Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

Tickets have arrived!!! Now I only have to wait 4 months =\

I have (2) Eager Beavers to sell, 'cause my buddy just bailed. Just wanna get back what I paid ($250 each, after convenience fee).

They arrived yesterday. PM me if you're interested.

You've got 4 months. Why don't you just hold on to them and see if some one else wants to go or see if he changes his mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Have you been to this festival? The food amd wine and beer are fucking awesome. SLAYS Coachella in quality and selection.

See this might be your problem. Newcastle on tap.... Or like 30 different microbrews on tap? Not a hard choice.
    Honestly, people who have been to OSL know that this festival is so much more then just the music. If it was only about the music I would have found a way to make it to Lolla or Roo this year. OSL does provide some stellar bands, but its the complete package of food, beer, wine, and music that makes OSL. What other festival am I going to get a microbrewed IPA and then wander over to main stage to watch Paul McCartney?
    Last edited by kfordham; 04-20-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    You've got 4 months. Why don't you just hold on to them and see if some one else wants to go or see if he changes his mind?
    gonna do another fest. just not working out for San Fran for a number of reasons.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    What other festival am I going to get a microbrewed IPA and then wander over to main stage to watch Paul McCartney?
    Bonnaroo
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Bonnaroo
    Cant wait less than two months to go!

So when does the day-by-day line-up get released? I can't remember when they announced it last year.

Also, what comedians do you see playing this year?
    Last edited by sunn-bro; 04-21-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    8/9-11 - Outside Lands 8/24 - Godflesh & Jucifer 9/3 - Loma Prieta 9/6 - Church of Ra 9/28 - Jesu & JK Flesh 10/11 - Carcass 10/27 - At the Gates

they should add rocket juice and the moon (flea, erykah badu & Damon Albarn) and they should add kreashawn and replace kaskade with orbital

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I think he means Fillmore where there are korean restaurants but I wouldn't call it Korea town.

Japan town is more accurate or just Fillmore. Closest thing to a Korea town in the Bay is Sunnyvale

Edit: took bad joke seriously
    There's no Koreatown in Sunnyvale, there is a legitimate and recognized Koreatown in Santa Clara, though. There are a few Kumons in Sunnyvale, though.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Ah yeah, the boarder is Lawrence expressway. It's been less then 2 years since I lived there and I'm already losing my south bay familiarity.

Edit: But I do miss having a korean market nearby

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Bonnaroo
    Right. Good call.

Any recommendations for the national. I have heard people rave about them but never gaven it a listen. Which album should I start with?

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Any recommendations for the national. I have heard people rave about them but never gaven it a listen. Which album should I start with?
    This page, a little past the Nick Cave stuff at the top:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...-thread/page21

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    I was going to give you five songs to try, but it's honestly tough for me to narrow down. You can't go wrong with High Violet, Boxer, or Alligator, their last three albums (I still need to spend some time with the earlier ones), though as is frequently noted, they reward multiple listens. I didn't like Boxer that much the first time I heard it; it's one of my favorite albums now.

I think the quickest individual song to get into is "Bloodbuzz Ohio" (on High Violet) - that's what I play for people if I'm playing it safe/going for broad appeal. "Fake Empire" (on Boxer) and "Mr. November" (Alligator) are both great as well. My personal favorite is probably "Slow Show."

They're also much bigger in concert, I find - I once took a girl to a show of theirs, she liked the band well enough already, but her reaction after seeing them live was: "I get it." - not just why they're so great, but why I love concerts as much as I do at all. They're fantastic live.
    Last edited by braundiggity; 04-22-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks to the both of you! I am going to give the boxer a proper walk around the city listen to today.

My turn on the recommendation requests: I like pretty much everything I've heard from D'Angelo and Hall & Oates, but don't know much. Which album(s) should I start with for those?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastlesFreak View Post
    I'll for sure get a couple 21st Amendment watermelon beers
    THIS

Their watermelon beer is my go-to while disc golfing on a hot day! ARGGG I cant wait!

The more I look at this lineup the more it amazes me!

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

As much as I love 21st Amendment's beers, I find their watermelon beer absolutely horrid haha. Regardless I am so stoked for Beer Lands. I've been three years and never given wine lands a shot as I am not much of a wino but based on what I've seen here I think i'll give it a shot! How does Wine Lands work exactly, is it ticket based and if so what is the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    As much as I love 21st Amendment's beers, I find their watermelon beer absolutely horrid haha. Regardless I am so stoked for Beer Lands. I've been three years and never given wine lands a shot as I am not much of a wino but based on what I've seen here I think i'll give it a shot! How does Wine Lands work exactly, is it ticket based and if so what is the cost?
    it's ticket based, and you have to buy the glass as well. I think tastes were $3 and up, but you could also buy full glasses.

Wine Lands is ticket based. It's $10 for a pack of 10 tickets, and you have to buy a tasting "glass". Depending on the wine it can be 3-5 per taste, and more for a full pour. I love going in early so you can really talk with the wineries and sometimes get very generous pours.

lol, yea, people have a total love/hate relationship with the 21st watermelon beer. I never enjoyed fruit flavored beers before this one though, its just so damn refreshing.

Im not sure how winelands operates, I'm new to it as well. Ill have some extra cash this year to fill my belly with mead/wine, so I too am interested in how this works!

As much as I love 21st Amendment's beers, I find their watermelon beer absolutely horrid haha. Regardless I am so stoked for Beer Lands.
    This. Huge fan of the brewery and their beers, my GF got the watermelon beer on tap at the brewpub, it came garnished with a slice of watermelon. I tasted it, not for me. Tried it again out of a can a couple weeks ago and same result.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Well, hm. I wonder if I should try the fruity beer? I don't really drink, and I'm currently stuck on cider when I do drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    lol, yea, people have a total love/hate relationship with the 21st watermelon beer. I never enjoyed fruit flavored beers before this one though, its just so damn refreshing.

Im not sure how winelands operates, I'm new to it as well. Ill have some extra cash this year to fill my belly with mead/wine, so I too am interested in how this works!
    The watermelon was nice after getting back from a long day at OSL last year, but other then situation like that I can't imagine drinking it.

Winelands you have to purchase tickets which is a dollar a ticket, however they only come packs of twenty I think, maybe ten also. You also have to purchase the cup which was three dollars I think. Prices varied depending on the winery but tastes were three-five tickets. However I found most of the ones gave a generous pour. For instance I got a taste of one of the wines on tap they had and they seriously filled up half the cup. A full pour is from 7-10 tickets. My advice is since they only do tickets in batches try and even out the tickets so you don't have any left over i.e. a three ticket taste and a 7 ticket full pour or two three ticket taste and one four ticket taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Well, hm. I wonder if I should try the fruity beer? I don't really drink, and I'm currently stuck on cider when I do drink.
    You should Amy, the watermelon beer is a lot like drinking the juice straight from a watermelon with a tiny bit of wheat aftertaste. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    The watermelon was nice after getting back from a long day at OSL last year, but other then situation like that I can't imagine drinking it.

Winelands you have to purchase tickets which is a dollar a ticket, however they only come packs of twenty I think, maybe ten also. You also have to purchase the cup which was three dollars I think. Prices varied depending on the winery but tastes were three-five tickets. However I found most of the ones gave a generous pour. For instance I got a taste of one of the wines on tap they had and they seriously filled up half the cup. A full pour is from 7-10 tickets. My advice is since they only do tickets in batches try and even out the tickets so you don't have any left over i.e. a three ticket taste and a 7 ticket full pour or two three ticket taste and one four ticket taste.
    Great advice! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    My turn on the recommendation requests: I like pretty much everything I've heard from D'Angelo and Hall & Oates, but don't know much. Which album(s) should I start with for those?
    I can't really guide you on Hall and Oates as I only know their greatest hits. With D'Angelo, despite the fact that Voodoo is his magnum opus and one of the best soul/funk albums ever, I highly recommend starting with his debut, Brown Sugar, then listening to Voodoo. It's a better experience hearing how he developed when he had full control of everything going on in his music and a crack band of musicians to perform the songs. He's only got two albums so it's not a big struggle to hear everything. Also, if you can track it down, there is a fantastically well-recorded live bootleg of his set at the Cirkus in Stockholm on August 7, 2000 that will blow your hair back, get you dancing like none other and convince you that his is not a set to miss, even if he were to conflict with Paul McCartney.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I also think it's fairly safe to assume that given the length of a festival performance, Hall and Oates are pretty much just going to play their well known hits.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Macca added a show on 8/12 in Winnipeg. looks like we can rule out the sunday festival closing spot.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-bl...out-there-tour

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    if he were to conflict with Paul McCartney.
    Ouch. Hope that doesn't happen, but I'd choose D'Angelo.