Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 3225

Thread: Outside Lands 2013

  1. #241
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    You know its serious when the post ends in "Cheers!"

  2. #242

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I believe it. Paul McCartney would be a perfect headliner for a San Francisco fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  3. #243
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    I believe it. Paul McCartney would be a perfect headliner for a San Francisco fest.
    agreed!

  4. #244
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    fuck yes

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  5. #245

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    I hate to sound cynical, but if the biggest festivals have to dig way back to performers like Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello, what does that say about the state of music today? I watch Woodstock and some of the old Loolapaloozas and tears well up in my eyes. There's great music out there, but what happened to big time performers who aren't hip hop or pop performers?
    This isn't a result of music getting worse. This is a result of the internet. Now smaller bands can become known easier, and as a result what people listen to is more spread out.

  6. #246

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I'm a long time Lollapalooza goer. Seen em all since 2005. This year Im skipping it to check out OSL instead. Just starting to do some band research now and begin my guessing game when it comes to bands. Does anyone know if OSL has the same type of radius clause that Lolla uses? For anyone that isn't familiar with this, its a clause where bands can not play within so many miles of Chicago 90 days before Lolla and 60 days after. Im not sure of the exact radius, but I know it pretty much covers all of Illinois and a lot of Wisconsin including Milwaukee.

    For example, Im wondering if a band playing Oakland, Sacramento, or LA in June, eliminates them from playing OSL in August.

  7. #247
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Oakland is without a doubt included in any radius clause APE has. Sacramento is more than likely included as well but LA is definitely not. You can use LA show dates around the time OSL is to make a guess as to who might be playing, e.g. the Willie Nelson guess from earlier in this thread.

  8. #248
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman110 View Post
    I'm a long time Lollapalooza goer. Seen em all since 2005. This year Im skipping it to check out OSL instead. Just starting to do some band research now and begin my guessing game when it comes to bands. Does anyone know if OSL has the same type of radius clause that Lolla uses? For anyone that isn't familiar with this, its a clause where bands can not play within so many miles of Chicago 90 days before Lolla and 60 days after. Im not sure of the exact radius, but I know it pretty much covers all of Illinois and a lot of Wisconsin including Milwaukee.

    For example, Im wondering if a band playing Oakland, Sacramento, or LA in June, eliminates them from playing OSL in August.

    You understand Oakland is 10 MILES from San Francisco, right? Radius clause for Lolla extends to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota. And theirs is about 6 months before and then maybe 90 days after.
    Unless you do an aftershow of course. So yes, we know what youre talking about because theres a few dozen threads on this board regarding it.

  9. #249

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You understand Oakland is 10 MILES from San Francisco, right? Radius clause for Lolla extends to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota. And theirs is about 6 months before and then maybe 90 days after.
    Unless you do an aftershow of course. So yes, we know what youre talking about because theres a few dozen threads on this board regarding it.
    You're so impressive.

  10. #250
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You understand Oakland is 10 MILES from San Francisco, right? Radius clause for Lolla extends to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota. And theirs is about 6 months before and then maybe 90 days after.
    Unless you do an aftershow of course. So yes, we know what youre talking about because theres a few dozen threads on this board regarding it.
    Or if you are the RHCP or countless other bands who play shows in Chicago in under six months before the festival. You really are slacking on your research these days.

  11. #251
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Sound City Players seems like a possibility for Outside lands. Grohl and his old buddies from Nirvana, Macca, Neil Young and others. Stevie Nicks and Rick Springfield will show up. Feetwood Macs tour ends in early July and they don't play S.F. just Sacramento.

  12. #252

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    could totally see fleetwood mac there. perfect fit.

  13. #253
    Member citizenerased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    2,490

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Neil Young/Stevie Wonder one year and Paul McCartney/Fleetwood Mac the next would be pretty awesome.

  14. #254
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    could totally see fleetwood mac there. perfect fit.
    Id love to see Fleetwood Mac at OSL, but I doubt it with their HP Pavillion show in May. But I still can see Stevie Nicks playing with the Sound City Players.

  15. #255

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I could see Soundgarden playing the Foo Fighters spot from last year. I thought it was a bit odd that San Francisco was listed as one of the cities they would be playing on their 2013 tour, but then, when they announced the dates, it was listed as an Oakland show.

    Pearl Jam also seems to make sense. I was lucky enough to get Wrigley Field tickets. In my confirmation email it said that PJ would be announcing a North American summer/fall tour in the coming months. Maybe after certain festivals lineups are announced...

  16. #256
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,441

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman110 View Post
    I could see Soundgarden playing the Foo Fighters spot from last year. I thought it was a bit odd that San Francisco was listed as one of the cities they would be playing on their 2013 tour, but then, when they announced the dates, it was listed as an Oakland show.

    Pearl Jam also seems to make sense. I was lucky enough to get Wrigley Field tickets. In my confirmation email it said that PJ would be announcing a North American summer/fall tour in the coming months. Maybe after certain festivals lineups are announced...
    Well Soundgarden could have originally planned on playing San Francisco but then couldn't come to an agreement with a venue there so they made the switch to Oakland. Pearl Jam would be great except the fact that they played in 09 and it's still to early for this festival to be repeating headliner IMO. In it's 6th year it shouldn't have to recycle headliners already, especially is last years switch away from a jam band headliner continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  17. #257
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Tweet from OSL about bonnaroo lineup tomorrow "ranger dave is loving #BLAM coming tomorrow."

  18. #258
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    The Postal Service playing Berkely in July. Look like no OSL

    another planet ‏@apeconcerts
    the postal service have officially confirmed a bay area date friday, july 26th @GreekBerkeley with presale tickets available thursday.

  19. #259

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Belle and Sebastian tour was posted with no west coast dates ending in Chicago on 7/20. I could see them at OSL.

  20. #260
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtnandez89 View Post
    Tweet from OSL about bonnaroo lineup tomorrow "ranger dave is loving #BLAM coming tomorrow."
    Given the Superfly connection this isn't surprising.

  21. #261

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Boonaroo got Kendrick, Big KRIT, and R. Kelly. 3 artists I would be very happy to see at OSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  22. #262
    Member Tikiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but here
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    The Prodigy is touring over seas. Would be awesome if they could get them to come over here and perform too.

  23. #263

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    So from the top of the Roo line-up, I feel like we are going to get Macca, Mumford, and Bjork (twin peaks headliner).

  24. #264
    Member hurtnandez89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    So from the top of the Roo line-up, I feel like we are going to get Macca, Mumford, and Bjork (twin peaks headliner).
    Bjork on twin peaks sounds pretty sweet

  25. #265

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Main Stage Headliners:
    Mumford & Sons
    Phoenix or Fleetwood Mac
    Paul McCartney

    Twin Peaks Headliners:
    Animal Collective or The XX
    Bjork
    Pretty Lights

    Yeah? I could live with that.
    Last edited by The_Den; 02-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.

  26. #266

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Macca will defiantly be there this year.
    The Faint/Reptar 6/05
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra 6/06
    Make Music Pasadena
    Jack White/Mr Little Jeans 6/10
    Jack White 6/12
    Touche Amore/DADS 6/27
    Mac DeMarco 7/11
    Arctic Monkeys/Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 8/7
    FYF FEST
    Fun Fun Fun Fest
    Coachella 2015 w1

  27. #267

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    Main Stage Headliners:
    Mumford & Sons
    Phoenix or Fleetwood Mac
    Paul McCartney

    Twin Peaks Headliners:
    Animal Collective or The XX
    Bjork
    Pretty Lights

    Yeah? I could live with that.
    Pheonix really a headliner?

    Not sure about Fleetwood, playing San Jose in May.

  28. #268
    Member Corona89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    I'd really like to go back, last year was a blast. Just an expensive weekend.

  29. #269
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,189

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    Pheonix really a headliner?

    Not sure about Fleetwood, playing San Jose in May.
    Phoenix are the new black keys. expect to see them everywhere.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

  30. #270

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffreyB View Post
    Macca will defiantly be there this year.
    Whether they want him to or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Outside Lands DJ Mix
    By indecipherable in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
  2. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  3. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  5. Outside Lands Festival!!!!
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •