Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

  1. #2071

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    So what time are we thinking Paul goes on Friday? Flying up and need to schedule a flight...
    7 30 at the latest.

  2. #2072
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,728

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    at first glance I actually think I like Friday the most. If Sunday ends with RHCP vs. Kaskade I'll be happy because I'm going to try and catch a redeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  3. #2073
    Member sexualamandakiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Wouldn't Phoenix have too big of a crowd to go against NIN? They DID headline Coachella this year ...
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

    Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

    Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

  4. #2074

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Am overall happy about the allocation of bands this year. The only band it seems I'll be missing is Phoenix via clashing with Nine Inch Nails, but I'm not too devastated over that. It's a good trade. Yeah Yeah Yeahs -> NIN and The National -> Macca will rule.
    8/9-11 - Outside Lands 8/24 - Godflesh & Jucifer 9/3 - Loma Prieta 9/6 - Church of Ra 9/28 - Jesu & JK Flesh 10/11 - Carcass 10/27 - At the Gates

  5. #2075
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    By The Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,273

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    So what time are we thinking Paul goes on Friday? Flying up and need to schedule a flight...
    In the past Friday night has closed at 10 so assuming they give Paul his standard set I would say between 7-7:30 is a safe bet.

    Also Pheonix closing the Twin Peaks? You guys know how much of a cluster fuck it would be in that area? I personally don't see how in the hell all the people would fit there with how narrow it is. Arguably NIN and Phoenix are two of the three most popular bands this year so I just can't imagine APE putting them up against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  6. #2076
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I hope it's Phoenix into NIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  7. #2077
    Member TheClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Feliz
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Then it would have to be YYYs > Phoenix > NIN which would be even better than the epicness of 2011's Saturday lineup.

  8. #2078
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Yeah that. I'm hoping for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  9. #2079
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Then it would have to be YYYs > Phoenix > NIN which would be even better than the epicness of 2011's Saturday lineup.
    that would be incredible

  10. #2080

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Then it would have to be YYYs > Phoenix > NIN which would be even better than the epicness of 2011's Saturday lineup.
    I would much rather have that^
    but does anyone think it could be
    Lands End: Young the Giant -> Phoenix -> NIN
    Twin Peaks: Jurassic 5 -> YYYs
    Sutro: Grizzly Bear
    ?
    I don't see Young the Giant playing before YYYs or Jurassic 5, but I could see them playing before Phoenix, and based on that I put those two on the main before NIN.

  11. #2081
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    I would much rather have that^
    but does anyone think it could be
    Lands End: Young the Giant -> Phoenix -> NIN
    Twin Peaks: Jurassic 5 -> YYYs
    Sutro: Grizzly Bear
    ?
    I don't see Young the Giant playing before YYYs or Jurassic 5, but I could see them playing before Phoenix, and based on that I put those two on the main before NIN.
    Grizzly Bear at Sutro would NOT happen... that would call for the biggest crowd problem of all time

  12. #2082
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,418

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    This lineup looked a lot better to me before the day by day breakdown
    Sunday is really weak

  13. #2083
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I really wish Grizzly Bear was on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  14. #2084

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    Grizzly Bear at Sutro would NOT happen... that would call for the biggest crowd problem of all time
    What stage do you think they would be on?

  15. #2085
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I might just do a single day for Saturday. I wonder if it's better to just wait the week of when to see if the single day passes depreciate in value.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Foster the People - April 8 @ Pomona

  16. #2086
    Member sexualamandakiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    What stage do you think they would be on?
    I'm hoping for Grizzly Bear -> Yeah Yeah Yeahs -> Phoenix -> NIN
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

    Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

    Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

  17. #2087
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Twin Peaks

  18. #2088
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    I might just do a single day for Saturday. I wonder if it's better to just wait the week of when to see if the single day passes depreciate in value.
    I tried that last year and the single days were valuable as fuck the week of. My friend and tried to get a Saturday ticket the day of, and they were going for way over face.

  19. #2089

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I'm sure it's going to be a blast, but can't pull the trigger at the end of the day. Just too much Coachella overlap for the flight, hotel, ticket, etc.

    Hopefully we'll get a Macca date in LA and it looks like there will be a couple times in SoCal to check out NIN between now and next spring.

  20. #2090

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Are we sure certain that the 2nd tier is a guaranteed lock for headlining twin peaks stage? I'd hate to miss out on the National because of Paul. Of course, there's no sense on getting my panties in a bunch this far in advance either.

  21. #2091
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by thekube View Post
    I tried that last year and the single days were valuable as fuck the week of. My friend and tried to get a Saturday ticket the day of, and they were going for way over face.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Foster the People - April 8 @ Pomona

  22. #2092

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    nah, we aren't really sure of anything yet beyond the headliners

  23. #2093
    Member TheClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Feliz
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    Are we sure certain that the 2nd tier is a guaranteed lock for headlining twin peaks stage? I'd hate to miss out on the National because of Paul. Of course, there's no sense on getting my panties in a bunch this far in advance either.
    It's not, however the top billed EDM act always seems to close the Twin Peaks stage, so this year it really looks like that would be Pretty Lights on Friday and Kaskade on Sunday. Saturday is now the hangup, because in the past the 2nd billed act will lead into the headliner. We won't know for sure until next month.

  24. #2094
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    It's not, however the top billed EDM act always seems to close the Twin Peaks stage, so this year it really looks like that would be Pretty Lights on Friday and Kaskade on Sunday. Saturday is now the hangup, because in the past the 2nd billed act will lead into the headliner. We won't know for sure until next month.
    The National vs. D'Angelo will blow.

  25. #2095
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    god fucking damnit i hope not

  26. #2096
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Then it would have to be YYYs > Phoenix > NIN which would be even better than the epicness of 2011's Saturday lineup.
    If this happens I will be...just...so happy...
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

  27. #2097
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Bought a three day pass. Thinking of avoiding Saturday. Years ago it was just three single day tickets, which made it easy to sell one or more and keep the one you wanted to go for.

    Anyone know if that is still the way it's done? Anyone get a three day pass last year and what was the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  28. #2098
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Bought a three day pass. Thinking of avoiding Saturday. Years ago it was just three single day tickets, which made it easy to sell one or more and keep the one you wanted to go for.

    Anyone know if that is still the way it's done? Anyone get a three day pass last year and what was the deal?

    I bought an early bird 3 day pass for this year and ONE ticket came in the mail that is good for all 3 days.

  29. #2099
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,152

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Yeah. So if you give it to someone else for that day, they need to return it to you. Which I did successfully with sbconnection 2 years ago -- so it's advisable to do that with someone you know & trust.

    4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

  30. #2100
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    We should try to be more like Chile...



    They go fucking crazy... I can't wait for Foals

Similar Threads

  1. Outside Lands DJ Mix
    By indecipherable in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
  2. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  3. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. Outside Lands Festival!!!!
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •