Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Id say the sound was just as bad at Coachella this year, as it was at OSL last. The sound at OSL is entirely dependent on your placement, and just like any fest, the best sound and vast majority of passionate fans are up close.
    No. The sound is better at Coachella. A bad mix here and there at Coachella is going to happen. The sound at OSL is not very good and can't compete with Coachella. I researched this with scientists you dick.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Its not Coachella. Sound systems suck, the crowd sucks , you see half the bands youd see at Coachella. It costs the same. Basically you get great food and beer at expensive prices in a cool park setting. Calm down or you will be pissed, The sound is atrocous and the fans are the worst ive seen at ANY music fest. I'm talking chatting about how much they like sigur ros while sigur ros is fucking playing. Worst fest crowd ever. people sneak in, its crowded as shit. Sorry to all the OSL fan but it is not worth the cost unless you are a local. Sorry to rain on your parade but this is honesty.
    You are right it's not Coachella it's Outside Lands. Only real sound issues I've personally experienced have all been on the Twin Peaks stage and that's only when it was super windy and I was pretty far back. Granted I've missed the past two Coachella's but I personally don't remember the crowd being any better then OSL, crowds pretty much suck at any major fest for the most part now. Yeah you see half the bands but it's also 4 stages compared to 6 and it's over by 10 not 1 am. Also it's about 100 less per ticket then Coachella, but that cost could easily be spent on food and drink. As far as it being crowded by shit I think it;s more just feeling like it is then actual people because of just he natural lay out of the park. It's not on an open flat ground like Coachella, you have to deal with some bottlenecks and only one way to get from stage to stage that everyone is trying to do.

For new people going he is saying all stuff that you really do have to consider I personally just don't think it's as bad as Roboto is making it out to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I appreciate the honesty, and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm sure I'll have an amazing time despite these issues and I'll definitely try to work my way to the front of my favorite bands...because my personal pet peeve is when people won't shut the fuck up during shows.

I used to live in Seattle and quite like the cold weather so I'm actually a bit excited about that. Does someone know the temperature it was last year, or at least an educated guess? The overcrowded complaints is what bothers me the most. On a scale is the size of it bigger than the polo fields? I read that it's 75,000 people so I think that's on par with Coachella. Thanks again, hopefully I'll run into a few of you there and buy you a beer.
    Last edited by Nealocus; 05-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

According to accuweather, the highs in San Francisco were mid- to low-60s while the lows dipped down to the low 50s. I'm not sure where those measurements were taken in the city, but I know that it felt much, much colder than that in the park. Bring layers. Either a windproof lightweight jacket or a medium jacket (if non-windproof) will serve you well. I had to lend mine to a friend for the first day last year because she was literally turning blue. Don't be that person that has to shell out $60 of your cash to buy a festival hoodie because you didn't bring yours from home (oh, and if you are going to be that person, buy it early... these tend to sell out).

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You dingbats keep suggesting that the majority of the crowd at OSL is made up of actual SF residents and not the outlying cities.
    You're right, the blanket using, constantly talking fuckwads are from all over Northern California. Not just SF.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2)

Thank you.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Surprisingly, this Rolling Stones article actually makes some good points on how to prepare for the festival and the city. My only amendment would be to point #6: please don't call us "San Fran," either.

Quote Originally Posted by schnide View Post
    Why are you so sure they'll have late adds? A normal thing for this festival? I can't find anywhere on the lineup where it says "more acts to be added" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Surprisingly, this Rolling Stones article actually makes some good points on how to prepare for the festival and the city. My only amendment would be to point #6: please don't call us "San Fran," either.
    Will read. As for #6, as long as you don't come to my city and call it "Sun Diego", I'll comply.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Gave my boyfriend a death stare for calling it that the other day.

Having just returned from Jazz Fest, I think they have a pretty unique and effective solution to our blanketing woes. They have a standing room only zone that stretches back about 100' from the stage, so anyone who wants to sit and relax for their music are welcome to do so, just at a distance (you know, where people that want to relax should be). I suggested a Bonnaroo-esque pit area during Ranger Dave's reddit AMA, but I prefer this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Gave my boyfriend a death stare for calling it that the other day.
    YOU have a boyfriend? Poor guy
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Better watch yourself, or you'll have a death stare comin' your way.

PEW-PEW

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    Why are you so sure they'll have late adds? A normal thing for this festival? I can't find anywhere on the lineup where it says "more acts to be added" etc.

Late adds are a normal occurrence, most of the time its smaller bands. If you look on the lineup poster - http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/home/ the last thing it says is "AND MORE!"
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Also, this festival is in an urban environment. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Also, this festival is in an urban environment. Just sayin'.
    that's racist bro!
    you are soooooooo good lookin

According to accuweather, the highs in San Francisco were mid- to low-60s while the lows dipped down to the low 50s. I'm not sure where those measurements were taken in the city, but I know that it felt much, much colder than that in the park. Bring layers. Either a windproof lightweight jacket or a medium jacket (if non-windproof) will serve you well. I had to lend mine to a friend for the first day last year because she was literally turning blue. Don't be that person that has to shell out $60 of your cash to buy a festival hoodie because you didn't bring yours from home (oh, and if you are going to be that person, buy it early... these tend to sell out).
    Typically GG Park is the colder and foggier part of the city.

Yup, microclimates are the real deal. I've seen a 20 degree difference in as little as 3 miles across the peninsula. (btw, the "SF Climates" app is pretty nifty)

In the 4 of them I've been to I only really remember bad weather one day. The rest of the time it always seemed to work out to have great weather that weekend. However I don't always expect that to be the case.

I loved the weather last year. And the fog rolling in during the Sigur Ros set made it look really awesome.

I didn't hear the people chatting since I was way in front. Made my move after Passion Pit.

Man, if his setlist is half this good it would be amazing.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-m...-1bd87d34.html

I will die happy if he plays the end of Abbey Road for an encore.

Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Man, if his setlist is half this good it would be amazing.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-m...-1bd87d34.html

I will die happy if he plays the end of Abbey Road for an encore.
    Was just looking at this. "Eight Days a Week" as an opener is amazing.

I was sitting in a bar yesterday with a buddy just having some lunch and drinking and some live video of Paul McCartney came on and he was singing "Hey Jude". I immediately called my girlfriend and told her we are going to see him live at OSL. A little weary of paying close to $300 for several of the same bands that played Coachella, but with the addition of NIN, Paul McCartney and a few others make it totally worth it. I'm still in awe that I'll get to see some Beatles songs live, something I never thought I'd witness in my lifetime (I'm 23).

oh man that's a great setlist and has a lot of stuff he didn't do at Coachella/AT&T. Golden Slumbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    Was just looking at this. "Eight Days a Week" as an opener is amazing.

I was sitting in a bar yesterday with a buddy just having some lunch and drinking and some live video of Paul McCartney came on and he was singing "Hey Jude". I immediately called my girlfriend and told her we are going to see him live at OSL. A little weary of paying close to $300 for several of the same bands that played Coachella, but with the addition of NIN, Paul McCartney and a few others make it totally worth it. I'm still in awe that I'll get to see some Beatles songs live, something I never thought I'd witness in my lifetime (I'm 23).
    Same thinking for me as well. Just seeing a Beatle in person will make the weekend worth it for me.

My grandma actually had tickets to the Beatles last concert at Candlestick Park and could have given them to my mom, but she gave them away to somebody else.

I would never forgive her for that, luckily my mom doesn't hold grudges.

holyshitholyshitholyshit! He is doing a completely different set list than the other two times I saw him!
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

(sorry I just drank some coffee)
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

(holyshit!)

Well considering his body of work, I hope he would change it up every now and then.

Interesting he's throwing a couple of John songs in there. I don't remember him doing any John songs previously other than A Day in the Life (which is half his) --> Give Peace a Chance.