Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch 2013

Default Re: Sasquatch 2013

Lineup is fine, but it's laughable to say that it better or even as good as Coachella this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Sigur Ros at the Gorge is going to be incredible.
    If they turn the volume up, so you can actually hear the music from a vantage point that allows you to enjoy the view, then it would be out of this world brilliant.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Lineup is fine, but it's laughable to say that it better or even as good as Coachella this year.
    If you like to be bored, it's perfect. Major step down from last year. I have a feeling the "who are the stone roses?" crowd is down with macklemore.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Seattles finest musical offering is what that shit is. Its even worse that Macklemore is a headliner. I will not be suprised if Lolla has em billed super high, cause that audience jizzes over this kind of shit.
    they played lolla last year. my 17 yo cousin was gushing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Sigur Ros at the Gorge is going to be incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    If they turn the volume up, so you can actually hear the music from a vantage point that allows you to enjoy the view, then it would be out of this world brilliant.
    Exactly. Also, you can't see anything at night really so the beauty of the Gorge won't really be seen if they are playing a headlining set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Surfer Blood?

I thought that band was done when the lead singer was arrested for beating the shit out of his girlfriend.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

My own personal taste likes Sasquatch's lineup better but Coachella still has a better lineup due to all the rare gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

WOW! What an awful lineup! oh my goodness I feel bad for the people that have been waiting for this lineup to drop. what a disappointment. And i thought Coachellas headliners were lackluster. WooooooF!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore

I am jealous they got John Talabot and Holy Ghost!

If this lineup didn't have Mumford and Sons, and Macklemore on top, this lineup would look a lot prettier. If it had Bjork, and lets say YYY's to replace those two, this lineup would be over the top awesome. Remember guys, rare gets don't mean shit if you don't know the bands(For the record my number 1 for Coachella is Blur, only reason I'm not bailing on Coachella actually, as i've seen most of the bands I like before). Only thing rare about Coachella is Grinderman, Nick Cave, Blur and Stone Roses, now what would you guys have to say if those four announced tours around Coachella? or after Coachella is over? Again, this "rare" factor you all speak of is something you tell to yourself at this point. There are no more rare gets, when they all tour. Best we can all hope for now is a solid, well rounded lineup, which I feel both Sasquatch(excluding Mumford and Macklemore), and Coachella are providing.

if coachella is not #rare, everything is a fail.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    if coachella is not #rare, everything is a fail.
    Yeah, because that is totally what I'm saying. #TROLL ATTEMPT IS OBVIOUSLY TROLLING.

Plenty of other rare acts that you didn't list. The Violent Femmes, HTDA first show, Sparks, Bat For Lashes, The Three O'clock, Rodriguez, Dead Can Dance, Lou Reed and I could go on.

You forgot about Lou Reed, How to Destroy Angels and Violent Femmes on the "rareness" list.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You forgot about Lou Reed, How to Destroy Angels and Violent Femmes on the "rareness" list.
    Lou Reed has toured, Rodriguez toured last year in September, Bat for Lashes has a full tour, Sparks is announcing a full tour, didn't Dead Can Dance have a 2012 tour? menik help out on this one. Also Violent Femmes were playing fucking fairs in 07-09. I remember seeing them in SD at the race track. So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Yeah, because that is totally what I'm saying. #TROLL ATTEMPT IS OBVIOUSLY TROLLING.
    that was a stream of consciousness post.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    that was a stream of consciousness post.
    #Word

Lou Reed hasn't played a North American show since 2009 and Bat For Lashes is just doing a west coast tour so she is a rare get for those of us who don't live out west.

A lot of my friends up here are freaking out over this line up. Yet, when the Coachella line up was announced 90% of them didn't make a peep, or said they straight up were not interested. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Lou Reed hasn't played a North American show since 2009 and Bat For Lashes is just doing a west coast tour so she is a rare get for those of us who don't live out west.
    That is about 3-4 years ago, which isn't that long. Bat For Lashes did a full scale tour in 09, and I'm sure later this year it'll be the same. Look i'm not saying Sasquatch has a better lineup than Coachella(because it doesn't). What i'm saying is you can't discredit a great lineup because it lacks "rare gets"(excluding Mumford and Macklemore, I can't stress this point enough). The argument that you've seen it all before is more on us, because of how many shows we attend. Is it Coachella's fault that i've seen over 75 of the acts playing this year? no, it's on me because I go to abot 7-8 shows a month, if not more.

Excluding Mumford and Macklemore, the other four top-billed acts at Sasquatch are subbing at Coachella, this year. That probably explains a lot of the "meh" reaction from a Coachella-centric board.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Exactly. Also, you can't see anything at night really so the beauty of the Gorge won't really be seen if they are playing a headlining set.
    i cant tell if you are trolling or just have never been to the gorge. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Bat for Lashes has a full tour.
    Two festivals and four city shows, two of which clash with the festivals in question hardly constitute a full tour. Even if she does come back around, she hasn't toured since 2009.

Rareness aside, comparing this lineup to Coachella's is hilarious. Last year's had zero rarities and a couple dodgy headliners, but still had quality bookings from top to bottom. This year's has less than half as many acts as last year's or Coachella that I would consider watching.

I don't know what the fuck has been up with the sound at the Gorge the past couple of Sasquatches. In 2010 I was about midway up the hill during Massive Attack and the sound levels were absolutely perfect in every way. Then this past summer at Paradiso the sound was the absolute loudest I have ever heard it there. For whatever reason though, the sound during Sasquatch 11/12 has been embarrassingly quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Rareness aside, comparing this lineup to Coachella's is hilarious. Last year's had zero rarities and a couple dodgy headliners, but still had quality bookings from top to bottom. This year's has less than half as many acts as last year's or Coachella that I would consider watching.
    Comparing Sasquatch to Coachella isn't fair at all, and anyone who makes the comparison is an ignorant fucking jackass. The only way Sasquatch will ever compete with Coachella is if they decide to take the festival elsewhere, and that won't be happening any time soon. The attendance cap and location will never allow Sasquatch to grow to the size and stature of Coachella. Pretty fucking simple. Sasquatch is an amazing regional festival. Coachella is an amazing worldwide-recognized festival. End of story.

^Pretty much.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

They're taking in maybe 1/8 of the revenue coachella is.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    I don't know what the fuck has been up with the sound at the Gorge the past couple of Sasquatches. In 2010 I was about midway up the hill during Massive Attack and the sound levels were absolutely perfect in every way. Then this past summer at Paradiso the sound was the absolute loudest I have ever heard it there. For whatever reason though, the sound during Sasquatch 11/12 has been embarrassingly quiet.
    Chad wouldn't have it any either way at Paradiso. Kandi Kids need the loudest music possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    Comparing Sasquatch to Coachella isn't fair at all, and anyone who makes the comparison is an ignorant fucking jackass. The only way Sasquatch will ever compete with Coachella is if they decide to take the festival elsewhere, and that won't be happening any time soon. The attendance cap and location will never allow Sasquatch to grow to the size and stature of Coachella. Pretty fucking simple. Sasquatch is an amazing regional festival. Coachella is an amazing worldwide-recognized festival. End of story.
    100% this. It always bothers me when people compare the two. They are completely different festivals with different intentions.

someone figure out what days everyone is playing.