Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amsterdam

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Amsterdam

I went to Amsterdam this summer and it was quite nice. I must say I love how relaxed the laws are and how the legislature or whatever they have over there leaves so much wiggle room. For instance, mushrooms were banned last fall BUT they were still avialable for purchase in July because shop owners were told they can sell their remaining stock. The fun part is, there is no one checking how much they have and regulating when they get more supply so it just keeps going.

Now the big news over the last week is that the government is stepping up it's program to make the city center and redlight a bit more accomidating to travelers, historians, and those who want to live and reside in the city center rather than have it remain a smut and drug capital. They don't want to outlaw it completely so they are simply reducing the number of marijauna shops and brothels.

The best part about this new plan is that they don't expect it to be in full swing until 2018. TEN YEARS. I didn't see many of the news items I read address this issue so I was disapointed at first but now realize they will never make it all illegal.

The weed law is one big loophole in itself. It's legal to sell it and possess it in less than 5 gram quantities however, you are not allowed to grow or cultivate it. So those who sell to the shops are doing so illegally though they don't go after growers generally. It's just in the books as illegal.

I can't wait to go back.

Default Re: Amsterdam

Br0

TOTALLY !
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

fuck windmills

theres enough dispensaries in oakland and enough hookers to keep me out of there for awhile
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

I bet it sucks that the only way you can get laid is by going to brothels in Amsterdam.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I bet it sucks that you couldn't come up with anything funnier than that lame ass comment.

Sad.

I wasn't being funny. I really do feel bad that you have to travel all the way to amsterdam to get laid. Sorry for being empathic.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I want to go...
    Dont they have really good mdma too?

I don't understand why the Dutch refuse to continue to govern their country to suit the needs of a bunch of lascivious American stoners.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

i wanted to go....when i was like 18.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I wasn't being funny.
    I know, that was my point yet you went for it twice.

you're missing the point. done.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I don't understand why the Dutch refuse to continue to govern their country to suit the needs of a bunch of lascivious American stoners.
    They're just smoking to much of their own product to remember what laws they have passed.

whiney pain in butt

Paris. is WAAAAAY... way better.

Give us some highlites.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    Paris. is WAAAAAY... way better.
    God, I hate Paris.

Rome >London>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paris
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    They're just smoking to much of their own product to remember what laws they have passed.
    it's the tourists who smoke. hardly anyone we met who lives there partakes in smoking the weed.

funny, I would go the other way. Paris > London > Rome. I like Paris a lot, though it has nothing to do with drugs or whores.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

stab

The art and architecture was really cool and i enjoyed that. But I got a horrible vibe from the people. Everyone seemed really rude and gave off a horrible impression. I loved Italy for the great art and everyone was really cool and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    it's the tourists who smoke. hardly anyone we met who lives there partakes in smoking the weed.
    Yes, most people don't and some do just like in the countries where it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    The art and architecture was really cool and i enjoyed that. But I got a horrible vibe from the people. Everyone seemed really rude and gave off a horrible impression. I loved Italy for the great art and everyone was really cool and helpful.

did you go to florence? where the men whip out their dicks and start jerking off when the see a beautiful woman? yeah, my sis has a few stories...

yeah, SF is crazy like that.

Interesting. I find the French to be very friendly. yes there are assholes in Paris but there are assholes everywhere. Paris is one of those rare cities where (in my experience) people you meet here and there.. waiters, bartenders, etc.. will actually attempt to engage you in conversation deeper than "Hi My Name Is Alex I'll Be Your Server Today May I Suggest You Start Off Your Meal With Some Potato Skins Or Our All New Jalepeno Poppers" and actually seem to mean it.

The thing about the French, and Parisians in particular, is they are very sensitive to certain rules of behavior and not following those rules really creeps them out. Much like not respecting personal space would really creep out an American. If you go into a store and don't say hello to the guy behind the counter. If you stop someone on the street to ask for directions and don't bother to say excuse me, please, and thank you. If you just launch into a conversation with someone in English and don't bother to at least learn "excusez-moi, parlez vous anglais?". That sort of shit drives the French right up a tree.. I mean seriously in their mind that sort of thing is more egregious than cutting in line or something. Drives them batty.

Not saying this is you, of course, but from what I've seen, many Americans get a bad impression of the French by watching the French react to what they consider to be horrifying breaches of civilized conduct.

whats the name of the park in Paris that is full of hookers n drugz ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

did you go to florence? where the men whip out their dicks and start jerking off when the see a beautiful woman? yeah, my sis has a few stories...
    I loved Florance. I never saw anything like that over there though.

Interesting. I find the French to be very friendly. yes there are assholes in Paris but there are assholes everywhere. Paris is one of those rare cities where (in my experience) people you meet here and there.. waiters, bartenders, etc.. will actually attempt to engage you in conversation deeper than "Hi My Name Is Alex I'll Be Your Server Today May I Suggest You Start Off Your Meal With Some Potato Skins Or Our All New Jalepeno Poppers" and actually seem to mean it.

The thing about the French, and Parisians in particular, is they are very sensitive to certain rules of behavior and not following those rules really creeps them out. Much like not respecting personal space would really creep out an American. If you go into a store and don't say hello to the guy behind the counter. If you stop someone on the street to ask for directions and don't bother to say excuse me, please, and thank you. If you just launch into a conversation with someone in English and don't bother to at least learn "excusez-moi, parlez vous anglais?". That sort of shit drives the French right up a tree.. I mean seriously in their mind that sort of thing is more egregious than cutting in line or something. Drives them batty.

Not saying this is you, of course, but from what I've seen, many Americans get a bad impression of the French by watching the French react to what they consider to be horrifying breaches of civilized conduct.

Interesting, I tried to speak in french, very poorly, and was polite. Maybe not enough I was 16 at the time so who knows anymore. I don't think I said hi to the shop keeps or stuff like that though. I would give the city another chance someday but there are so many other places i want to travel to that I have never been to before. I had a number of people in France come up to me thinking i was British, so that may have something to do with it too.
    Last edited by Blinken; 12-08-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

wow, i don't feel so bad about not going to see portishead there while i was in st. moritz then, lol.

made me think of this picture though, one of my favourites:

and i've really never had a desire to go to amsterdam. i'd definitely go and i'm sure it's fun, but even when i was way into drugs, it just didn't seem all that great. i've never needed to buy sex though
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm not way into drugs but it was great. It's such a social city with a lot more to do than just smoke pot. Good beer and lots of interesting history. Museums, art and of course bike riding! My favorite was the giant check board near one of the town squares.

I did more drugs at coachella than I did in amsterdam. Unfortunately I had the same amount of sex at both.

whiney pain in butt

God, I hate Paris.

Rome >London>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paris
    Lol. well i have family there and speaking french really helps me. i visit as often as possible.

London on the other hand, smells bad, is WAY overpriced and overcrowded.. terrible food, terrible weather...

Rome is beautiful though.

speaking english really helps me in London.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

fuck the london haters, it's awesome!

minus their distate for good food and ice though. other than that, i freaking loved london.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.