Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

There's nothing wrong with Paul and Trent. It's people your age getting excited about Kaskade and Pretty Lights that keep APE booking the absolutefuckingworstdancemusiclineupsever. Stop it.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

OK, you win, I'll stop listening to them. I'll do my best to age 25 years to keep up as well.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

I mean, that doesn't make any sense. It's fine if you want to listen to the lowest denominator of shitty dance music out there currently, but at least hang your head in shame and keep quiet about it. San Francisco is a city that has a wide variety of quality dance music almost every weekend. There are plenty of better bookings that APE could make for this festival, even for the more mainstream/mass appeal audiences, and they still book absolute fucking crap. BECAUSE OF YOU.

If they put Pretty Lights against Red Hot Chili Peppers I'll be going home early that day I'd imagine. Get ready for the night

I have to agree with Guedita, the Dance lineup is atrocious. It actually shocked me when I first saw the lineup.

But there are a ton of other great acts so that's whats bringing me there.

Guedita - Do we at least have some solid Dance after parties to look forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I mean, that doesn't make any sense. It's fine if you want to listen to the lowest denominator of shitty dance music out there currently, but at least hang your head in shame and keep quiet about it. San Francisco is a city that has a wide variety of quality dance music almost every weekend. There are plenty of better bookings that APE could make for this festival, even for the more mainstream/mass appeal audiences, and they still book absolute fucking crap. BECAUSE OF YOU.
    My Public Apology:

Good evening ladies and gentlemen of the Coachella forums. I stand before you a shamed and broken man. I realize now that what I have done to the dance music scene is inexcusable. The accusations against me are indeed true. I, in fact, ruined dance music for all festival goers, young and old alike.

I have no choice but to step down as your local "kind" and "open minded" music lover. I will do my best to contribute nothing by slander and vitriol to these boards from this day forward. Good night and may God have mercy on my soul.

RIP Sahara Tent 1999 - Whenever Syrrus murdered it

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post

Guedita - Do we at least have some solid Dance after parties to look forward to?
    I can't predict if there will be any OSL related night show dance parties, but I can predict with high likelihood that on at least one of the nights of that weekend there will be something worth going to in SF if you want to dance.

OK, just one more nice thing.

I absolutely love the Parker Posey avatar G.

Christopher Guest movies are my favorite. OK that's the last time I swear. I'm a meany now, grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I have to agree with Guedita, the Dance lineup is atrocious. It actually shocked me when I first saw the lineup.
    Last year it was Skrillex and Justice, before that Deadmau5. I mean OSL has never really had much of an EDM scene except for a couple of mainstream token acts. However they do get a pretty decent Heineken Dome lineup, but I'm not exactly sure who books that, if it's APE or Heineken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Last year it was Skrillex and Justice, before that Deadmau5. I mean OSL has never really had much of an EDM scene except for a couple of mainstream token acts. However they do get a pretty decent Heineken Dome lineup, but I'm not exactly sure who books that, if it's APE or Heineken.
    I didn't know they had a Heine Dome that's great news.

no suprise syruss and people like enluv are leading the Eric Prydz charge..........
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

I can predict with high likelihood that on at least one of the nights of that weekend there will be something worth going to in SF if you want to dance.
    *Like*
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk

Not that many people will care about this, but looks like Kaskade will be closing out Twin Peaks Friday night since he has his "Summer Lovin'" residency in Las Vegas on Saturday and Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    OK, just one more nice thing.

I absolutely love the Parker Posey avatar G.

Christopher Guest movies are my favorite. OK that's the last time I swear. I'm a meany now, grrrr.
    Thanks, though this is her in Dazed and Confused. I'm a Christopher Guest fanatic as well.

I don't know who books that either, I think Heineken. Don't be surprised if Mark Farina is there (again). Would love it if similar artists from Coachella's weekend 1 Heineken dome were there, too. Even though OSL's has a long track record of abysmal dance bookings, it's always disappointing and frustrating. They couldn't book Disclosure or even Empire of the Sun? They can't even low-bill a god damned Dirty Bird artist for the park? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    *Like*
    Please tell me you're coming!

I hope Farina comes back.

Can we all agree that we need to find out which SF Chinese restaurant Kaskade and PM are going to eat at so we can crash that meal?

Even though OSL's has a long track record of abysmal dance bookings, it's always disappointing and frustrating. They couldn't book Disclosure or even Empire of the Sun? !
    There are a shitload of other festivals going on in Europe during Late July/Early August which takes a lot of artists out of the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

I don't know who books that either, I think Heineken. Don't be surprised if Mark Farina is there (again). Would love it if similar artists from Coachella's weekend 1 Heineken dome were there, too. Even though OSL's has a long track record of abysmal dance bookings, it's always disappointing and frustrating. They couldn't book Disclosure or even Empire of the Sun? They can't even low-bill a god damned Dirty Bird artist for the park? Give me a break.
    Disclosure would have been great but they are in Europe during OSL. I hope they squeeze in a SF show on August 2 on their way to hard.

i agree that OSL is always lacking on decent EDM but there is usually a few decent djs at the dome including probably a dirty bird person or two. The dome just kinda sucks because its too small and that probably won't change. I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Martin or Miguel Migs back though.

I do have to say that I am looking forward to seeing the drum and bass band Rudimental at OSL so I'll give the promoters credit for that.

To be fair EOTS was there a few years ago, I think the same year as Deadmau5 closing the twin peaks. Then Girl Talk closing against Muse. Damn looking back they have had some pretty awful EDM twin peaks closing acts. I think the best one might have been Thievery Corp back in 09 and I don't even know if that counts as EDM or not.

As far as the dome goes hasn't Farina, Doc Martin, and Motion Potion been there just about every year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    Not that many people will care about this, but looks like Kaskade will be closing out Twin Peaks Friday night since he has his "Summer Lovin'" residency in Las Vegas on Saturday and Sunday.
    Seems to suggest The National might be closing out Twin Peaks on Sunday, as they're in LA Saturday (and would be unlikely to be playing opposite McCartney anways).

To be fair EOTS was there a few years ago, I think the same year as Deadmau5 closing the twin peaks. Then Girl Talk closing against Muse. Damn looking back they have had some pretty awful EDM twin peaks closing acts. I think the best one might have been Thievery Corp back in 09 and I don't even know if that counts as EDM or not.

As far as the dome goes hasn't Farina, Doc Martin, and Motion Potion been there just about every year?
    I'm not sure you understand how to properly use the phrase "to be fair." I acknowledged, and then railed against their history of poor (non-Heineken dome) dance music acts.

There is no being fair, OSL's electronic lineup consistently sucks. the fact that good dance music isn't represented at SF's premier music festival is a travesty especially in a city that has a really great dance music scene. Like Guedi said, if you look for it you can find places to go see great electronic music every weekend in the city, so OSL really has no excuse for having a shit dance music line-up every goddamn year

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I'm not sure why people care that there isn't good dance music at outside lands. what's the big deal? does every festival have to have a good dance music selection?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I'm not sure why people care that there isn't good dance music at outside lands. what's the big deal? does every festival have to have a good dance music selection?
    Nope. Honestly, the fest is over at 10:00 pm everyday at the latest, so if you want dance music, there are a ton of clubs afterwards.

Also, you can only really see about 30 acts during the whole fest. If you start to have 40 or more bands you want to see there you're going to have some serious conflict issues. If they added a ton of dance acts that everyone wanted to see it would change the complexion of the festival and everyone would be complaining about conflicts and having to step through plur puddles.
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 04-24-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    have to side with Shaker on this one... with dance music seemingly everywhere, its nice to go to a festival and focus primarily on bands. Its a much more relaxed environment at OSL. Outside of minimal overcrowding issues I really love the demographic, and hope they continue to market in the same direction.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I'm not demanding for what I would ever consider a "good" or stellar or impressive dance music card at OSL, it's certainly not necessary for my enjoyment of the other bands and what the festival has to offer, it's that their consistent commitment to atrocity remains puzzling.

They couldn't book Disclosure or even Empire of the Sun?
    This! For the last few years it's seemed like EotS played every festival I didn't attend. I've wanted to see them for so long! Crossing my fingers for TI.

If there was one band I would like to see brought back its EOTS. I know its only been three years, but they dont exactly tour that often, and have a new album. Still a significant gap in their tour schedule and OSL has a few artists still unannounced, but Im not holding out any hope.

fuck it... who am i kidding. Yes I am.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Coachella Junkie

I don't think I want that sort of 'dance' act at OSL. I'd be afraid of the crowd that would show up for the sets. There is always the option to go to a show after the festival.