Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

  1. #271
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    Paul McCartney.
    Presuming that Bonnaroo don't have US exclusivity clause or OSL have an extra $4mil kicking around.

  2. #272
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,885

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Presuming that Bonnaroo don't have US exclusivity clause or OSL have an extra $4mil kicking around.
    fests are run by the same company. why would the promoters cheat themselves out of a tow-fer, and at an inflated price on top of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  3. #273
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    My sources are telling me the mumfords/green day/Springsteen

  4. #274
    Lurker 11WIZARD11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LONG BEACH
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    My sources are telling me the mumfords/green day/Springsteen
    aghhh really? they can do better than that.

  5. #275

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    My sources are telling me the mumfords/green day/Springsteen

  6. #276
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Some of you are severely retarded. Bjork is a headliner on this planet.

    AC will not be there.

  7. #277
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    APE just announced Dave Matthews in Tahoe on 9/4. First repeat headliner?

  8. #278
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    APE just announced Dave Matthews in Tahoe on 9/4. First repeat headliner?
    what would that have to do with them playing Aug 9-11th??? not to mention they end the tour at Shoreline. they aren't playing this year.

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  9. #279
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    what would that have to do with them playing Aug 9-11th??? not to mention they end the tour at Shoreline. they aren't playing this year.
    My bad. Long weekend killed my brain.

  10. #280
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Edward Sharpe announced they're playing the Hollywood Bowl August 4th. OSL seems likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  11. #281
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,150

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Why is Paul so likely to play OSL this year?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

  12. #282
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Because he is headlining Bonnaroo, which is ran by Superfly, who happens to co run OSL with APE. That and someone said that someone else on inforoo put his online reputation on the line by saying Paul will play two Superfly fests this year. Therefore he is confirmed as a headliner.

    Honestly though it would be cool if Paul was there and I would watch him, but after seeing him a few times already I'm hoping for another old time act I have never seen. I would much rather prefer The Boss or Billy Joel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  13. #283
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Because he is headlining Bonnaroo, which is ran by Superfly, who happens to co run OSL with APE. That and someone said that someone else on inforoo put his online reputation on the line by saying Paul will play two Superfly fests this year. Therefore he is confirmed as a headliner.

    Honestly though it would be cool if Paul was there and I would watch him, but after seeing him a few times already I'm hoping for another old time act I have never seen. I would much rather prefer The Boss or Billy Joel.
    I don't think OSL have the budget to get Paul. He's at least 3 million more than any previous headliner.

    Bruce would be 3rd time through the bay area in 14 months. Neither arena show sold out.

    Billy Joel is doing New Orleans and a show in Australia. That seems to be it.

  14. #284

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I don't think OSL have the budget to get Paul. He's at least 3 million more than any previous headliner.

    Bruce would be 3rd time through the bay area in 14 months. Neither arena show sold out.

    Billy Joel is doing New Orleans and a show in Australia. That seems to be it.
    They are selling 10,000 more tickets this year, so they will have more money for headliners. Also they might have gotten Paul a little cheaper as part of a package deal with Bonnaroo. And they might be making up some of the difference with Mumford or other cheaper headliners. They said they have had the main headliner locked in for over a year now so Paul seems very likely.

  15. #285

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Petty is showing up on a lot of lineups. No bay area dates so far. Any thoughts on him headlining (i know he is a repeat)?

  16. #286
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I don't think OSL have the budget to get Paul. He's at least 3 million more than any previous headliner.

    Bruce would be 3rd time through the bay area in 14 months. Neither arena show sold out.

    Billy Joel is doing New Orleans and a show in Australia. That seems to be it.
    OK I really get the Bumblebee annoyance thing now. It's not possible for me or anyone else to just say what they would like to see without you coming in and "dropping knowledge" and telling them otherwise.

    Also it's possible that after Macca did the coachella performance he might have thought "O shit I like going to these things and playing at I'm going to do it for less." Granted less money for him would still be a lot more then anyone else but 2-3 million looks a lot better then 4-5 million. And it's not exactly like he is strapped for cash so who knows what he is really paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  17. #287
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    OK I really get the Bumblebee annoyance thing now. It's not possible for me or anyone else to just say what they would like to see without you coming in and "dropping knowledge" and telling them otherwise.

    Also it's possible that after Macca did the coachella performance he might have thought "O shit I like going to these things and playing at I'm going to do it for less." Granted less money for him would still be a lot more then anyone else but 2-3 million looks a lot better then 4-5 million. And it's not exactly like he is strapped for cash so who knows what he is really paid.
    Macca only seems to do one full concert festival every 2 years. I've seen about 4 posts stating Macca at OSL as all but confirmed after the 'Roo announcement despite 4 factors making it highly unlikely.

    How do you "sell" a Macca festival appearance in the bay area for those that saw his 2 shows in 2011?

    McCartney chooses to keep his guarantee very high and be very selective. You can see the billboard box scores stats for yourself.

  18. #288
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    How do you "sell" a Macca festival appearance in the bay area for those that saw his 2 shows in 2011?
    Now I originally said I didn't think he was going to be there and I still don't even after Bonnaroo announcement but I still have an answer for you. To simply put it, because he is Paul fucking McCartney. So you don't think because he played two years ago that everyone who was at the show doesn't want to see him anymore? Also have to factor in the people that wouldn't pay for a solo show of his but would happily for a festival ticket. This isn't RHCP or anyone else, this Macca for crying out loud. As you said yourself he is very selective when he plays, and the fact that he is 70 and a Beatle and who knows how much longer he has left means people are going to go no matter how recently they just saw him. His name sells himself for crying out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  19. #289
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Macca only seems to do one full concert festival every 2 years. .......How do you "sell" a Macca festival appearance in the bay area for those that saw his 2 shows in 2011?
    You're a special kind of moron aren't ya?

  20. #290
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Why yes, I'm starting to believe he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  21. #291
    Member nick5745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,123

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    RHCP are headlining

  22. #292
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    RHCP are headlining
    no way

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  23. #293
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,192

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    town bicycle.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

  24. #294
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Now I originally said I didn't think he was going to be there and I still don't even after Bonnaroo announcement but I still have an answer for you. To simply put it, because he is Paul fucking McCartney. So you don't think because he played two years ago that everyone who was at the show doesn't want to see him anymore? Also have to factor in the people that wouldn't pay for a solo show of his but would happily for a festival ticket. This isn't RHCP or anyone else, this Macca for crying out loud. As you said yourself he is very selective when he plays, and the fact that he is 70 and a Beatle and who knows how much longer he has left means people are going to go no matter how recently they just saw him. His name sells himself for crying out loud.
    In July 2010 Paul sold 40,000 tickets for a gross of $4.7m. Plus Coachella 2009.

    For that kind of money they could find several major acts that haven't played to the OSL demographic in awhile. Plus Bonnaroo/Coachella in a way payed for international media bragging rights, bragging rights OSL wouldn't be able to reap in 2013.

  25. #295

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    who cares it would still be cool as shit seeing paul in golden gate park just stop

  26. #296
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,444

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    In July 2010 Paul sold 40,000 tickets for a gross of $4.7m. Plus Coachella 2009.

    For that kind of money they could find several major acts that haven't played to the OSL demographic in awhile. Plus Bonnaroo/Coachella in a way payed for international media bragging rights, bragging rights OSL wouldn't be able to reap in 2013.
    So because he made 4.7 million in ticket sales that is automatically what he is going to charge to play a festival? If all he cared about was making money then why doesn't he do full tours and hit up ever major area every year? Why would he even bother to ever play Coachella, Bonnaroo or some of the other European fest he has in the past if money was his soul driving factor? Not to mention he last played the bay area three years ago so how come that doesn't count as awhile?

    I know you think you are right with your stats and numbers but this Paul McCartney we are talking about so you are wrong. OSL would be crazy not to book him if he wants to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  27. #297
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,759

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Why would he even bother to ever play Coachella, Bonnaroo or some of the other European fest he has in the past if money was his soul driving factor?
    Money drives my soul wild.

  28. #298
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,192

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So because he made 4.7 million in ticket sales that is automatically what he is going to charge to play a festival? If all he cared about was making money then why doesn't he do full tours and hit up ever major area every year? Why would he even bother to ever play Coachella, Bonnaroo or some of the other European fest he has in the past if money was his soul driving factor? Not to mention he last played the bay area three years ago so how come that doesn't count as awhile?

    I know you think you are right with your stats and numbers but this Paul McCartney we are talking about so you are wrong. OSL would be crazy not to book him if he wants to play it.
    you're falling into bumblebee's trap. she'll never get it no matter how much you argue with her.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

  29. #299
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,785

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    you're falling into bumblebee's trap. she'll never get it no matter how much you argue with her.
    Are you being serious? Bumblebee is a woman?

  30. #300
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,196

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    this is true. her vagina bleeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Similar Threads

  1. Outside Lands DJ Mix
    By indecipherable in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
  2. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  3. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. Outside Lands Festival!!!!
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •