Thread: Question to Indio area residents or people who know anything about the Polo Fields

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Question to Indio area residents or people who know anything about the Polo Fields

A friend wants to drive out to the polo fields on Sunday to take some pictures of the grounds. The idea is to put together a photo exhibit showing what the place looks like normally and then juxtapose it with the magical surroundings Goldenvoice erects for us, a passion project in praise of Coachella.

My question to anybody who lives out there or even better knows anything about the operation of the Polo Fields in general: what are the chances that we'll drive out there (my friend needs sheparding as they have actually never attended but have heard me talk about it and seen the pictures and want to do this thing now) and there will end up being some polo match or other event going on that will make it impossible for us to walk around and take pictures? I've checked their site, they don't list any upcoming events or anything. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Default Re: Question to Indio area residents or people who know anything about the Polo Field

My girlfriend and I made a stop at the polo fields on our way back from vacation. We drove down 51st and stopped at the end of lot 10 and walked around. Then we drove around and parked on top of where the mainstage would be. We walked over to the polo sign and didn't see a single person the entire time we were out there.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Question to Indio area residents or people who know anything about the Polo Field

Oh wow, so you can park back there? I was hoping someone would be able to inform me on the closest place to park so we don't have to tromp all the way across the fucking place to get to the middle of the fields. So you're saying take what, like Monroe down to 51 and turn towards the fields and then there's parking around there?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Park over by the Tack Room. It should be easy to walk around.

ya it's pretty different there when there is no festival. there are no gates, fences, etc.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I walked the polo fields with my GF on New Years day last year, right after having a few drinks at the tack room. The people there are pretty cool with others just walking around. here are a few photos...

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

One more from the road...

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio