Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

  1. #1711
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Man, if his setlist is half this good it would be amazing.

    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-m...-1bd87d34.html

    I will die happy if he plays the end of Abbey Road for an encore.
    I was watching some of the youtube videos from his first 2 shows of this tour and he had an AMAZING crowd! hopefully he has a good GGP crowd!

  2. #1712
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,219

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Wow that's a great set list. I am excite.

  3. #1713
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    How do after parties usually work? I know it's a separate ticket, however is it discounted if we have the 3 day OSL pass? Is it pretty much just another concert at a different venue or is it in a club setting? Since music ends at 10 I'm pretty sure we are gonna want to stay put at least one of the nights.

    Maybe some examples of last years after parties? Thanks!

  4. #1714
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,430

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    There aren't OSL "after-parties," per say. There's just night shows at some of the various venues in the city. In the past, only OSL ticket holders were given the passwords needed to purchase these tickets. There's no discount or anything. The only "club" setting I remember a night show being at was Mighty, with Hercules and Love Affair. Oh, yeah. Some of the night shows feature artists that aren't even on the actual lineup.

    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

  5. #1715

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Its not Coachella. Sound systems suck, the crowd sucks , you see half the bands youd see at Coachella. It costs the same. Basically you get great food and beer at expensive prices in a cool park setting. Calm down or you will be pissed, The sound is atrocous and the fans are the worst ive seen at ANY music fest. I'm talking chatting about how much they like sigur ros while sigur ros is fucking playing. Worst fest crowd ever. people sneak in, its crowded as shit. Sorry to all the OSL fan but it is not worth the cost unless you are a local. Sorry to rain on your parade but this is honesty.
    The sound system is fine as long as you stand in front of the stage and try to get up somewhat close at Twin Peaks, up on the hill you're not gonna get great sound. And like most people said, make your way to the front and people will be much more into the music. OSL is amazing. But I do live 2 blocks from the entrance so I'll never make a complaint against this amazing festival.

  6. #1716
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ylliBsivaD View Post
    The sound system is fine as long as you stand in front of the stage and try to get up somewhat close at Twin Peaks, up on the hill you're not gonna get great sound. And like most people said, make your way to the front and people will be much more into the music. OSL is amazing. But I do live 2 blocks from the entrance so I'll never make a complaint against this amazing festival.
    That's a good distinction. I think at Coachella you can hear things very clearly very far back at the main stage even behind the 3rd tier of speakers. You can't say the same for Outside Lands but if you make efforts to get close like the soundboard or closer, you will have less chatter and hear the music much more clearly.

  7. #1717
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    The main stage sound is fine. granted the only time I watched from far away was Kings of Leon when we were just chilling in the back before we left. Only heard about half the set but I don't remember any issues with the sound from far back. Twin Peaks is a complete different game though and like I previously said the only real times I had issues with sound at it when it was windy as fuck and was farther back. The sets I've seen from up close at twin peaks the sound was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  8. #1718
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    The main stage sound is fine. granted the only time I watched from far away was Kings of Leon when we were just chilling in the back before we left. Only heard about half the set but I don't remember any issues with the sound from far back. Twin Peaks is a complete different game though and like I previously said the only real times I had issues with sound at it when it was windy as fuck and was farther back. The sets I've seen from up close at twin peaks the sound was fine.
    I stayed back for Jack White and Neil Young and it sounded fine to me.

  9. #1719

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    You really need to stay at the Main stage to get anything out of it. The Twin Peaks stage gets real crowded later in the day and it's filled with talkers. I didn't venture to the minor stages later in the day, but the fare was pretty pedestrian at those stages anyway.

  10. #1720

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Why in the world would sir Paul play ob-la-di, ob-la-da? That is one of the worst Beatles songs ever IMO. I'd rather listen to revolution number 9.
    Last edited by Jordanp; 05-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

  11. #1721
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    sound at Jack White was horrible where I was, and I was fairly close.

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  12. #1722
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    How long would it take to cab it from the park to SFO on Sunday night? Got a 9pm flight back to LA that I should responsibly make...

  13. #1723
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I don't know the exact time but you are probably looking at around a 70 cab fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  14. #1724
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I don't know the exact time but you are probably looking at around a 70 cab fare.
    Yikes.

  15. #1725
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    How long would it take to cab it from the park to SFO on Sunday night? Got a 9pm flight back to LA that I should responsibly make...
    cab to a bart station and take the bart to the airport if you're concerned with cost

  16. #1726
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Uber has a flat-rate of $65 from SFO to the city. Never done flat-rate uber before (I use regular uber all the time) but if there are no extra fees (uber prices include the tip!) then you should uber it. Might as well do it in style and if unit3000's quote of $70 for a normal taxi then obviously go the town car route.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

  17. #1727
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Uber has a flat-rate of $65 from SFO to the city. Never done flat-rate uber before (I use regular uber all the time) but if there are no extra fees (uber prices include the tip!) then you should uber it. Might as well do it in style and if unit3000's quote of $70 for a normal taxi then obviously go the town car route.
    Uber sounds like the move, thanks.

  18. #1728
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    cab to a bart station and take the bart to the airport if you're concerned with cost
    this is great in theory but if he is trying to catch as much of the concert on Sunday before he leaves, which sounds like he is trying to do, then a cab/uber/lift would be the much faster option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  19. #1729

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Uber/Lyft would be more reliable. I wouldn't count on there being too many available cabs around the park, even while the festival is still going.

  20. #1730

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    So Smith Westerns are playing Friday, they just announced shows that include the El Rey on Saturday, and The Glass House on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/smithwester...23966167614127
    Shows: Pet Shop Boys Oct 6th, One More Time Nov 1,
    Fests: HSB Oct 5 & 6, TIMF Oct 19 &20, DOTD Nov 2 & 3

  21. #1731
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    There aren't OSL "after-parties," per say. There's just night shows at some of the various venues in the city. In the past, only OSL ticket holders were given the passwords needed to purchase these tickets. There's no discount or anything. The only "club" setting I remember a night show being at was Mighty, with Hercules and Love Affair. Oh, yeah. Some of the night shows feature artists that aren't even on the actual lineup.
    This sounds great, I was hoping there wouldn't be very many club type shows. These events, I'm assuming, will eventually pop up on OSL's website?

    Any fun ones you remember from last year in particular?

    Looks like I answered my own questions: http://www.thebaybridged.com/2012/07...-and-men-more/

    Kinda bummed they start at 10 aka right when the festival is over. Was hoping for more things around 11pm.
    Last edited by Nealocus; 05-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

  22. #1732

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    This sounds great, I was hoping there wouldn't be very many club type shows. These events, I'm assuming, will eventually pop up on OSL's website?

    Any fun ones you remember from last year in particular?

    Looks like I answered my own questions: http://www.thebaybridged.com/2012/07...-and-men-more/

    Kinda bummed they start at 10 aka right when the festival is over. Was hoping for more things around 11pm.
    The doors probably open at ten and the shows are more likely to start around 10:30 11:00. Also if you find one at the independent that is only about a 10 15 min walk from the park.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  23. #1733

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Fuck that. OSL is pretty deep into the park and even then Divisadero from the base of the park is 15min if you are booking it.

  24. #1734

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    ^- this. The nearest exit from the festival grounds is still about 25 blocks away from the east edge of the park. From THERE it's 15 mins if you book it.

    People, look at a map before you plan to walk anywhere.

  25. #1735

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Really I swear ive done 28th fulton to divis in less than 20 minutes..... maybe the intoxication speeds up the trip
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  26. #1736
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    This sounds great, I was hoping there wouldn't be very many club type shows. These events, I'm assuming, will eventually pop up on OSL's website?

    Any fun ones you remember from last year in particular?

    Looks like I answered my own questions: http://www.thebaybridged.com/2012/07...-and-men-more/

    Kinda bummed they start at 10 aka right when the festival is over. Was hoping for more things around 11pm.
    The past few years they have done a Wednesday show at the Cal Academy that I've always wanted to check out except that I normally don't get up there to Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  27. #1737
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Ya, I'm getting up there Thursday too. Makes sense that DOORS are at 10 and not the show, can't believe I didn't realize that.

    Even if its a 20-30min walk we will probably end up just taking a cab since my girlfriend is usually pretty beat after a day of festivaling.

  28. #1738

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I wouldn't count on a cab. Uber or Lyft, or maybe even brave MUNI. Someone recommended getting on the MUNI bus headed the wrong direction - it'll turn around after just a few blocks and you'll have some seats to yourselves before the hordes board.
    Last edited by knotted_donuts; 05-09-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: hoards/hordes

  29. #1739
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    So Smith Westerns are playing Friday, they just announced shows that include the El Rey on Saturday, and The Glass House on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/smithwester...23966167614127
    Good work. I've updated the first post in this thread.

    It currently looks like this:

    Breakdowns by day based on our collective research

    Friday, August 9th
    Kaskade
    The National
    Daughter
    Smith Westerns


    Saturday, August 10th
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Grizzly Bear
    Surfer Blood
    James McCartney
    Bhi Bhiman


    Sunday, August 11th
    Willie Nelson
    Vampire Weekend
    Fishbone
    A-Trak
    Zedd
    Trombone Shorty
    The Mother Hips
    Atlas Genius
    The Lone Bellow
    Anuhea
    Midi Mitilda
    Matt & Kim
    Houndmoth
    The Soft White Sixties
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  30. #1740
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    I wouldn't count on a cab. Uber or Lyft, or maybe even brave MUNI. Someone recommended getting on the MUNI bus headed the wrong direction - it'll turn around after just a few blocks and you'll have some seats to yourselves before the hordes board.
    If by a few blocks you mean about 20 or then yeah this is an option. Instead of waiting for it to go completely around just go a a few then get off and get back on the other way, unless you enjoy the longer ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Similar Threads

  1. Outside Lands DJ Mix
    By indecipherable in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
  2. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  3. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. Outside Lands Festival!!!!
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •