Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Man, if his setlist is half this good it would be amazing.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-m...-1bd87d34.html

I will die happy if he plays the end of Abbey Road for an encore.
    I was watching some of the youtube videos from his first 2 shows of this tour and he had an AMAZING crowd! hopefully he has a good GGP crowd!

Wow that's a great set list. I am excite.

How do after parties usually work? I know it's a separate ticket, however is it discounted if we have the 3 day OSL pass? Is it pretty much just another concert at a different venue or is it in a club setting? Since music ends at 10 I'm pretty sure we are gonna want to stay put at least one of the nights.

Maybe some examples of last years after parties? Thanks!

There aren't OSL "after-parties," per say. There's just night shows at some of the various venues in the city. In the past, only OSL ticket holders were given the passwords needed to purchase these tickets. There's no discount or anything. The only "club" setting I remember a night show being at was Mighty, with Hercules and Love Affair. Oh, yeah. Some of the night shows feature artists that aren't even on the actual lineup.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Its not Coachella. Sound systems suck, the crowd sucks , you see half the bands youd see at Coachella. It costs the same. Basically you get great food and beer at expensive prices in a cool park setting. Calm down or you will be pissed, The sound is atrocous and the fans are the worst ive seen at ANY music fest. I'm talking chatting about how much they like sigur ros while sigur ros is fucking playing. Worst fest crowd ever. people sneak in, its crowded as shit. Sorry to all the OSL fan but it is not worth the cost unless you are a local. Sorry to rain on your parade but this is honesty.
    The sound system is fine as long as you stand in front of the stage and try to get up somewhat close at Twin Peaks, up on the hill you're not gonna get great sound. And like most people said, make your way to the front and people will be much more into the music. OSL is amazing. But I do live 2 blocks from the entrance so I'll never make a complaint against this amazing festival.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by ylliBsivaD View Post
    The sound system is fine as long as you stand in front of the stage and try to get up somewhat close at Twin Peaks, up on the hill you're not gonna get great sound. And like most people said, make your way to the front and people will be much more into the music. OSL is amazing. But I do live 2 blocks from the entrance so I'll never make a complaint against this amazing festival.
    That's a good distinction. I think at Coachella you can hear things very clearly very far back at the main stage even behind the 3rd tier of speakers. You can't say the same for Outside Lands but if you make efforts to get close like the soundboard or closer, you will have less chatter and hear the music much more clearly.

The main stage sound is fine. granted the only time I watched from far away was Kings of Leon when we were just chilling in the back before we left. Only heard about half the set but I don't remember any issues with the sound from far back. Twin Peaks is a complete different game though and like I previously said the only real times I had issues with sound at it when it was windy as fuck and was farther back. The sets I've seen from up close at twin peaks the sound was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    The main stage sound is fine. granted the only time I watched from far away was Kings of Leon when we were just chilling in the back before we left. Only heard about half the set but I don't remember any issues with the sound from far back. Twin Peaks is a complete different game though and like I previously said the only real times I had issues with sound at it when it was windy as fuck and was farther back. The sets I've seen from up close at twin peaks the sound was fine.
    I stayed back for Jack White and Neil Young and it sounded fine to me.

You really need to stay at the Main stage to get anything out of it. The Twin Peaks stage gets real crowded later in the day and it's filled with talkers. I didn't venture to the minor stages later in the day, but the fare was pretty pedestrian at those stages anyway.

Why in the world would sir Paul play ob-la-di, ob-la-da? That is one of the worst Beatles songs ever IMO. I'd rather listen to revolution number 9.
    Last edited by Jordanp; 05-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

sound at Jack White was horrible where I was, and I was fairly close.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

How long would it take to cab it from the park to SFO on Sunday night? Got a 9pm flight back to LA that I should responsibly make...

I don't know the exact time but you are probably looking at around a 70 cab fare.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I don't know the exact time but you are probably looking at around a 70 cab fare.
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    How long would it take to cab it from the park to SFO on Sunday night? Got a 9pm flight back to LA that I should responsibly make...
    cab to a bart station and take the bart to the airport if you're concerned with cost

Uber has a flat-rate of $65 from SFO to the city. Never done flat-rate uber before (I use regular uber all the time) but if there are no extra fees (uber prices include the tip!) then you should uber it. Might as well do it in style and if unit3000's quote of $70 for a normal taxi then obviously go the town car route.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Uber has a flat-rate of $65 from SFO to the city. Never done flat-rate uber before (I use regular uber all the time) but if there are no extra fees (uber prices include the tip!) then you should uber it. Might as well do it in style and if unit3000's quote of $70 for a normal taxi then obviously go the town car route.
    Uber sounds like the move, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    cab to a bart station and take the bart to the airport if you're concerned with cost
    this is great in theory but if he is trying to catch as much of the concert on Sunday before he leaves, which sounds like he is trying to do, then a cab/uber/lift would be the much faster option.

Uber/Lyft would be more reliable. I wouldn't count on there being too many available cabs around the park, even while the festival is still going.

So Smith Westerns are playing Friday, they just announced shows that include the El Rey on Saturday, and The Glass House on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/smithwester...23966167614127
    Shows: Pet Shop Boys Oct 6th, One More Time Nov 1,
    Fests: HSB Oct 5 & 6, TIMF Oct 19 &20, DOTD Nov 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    There aren't OSL "after-parties," per say. There's just night shows at some of the various venues in the city. In the past, only OSL ticket holders were given the passwords needed to purchase these tickets. There's no discount or anything. The only "club" setting I remember a night show being at was Mighty, with Hercules and Love Affair. Oh, yeah. Some of the night shows feature artists that aren't even on the actual lineup.
    This sounds great, I was hoping there wouldn't be very many club type shows. These events, I'm assuming, will eventually pop up on OSL's website?

Any fun ones you remember from last year in particular?

Looks like I answered my own questions: http://www.thebaybridged.com/2012/07...-and-men-more/

Kinda bummed they start at 10 aka right when the festival is over. Was hoping for more things around 11pm.
    Last edited by Nealocus; 05-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    This sounds great, I was hoping there wouldn't be very many club type shows. These events, I'm assuming, will eventually pop up on OSL's website?

Looks like I answered my own questions: http://www.thebaybridged.com/2012/07...-and-men-more/

Kinda bummed they start at 10 aka right when the festival is over. Was hoping for more things around 11pm.
    The doors probably open at ten and the shows are more likely to start around 10:30 11:00. Also if you find one at the independent that is only about a 10 15 min walk from the park.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Fuck that. OSL is pretty deep into the park and even then Divisadero from the base of the park is 15min if you are booking it.

^- this. The nearest exit from the festival grounds is still about 25 blocks away from the east edge of the park. From THERE it's 15 mins if you book it.

People, look at a map before you plan to walk anywhere.

Really I swear ive done 28th fulton to divis in less than 20 minutes..... maybe the intoxication speeds up the trip
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post

The past few years they have done a Wednesday show at the Cal Academy that I've always wanted to check out except that I normally don't get up there to Thursday.

Ya, I'm getting up there Thursday too. Makes sense that DOORS are at 10 and not the show, can't believe I didn't realize that.

Even if its a 20-30min walk we will probably end up just taking a cab since my girlfriend is usually pretty beat after a day of festivaling.

I wouldn't count on a cab. Uber or Lyft, or maybe even brave MUNI. Someone recommended getting on the MUNI bus headed the wrong direction - it'll turn around after just a few blocks and you'll have some seats to yourselves before the hordes board.
    Last edited by knotted_donuts; 05-09-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: hoards/hordes

Quote Originally Posted by trigbees View Post
    So Smith Westerns are playing Friday, they just announced shows that include the El Rey on Saturday, and The Glass House on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/smithwester...23966167614127
    Good work. I've updated the first post in this thread.

It currently looks like this:

Breakdowns by day based on our collective research

Friday, August 9th
    Kaskade
    The National
    Daughter
    Smith Westerns

Saturday, August 10th
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Grizzly Bear
    Surfer Blood
    James McCartney
    Bhi Bhiman

Sunday, August 11th
    Willie Nelson
    Vampire Weekend
    Fishbone
    A-Trak
    Zedd
    Trombone Shorty
    The Mother Hips
    Atlas Genius
    The Lone Bellow
    Anuhea
    Midi Mitilda
    Matt & Kim
    Houndmoth
    The Soft White Sixties
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    I wouldn't count on a cab. Uber or Lyft, or maybe even brave MUNI. Someone recommended getting on the MUNI bus headed the wrong direction - it'll turn around after just a few blocks and you'll have some seats to yourselves before the hordes board.
    If by a few blocks you mean about 20 or then yeah this is an option. Instead of waiting for it to go completely around just go a a few then get off and get back on the other way, unless you enjoy the longer ride.