Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Emeli Sandé is playing on Sunday, She just announced dates for Friday in Vegas and Sat in LA.
    Shows: Pet Shop Boys Oct 6th, One More Time Nov 1,
    Fests: HSB Oct 5 & 6, TIMF Oct 19 &20, DOTD Nov 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    Emeli Sandé is playing on Sunday, She just announced dates for Friday in Vegas and Sat in LA.
    where are those dates? where is the LA show? if you haven't seen this girl you gotta check her out. her voice in phenomenal

fuck! club nokia http://www.axs.com/events/242032/emeli-sande-tickets
    Last edited by tmac; 05-16-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    Historically when does this sell out? I'm not sure if I'll be in town
    I think last year it sold out 2 or 3 weeks beforehand.

I found out I couldn't go about 10-14 days before the fest last year but was still able to sell my ticket at a good price because it had just sold out a couple days before I needed to sell it.

About to pull the trigger on this fest. I'm not too thrilled with the line up, but I'll be goddamned if I ever miss a KASKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE set again in my life!

Kaskade? lol. You won't regret it. It's a great fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I went last year, zzzizzzler.

oh SORRY
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Kaskade? Really?

I liked some tracks off Love Mysterious but whatever I've heard from him lately sounds completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I went last year, zzzizzzler.
    I'm unconvinced that you aren't a hologram.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Thursday I'm thinking 12:35 Giants game with a few afternoon libations. Metro Area Thursday night. Hopefully I don't pass out on a sidewalk like last year.

Metro Area's on Friday night DylanJA

Good, because when I said a few libations I meant more like a dozen. Do you wanna go? We can make a drinking game out of it somehow. I know my boy Geno will be down.

I will absofuckinglutely be tearing up the floor at Metro Area. My jaw dropped when I heard about it. Live!

Ugh.

I will absofuckinglutely be tearing up the floor at Metro Area. My jaw dropped when I heard about it. Live!
    I just saw them a week ago. The cops showed up before their set so they didn't play for 3 hrs like they were supposed to. Still couldn't believe it was their first LIVE show in 10 years. Pictures here: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/e...013-dark-disco

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Looking at past schedules, does this sound about right based on billing? Days/order are meaningless.

CLOSERS: McCartney, RHCP, NIN
    MAIN STAGE LEAD INS: Phoenix, The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    ALTERNATE CLOSER: Pretty Lights, Kaskade, Vampire Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Looking at past schedules, does this sound about right based on billing? Days/order are meaningless.

CLOSERS: McCartney, RHCP, NIN
    MAIN STAGE LEAD INS: Phoenix, The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    ALTERNATE CLOSER: Pretty Lights, Kaskade, Vampire Weekend
    Sounds about right to me. Hoping its RHCP v. Vampire Weekend because if I have to choose between RHCP (again...) and an EDM act, it won't be too fun of a night for me.

Pretty Lights is playing Squamish festival on the 10th, so I think he'll close Twin Peaks Saturday and Kaskade will close it on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Sounds about right to me. Hoping its RHCP v. Vampire Weekend because if I have to choose between RHCP (again...) and an EDM act, it won't be too fun of a night for me.
    With Vampire Weekend having more potential fan crossover with the headliners than Pretty Lights/Kaskade, Nine Inch Nails seems like the best counterpart...darker industrial vs. happy indie with afro-pop influences. Sort of like Metallica and Sigur Ros, although this obviously isn't an apples to apples comparison with any of the four bands.

I would bet it'll be NIN/Vampire (Friday), McCartney/Pretty Lights (Saturday), RHCP/Kaskade (Sunday). Kaskade as a big San Francisco act dance party seems like a fitting closer. I would prefer it to be otherwise, but that seems to make the most sense to me.

Buttttttt I have never been, so feel free to disregard/rip apart everything I just said.
    Last edited by travelfan; 05-18-2013 at 10:55 AM.

With Vampire Weekend having more potential fan crossover with the headliners than Pretty Lights/Kaskade, Nine Inch Nails seems like the best counterpart...darker industrial vs. happy indie with afro-pop influences. Sort of like Metallica and Sigur Ros, although this obviously isn't an apples to apples comparison with any of the four bands.

I would bet it'll be NIN/Vampire (Friday), McCartney/Pretty Lights (Saturday), RHCP/Kaskade (Sunday). Kaskade as a big San Francisco act dance party seems like a fitting closer. I would prefer it to be otherwise, but that seems to make the most sense to me.

Buttttttt I have never been, so feel free to disregard/rip apart everything I just said.
    Well the days are definitely still up in the air but I think you are pretty close with the set up. I definitely feel like VW vs. NIN is likely. However, the speculation is that Kaskade is playing on Friday since he has shows in Vegas on Sat and Sun. So flip your Friday with your Sunday and thats how I see it.

I got a feeling that I'm going to have more conflicts this year than any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Well the days are definitely still up in the air but I think you are pretty close with the set up. I definitely feel like VW vs. NIN is likely. However, the speculation is that Kaskade is playing on Friday since he has shows in Vegas on Sat and Sun. So flip your Friday with your Sunday and thats how I see it.

I got a feeling that I'm going to have more conflicts this year than any of the others.
    Hmm ... Pretty Lights is playing Squamish Festival on Saturday though ... which means that at least one of Kaskade, Pretty Lights and Vampire Weekend isn't a Twin Peaks headliner, right?

Would it be possible for D'Angelo or Jurassic 5 to headline Twin Peaks? I feel like they'll be a good counterpart to Nine Inch Nails and it makes more sense schedule-wise:

Friday: Phoenix -> Paul McCartney (vs. Kaskade confirmed)
    Saturday: Yeah Yeah Yeahs (confirmed) -> Nine Inch Nails (vs. D'Angelo/Jurassic 5)
    Sunday: Vampire Weekend (confirmed) -> Red Hot Chili Peppers (vs. Pretty Lights)

I mean, I really hope this doesn't happen since Sunday is going to be such a bummer ... but since both Vampire Weekend and Pretty Lights are probably playing on Sunday (unless both Pretty Lights and Kaskade play on Friday) I feel like Vampire Weekend will be a sub on Sunday

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    libations. Metro Area Thursday night. Hopefully I don't pass out on a sidewalk like last year.
    Lol beck.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Hmm ... Pretty Lights is playing Squamish Festival on Saturday though ... which means that at least one of Kaskade, Pretty Lights and Vampire Weekend isn't a Twin Peaks headliner, right?

Would it be possible for D'Angelo or Jurassic 5 to headline Twin Peaks? I feel like they'll be a good counterpart to Nine Inch Nails and it makes more sense schedule-wise:

Friday: Phoenix -> Paul McCartney (vs. Kaskade confirmed)
    Saturday: Yeah Yeah Yeahs (confirmed) -> Nine Inch Nails (vs. D'Angelo/Jurassic 5)
    Sunday: Vampire Weekend (confirmed) -> Red Hot Chili Peppers (vs. Pretty Lights)

I mean, I really hope this doesn't happen since Sunday is going to be such a bummer ... but since both Vampire Weekend and Pretty Lights are probably playing on Sunday (unless both Pretty Lights and Kaskade play on Friday) I feel like Vampire Weekend will be a sub on Sunday
    Isn't Paul McCartney most likely for Saturday? Also, The National is Friday.

With the Kaskade/Pretty Lights info, maybe it will go:

The National -> Nine Inch Nails (vs Kaskade)
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs -> Paul McCartney (vs ???)
    Vampire Weekend -> Phoenix -> RHCP (vs. Pretty Lights)

Or, Phoenix -> Nine Inch Nails on Friday, with The National -> Kaskade going elsewhere.
    Last edited by travelfan; 05-19-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Isn't Paul McCartney most likely for Saturday? Also, The National is Friday.

With the Kaskade/Pretty Lights info, maybe it will go:

The National -> Nine Inch Nails (vs Kaskade)
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs -> Paul McCartney (vs ???)
    Vampire Weekend -> Phoenix -> RHCP (vs. Pretty Lights)

Or, Phoenix -> Nine Inch Nails on Friday, with The National -> Kaskade going elsewhere.
    Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking The National can be a sub sub on Friday (The National -> Phoenix -> NIN) but it's as likely for VW to sub sub too. Either way, I'm curious of who the third Twin Peaks headliner is going to be

My guess would be J5. Big enough to draw a crow and not so much crossover where they would draw the same crowd. Plus there hasn't been a big enough hip hop act to close the twin peaks before and J5 would certainly fit. If they are though I would be at J5. Seen Macca a few times already so it won't be that hard to skip and don't really care for NIN or RHCP. I would prefer for them not to be against Macca of course though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

So I bought my tickets when they first went on sale, but now I can't go. If anyone in the San Diego area (or anywhere for that matter, we can figure something out) is looking for tickets, I have 2 for sale at $245 each, which is what I paid for them after the ridiculous convenience charges. Let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

I really want to see The National, Phoenix, and Vampire Weekend, but Nine Inch Nails are my favorite band of all time. It's going to be a bitch if I have to give up one of the former three.
    8/9-11 - Outside Lands 8/24 - Godflesh & Jucifer 9/3 - Loma Prieta 9/6 - Church of Ra 9/28 - Jesu & JK Flesh 10/11 - Carcass 10/27 - At the Gates

My worst case scenario would be a Vampire Weekend -> Paul McCartney conflict. I think that's probably unlikely though.

So I'm guessing when they announce specific day lineup that's when they'll sell the single day tickets ??

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by sunn-bro View Post
    I really want to see The National, Phoenix, and Vampire Weekend, but Nine Inch Nails are my favorite band of all time. It's going to be a bitch if I have to give up one of the former three.
    If Nine Inch Nails and The National somehow conflicted I will start a riot.