Thread: Excursions

Default Excursions

Is anyone planning to do any excursions? I'm going to the Bahamas and I'm thinking about snorkeling, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get up in time and might be feeling too lazy. I see 2 different things where you just hang out on a beach. I wonder if there is a free beach, or if you have to pay?

Default Re: Excursions

The wife and I are planning on doing something, but it looks like 80% of the excursions are dolphins and/or Atlantis. We're leaning toward the sea lion encounter or whatever it's called.

I'm not going but I can tell you that I've been snorkeling in the Bahamas and I would skip it. It was like snorkeling in a watery desert. I guess the reefs have all been bleached out by the tourists or something. I was incredibly disappointed in the condition of the reef and it didn't compare at all to snorkeling in the bays in Hawaii.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

ITS A EXCRUSION TO GET CHICKLETS AND DRUGS OR GTFO.Then in the early morning we going have a chicklet party.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

We are opting for no excursions in Nassau. I agree, it looks like they are pushing Atlantis. We were there in March on a cruise and did a snorkel excursion and the boat took us a ways out and snorkeling was decent, not the best, but I would not go again. We are just getting off the ship, buying some coconut rum, and getting back on. I think there was a beach you could walk to but nothing special. You might be able to take your own taxi to another beach to hang out.

Just rent some damn scooters and cruise around the island. So much fun and no stress at all as long as you remember to drive on the wrong side of the road. We found the rad cave by the side of the road that was full of bats. Also, don't buy drugs there, you will most likely walk away with a baggie of torn up napkins like some kids on our cruise there did years ago. And what are you going to do if you get ripped off? Complain to someone? Also, there is a toll bridge at one point. Grab your token, but make sure you go one at a time. The gate coming down on your head, even with a helmet on, hurts like a motherfucker.

One other tip: look out for the asshole kids ripping off tourists as you walk along the gangway to shore. They will put some lame Puka shell bracelet on your wrist and ask for a couple dollars. Watch what happens if you give them a 20 and ask for change. Fuckholes. And once again, who are you going to complain to?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 11-25-2012 at 10:45 AM.

old school

^ Yeah... well thats not as bad as the thieving shartgarglers that run the food stands at Coachella. Hand em a $100 and they keep ten or $20 (or more) of your change hoping you wont notice.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

DANG THEM GONE DARN SHARTGARGLERS
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

old school

Yeah I'm busted.. you caught me quoting Squidbillies...
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

I wouldn't even purchase on-board excursion packages. Just go wonder around, ask the locals where you can go do the things you are interested in doing. You now have the liberty to barter your own excursion price or be raped and murdered. It's a win-win situation. Seriously though, the excursions are usually a bust unless you are in a large group. That is the only time I have ever gotten into trouble is when you expect smaller mom & pops to support a huge influx of people at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Me: Dad these Excursion look fucking Stupid .
    Dad:Yeah what the fuck are you talking about all I want to do is get Loaded.
    me:
    Translation

Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14

Last.fm

I have to admit, I abandoned the idea of going on an excursion real quick when it said the Snowball Pub Crawl was on the Port day.

I've been holding out booking anything because I was curious as to whether or not there would be any performances on the beach in the Bahamas. They did this for Jam cruise when I went last year, and I didn't go on holy ship but I know they also did. Now I'm hearing a rumor that there may be a dj playing on the beach in Nassau for this cruise. I guess we will get that information once they finally release the set schedule.

we are not planning any performances off the ship
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

stay on the boat

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Ah, so that's why El Salvadoreans are the most hated of all Spanish-speaking people.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo