Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Quote Originally Posted by hurtnandez89 View Post
    Macca added a show on 8/12 in Winnipeg. looks like we can rule out the sunday festival closing spot.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-bl...out-there-tour
    Saturday it is

NIN closing out Sunday would be too perfect. I've wanted to see them live since I was a wee lad.

Though it will most likely be RHCP.
    Last edited by syrrus101; 04-22-2013 at 01:11 PM.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    NIN closing out Sunday would be too perfect. I've wanted to see them live since I was a wee lad.

Though it will most likely be RHCP.
    If RHCP is on sunday, it lets me try and fly home that night. I'd love to save a vacation day.

I would love to see NIN close out OSL but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    If RHCP is on sunday, it lets me try and fly home that night. I'd love to save a vacation day.
    THIS!!! Its a lot different driving home at 6 or 7 than 9 or 10. Would love to spend my monday recovering instead of driving.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by hurtnandez89 View Post
    Macca added a show on 8/12 in Winnipeg. looks like we can rule out the sunday festival closing spot.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-bl...out-there-tour
    Good.

Yeah RHCP would be the best as closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I can't really guide you on Hall and Oates as I only know their greatest hits. With D'Angelo, despite the fact that Voodoo is his magnum opus and one of the best soul/funk albums ever, I highly recommend starting with his debut, Brown Sugar, then listening to Voodoo. It's a better experience hearing how he developed when he had full control of everything going on in his music and a crack band of musicians to perform the songs. He's only got two albums so it's not a big struggle to hear everything. Also, if you can track it down, there is a fantastically well-recorded live bootleg of his set at the Cirkus in Stockholm on August 7, 2000 that will blow your hair back, get you dancing like none other and convince you that his is not a set to miss, even if he were to conflict with Paul McCartney.
    D'Angelo only has two albums? I feel like an idiot for not noticing that. But thanks for the recommendations - will seek out the live set!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I also think it's fairly safe to assume that given the length of a festival performance, Hall and Oates are pretty much just going to play their well known hits.
    Fair, but one thing I love about prepping for festivals is getting beyond the greatest hits with artists like this. I've got four months, and know most of the other artists moderately well. H&O is, aside from a handful of songs, a personal blind spot I intend on correcting.

RHCP closing would be nice. Somehow made a flight to Boston last year after staying the whole night Sunday, but FUCK it was close. would love to get home to SD Sunday Night.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Hey, at least we can all be happy that Metallica isnt closing Sunday night. I grew up on Metallica, it was like, the shit to listen to. But god damn was that a terrible show, if im the only one I'll stfu and gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    Hey, at least we can all be happy that Metallica isnt closing Sunday night. I grew up on Metallica, it was like, the shit to listen to. But god damn was that a terrible show, if im the only one I'll stfu and gtfo.
    i guess this would be relevant if Metallica actually played Sunday?

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    i guess this would be more relevant if Metallica actually played Sunday?
    ftfy

New Growlers vid -

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Reppin' your boys.

I dont talk to Brooks and Matt nearly as much as I used to. After Brian left the band I stopped hanging out around the studio. But itll be cool to see them up in San Fran, those were some of my favorite trips with them. This is one of my favorite songs off the new album.

I had a good time seeing them at the Indy last December, but an even better time at Coachella last year. I like 'em in the festival setting, and maybe it was because they had the daytime show... can't wait to see them in GGP under the sun (okay, sunny skies may be optimistic) with a couple beers in tow!

I don't know much about SF, but I know the city has great restaurants.

What are some good late night spots to hit up after the festival?

Bars?

where are you staying? close to the park? taking the shuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I don't know much about SF, but I know the city has great restaurants.

What are some good late night spots to hit up after the festival?

Bars?
    A place that is not too far from the park is molotovs. Great punk bar that is cheap and always a blast. The bouncer is usually a douche so don't give him a reason to not let you in. Also food late night wonderdog's hot dog place on 18th and irving I think will be open and its gourmet sausages are theeee best

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    where are you staying? close to the park? taking the shuttle?
    I'm staying with my soon to be sister in law in Daly City.

Still not totally sure how we'll be getting there and back each day. We're exploring all of our options right now, but I know we're not driving there.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    A place that is not too far from the park is molotovs. Great punk bar that is cheap and always a blast. The bouncer is usually a douche so don't give him a reason to not let you in. Also food late night wonderdog's hot dog place on 18th and irving I think will be open and its gourmet sausages are theeee best
    Thanks for the suggestions. What about Chinese food? SF is supposed to be famous for it.

If you take the shuttle back to Civic Center, Polk and Sutter (~6 blocks) has lots of bar options. Mark's Bar, Blur, Vertigo, R Bar, Hemlock Tavern, Lush Lounge, Mayes, McTeagues, The Pour House, Playland are all within a few blocks of each other on Polk Street (if you keep heading up Polk you will continue to hit more bars as you go. There is also a late night Crepes place, subpar burrito joint, and a greasy 24 hour Portuguese diner (Grubsteak). The walk from Civic Center to Polk and Sutter is through the Tenderloin which isn't the nicest area but I've made the walk by myself many of times. Cab ride is like $6 and will save your feet after walking all day in the park.

You can also check to see if there is any late night events at Mezzanine, Monarch, or Public Works calendar closer to the festival. Often those stay open past 2am and if lucky, will have some good DJs. Those are all walking distance from Civic Center although also rough around the edges. I would probably take a cab to these as well just to save time and energy.

I think it's in the tenderloin area but last time I was up there a few weeks ago I went to this place called FlyBar and it was pretty cool. But that's not exactly near the park area. The issue with the area near the park a lot of the food places will be closed by the time it ends, but I do think some do extend their hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

For late night chinese food, I'd say go to North Beach (Broadway and Columbus). There are some good options there you can look up that are open until 3am or so. Also lots of bars in that area as well as late night pizza, mexican, and strip clubs. Again this is away from the park and you would take a cab from Civic Center (~$15)

I'm staying with my soon to be sister in law in Daly City.

Still not totally sure how we'll be getting there and back each day. We're exploring all of our options right now, but I know we're not driving there.
    Thanks for the suggestions. What about Chinese food? SF is supposed to be famous for it.
    http://www.newtsingtaorestaurant.com/

I really like this Chinese restaurant, and it's close to Daly City, in west portal. they close early though so you'd have to get it for lunch or the night before the festival

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have some homework to do.

oh damn totally missed Sepa's post where he was staying.

Not familiar with that area so can't really suggest much out that direction.

When does OSL usually release the day by day breakdown of the lineup?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    When does OSL usually release the day by day breakdown of the lineup?
    July-ish. When they decide if they need to do single day tickets in order to get a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniperJones View Post
    ok... well there are some good bars within a 10 minute walk that i have visited and the city in this area, whatever part of town it is, is really live.

the main point i'm trying to make is that the festival is awesome and once it's over you should be able to find a good time without walking too far or straining yourself really at all. shit, grab a 22 from the market across the st. and walk around the city, soak it in.
    I think I get what you're trying to say, but again, don't mislead out-of-towners into thinking you're in some central area nearby everything, and that leaving the festival by foot and wandering around the richmond/sunset district will mean you are walking around the city and soaking the city in. Yeah you can grab a 22 from the market across the street but you're still in the Richmond or Sunset district depending on how you exited the festival. If you come to SF and go directly to OSL and are staying adjacent to the park and only visit places that are within short-to-moderate walking distances of those places, then you're not experiencing the city at all.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen