Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Are you going to the festival?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Plump DJs and Krafty Kuts at Public Works on 8/10
    that would be a great after party option if I wasn't going to be in bed by midnight.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

1 ticket available less than early bird face value. $200.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I somewhat loathe Pasadena since I pretty much grew up there, but to say it blows is just wrong.

The bar scene, etc. has drastically improved. But you're a fucking moron so you wouldn't know anything about that.

And fyi the person that told us that parts of the BART are shady was born and raised in SF.
    BART isn't too bad, generally.

MUNI is where the real action is..here's one of the classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx6FRSemW38

ranger dave is now sold out of 3-day general admission tickets. only GA option left is friday.
    Hopefully, that means they are going to give us the schedule and comedy acts this week along with the night shows tomorrow.

yes bring on the comedy lineup already!

what about the tweet "ranger dave will be adding four more artists tomorrow to this year's lineup. and he's not stopping there either"??? I feel that at this point, he is stopping there with respect to musical additions. Yeah, we'll get some comedy acts, but I have a feeling they were trying to line-up someone else, it fell through, and now with strong ticket sales they just don't care.

*edit: Would be nice if they pulled a Coachella-esque surprise and just treated us with a QOTSA addition announcement like 2 days before the fest even though it's totally sold-out.

Quote Originally Posted by tubescape View Post
    Would be nice if they pulled a Coachella-esque surprise and just treated us with a QOTSA addition announcement like 2 days before the fest even though it's totally sold-out.
    I'm gonna bet against that... But while we are dreaming it would be awesome if they invited Wolfmother back!

Anyone on these boards sign up for volunteering this year?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    I'm gonna bet against that... But while we are dreaming it would be awesome if they invited Wolfmother back!
    I did enjoy that Baba O'Riley cover last time.

Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    I did enjoy that Baba O'Riley cover last time.
    First off Wolfmother broke up and second off Wolfmother was terrible when they played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Wolfmother is actually playing at the observatory in santa ana for 15 bucks.

Fake Wolfmother killed it tonight! I would love to see them added!

Question for you fine people of sf. Iv'e been to osl enough to understand that transportation can be a nightmare to the park, but I'm in a different position than in the past due to the wife's job not letting her leave early on Friday.

The task is simple. We land at sfo at 6:35, what method(s) give us the best chance of getting to the park in time for the Macca? Assume cost is not an issue. Am I right in thinking that a taxi will get us the closest the fastest? Thanks!

side note: we are packing light and staying at a friends apartment over the weekend. So we will carry on backpacks only which will come with us to the park on friday.

^I'd say book a Super Shuttle and make the drop off address somewhere like 36th & Lincoln. Slip the driver $40 and ask to be the first to be dropped off. That location works only if you have tix on you already and don't have to go to the festival box office. Also, if the driver is savvy, he'll skip traffic by taking the 380 and then to Skyline to Great Hwy. Or just hire a towncar and ask them to take that same route.

As for Wolfmother... I have to say that their first appearance at Coachella (was it 2006?), was a pretty epic performance. I was in that tent and felt like I was transported to a late 70s rock show. But their performance at Outside Lands in 2010 left much to be desired.

Might be a silly question, but is a towncar cheaper than a taxi? reason is i would rather run up to the first taxi i see and get a move on rather than hunting down the one town car I have on hire.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Might be a silly question, but is a towncar cheaper than a taxi? reason is i would rather run up to the first taxi i see and get a move on rather than hunting down the one town car I have on hire.
    You will be fine with a taxi. Town Car will be close to $100 and a taxi will be around $50 to $60 depending on traffic. However, like tubescape said, make sure they use 380 to 280 and then Brotherhood way into Sunset Blvd. The cabbie should know this way, but make sure because it will save you about 15 minutes. The ride from the airport to the venue should be 20-30 minutes depending on traffic, which hopefully wont be too bad at 6:45 and you're not going directly into SF. I'm thinking Macca will be starting around 7:30, so hopefully you will be in the park getting settled right when he's coming on.

I live a half mile from the park entrance and go to the airport fairly often, so I have a decent amount of experience with that route.

ranger dave has lined up @tallestman @Zedd @Yeasayer @SmithWesterns, @Tromboneshorty @KINGTUFFY @MiloGreene @wildbellemusic @theGROWLERS.
    I wonder if these are the late night shows? They seem like reasonable night show bands.

Also, sound like we will be getting comedy tent info today as well.

ranger dave has night shows and the barbary info coming tomorrow.
    ^that tweet was from yesterday.
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 07-16-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    I wonder if these are the late night shows? They seem like reasonable night show bands.

Also, sound like we will be getting comedy tent info today as well.

^that tweet was from yesterday.
    Seems a little weak for that to be all the after shows. Maybe a few more are coming when the site actually updates with onsale info as well as Barbary info. 10am PDT?

Anyone have more info on that Zedd show?
    12/18 & 19- Dillon Francis, Fox Theater
    12/31- Chromeo, Fort Mason
    1/28- Knife Party, Mezzanine
    2/1- RL Grime, Catalyst
    2/7- London Grammar, Fox Theater
    2/13- Breakbot, Mezzanine
    2/14- Crush, Bill Graham
    3/20- OK GO, Catalyst
    4/16- Alt-J, Greek Theater
    3/25- Echosmith, Regency Ballroom
    5/19- U2, SAP Center
    5/20- Lana Del Ray, Shoreline
    8/17- Taylor Swift, Levi's Stadium
    9/16- Foo Fighters, Shoreline

King Tuff w/ The Men. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    You will be fine with a taxi. Town Car will be close to $100 and a taxi will be around $50 to $60 depending on traffic. However, like tubescape said, make sure they use 380 to 280 and then Brotherhood way into Sunset Blvd. The cabbie should know this way, but make sure because it will save you about 15 minutes. The ride from the airport to the venue should be 20-30 minutes depending on traffic, which hopefully wont be too bad at 6:45 and you're not going directly into SF. I'm thinking Macca will be starting around 7:30, so hopefully you will be in the park getting settled right when he's coming on.

I live a half mile from the park entrance and go to the airport fairly often, so I have a decent amount of experience with that route.
    Thank you for the info. Taxi with a good tip upfront it is.

Night shows and comedy tent are up on the site.

Comedy tent is strong again. Jeff Ross and Eugene Mirman would be great to see but they will be probably conflicting with some good bands.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastlesFreak View Post
    Anyone have more info on that Zedd show?
    Thursday at the Indy. $35.

What's the deal with the 10pm show times listed for night shows? Does the music start promptly at 10, or is that door time? It doesn't make a lot of sense for us to leave the festival early just to get to an after show... especially on Friday night (ditching Macca early? No.)

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    What's the deal with the 10pm show times listed for night shows? Does the music start promptly at 10, or is that door time? It doesn't make a lot of sense for us to leave the festival early just to get to an after show... especially on Friday night (ditching Macca early? No.)
    i'll probably leave after the first encore to catch glass candy at the mezzanine ..the night shows this year blows...glass candy is the only show i'm looking forward to and it's not even an official osl night show
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Maria Bamford!

The superjam looks like it would be fun, but going to a night show on Sunday after going through the whole weekend sounds exhausting. And knowing Dumpstaphunk they will play until 3 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    i'll probably leave after the first encore to catch glass candy at the mezzanine ..the night shows this year blows...glass candy is the only show i'm looking forward to and it's not even an official osl night show
    Headliners at mezzanine don't ever really go on til midnight or just before, especially on the weekend.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

All of the aftershows I want to see are on the same night. Ugh. Will probably settle for Tallest Man on Earth over Smith Westerns.
    8/9-11 - Outside Lands 8/24 - Godflesh & Jucifer 9/3 - Loma Prieta 9/6 - Church of Ra 9/28 - Jesu & JK Flesh 10/11 - Carcass 10/27 - At the Gates