Thread: Adding a Car Camping pass to an existing order

Default Adding a Car Camping pass to an existing order

Has anyone had success doing this anytime in the last few months? I called Front Gate this morning to try, and the woman on the other line said that they stopped selling car camping passes in June, but that they'd be selling them again when regular Coachella ticket sales resume in January.

Seems odd, since the Coachella info page still says car camping passes can be added-on to an existing pass "while supplies last."

Default Re: Adding a Car Camping pass to an existing order

No, FrontGate is right. The "presale" is over. If there are any camping passes left at the regular onsale, you'll just call FrontGate and ask to have one added onto your existing order.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll have to try my luck in January.

In the likely event that I am not able to purchase a camping ticket during the regular sale, what are my other options for adding a camping pass to my order?

I understand the camping passes are linked to the purchaser's i.d. Is this correct?

Does this mean there is no way that I would be able to buy a camping pass, aside from finding a seller and entering the grounds together?

correct
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Thanks pf.

I'm sure it's been asked a million times and you probably can't say in the first place, so I'm sorry but... will there be anymore camping passes going up during regular sale?

Not at Stagecoach.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Not at Stagecoach.
    No worries about that. I'm bunking with Darius Rucker

Quote Originally Posted by amishCYBORG View Post
    In the likely event that I am not able to purchase a camping ticket during the regular sale, what are my other options for adding a camping pass to my order?

I understand the camping passes are linked to the purchaser's i.d. Is this correct?

Does this mean there is no way that I would be able to buy a camping pass, aside from finding a seller and entering the grounds together?
    The camping passes are tied to the wristband(s) they ship with. Last year, we had two trusted people swap wristbands before arrival, so one could use the other's un-needed camping pass. I don't think I would want to try that with someone I didn't know, if something went wrong, the wristband tied to your name is now on some stranger's arm and vice versa.

I have a camping pass on order that I won't be needing this year. It will probably just go to waste because it's kind of a pain, but if I find a friend here in town I can sell/give it to, I'll swap with them. So it can be done, but it's risky. I guess it's no riskier than buying a wristband, but it would be a special kind of annoying to know you had a legit band and you traded it for a counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by amishCYBORG View Post
    Thanks pf.

I'm sure it's been asked a million times and you probably can't say in the first place, so I'm sorry but... will there be anymore camping passes going up during regular sale?
    all passes will go on sale in January except i think we did sell out of the "tent only" camping for both weekends. that always sells out first since there are only a few of those.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Actually it's strange people had told me that car camping was either sold out or the rest will be sold when the tickets go on sale. So I called front gate and asked if they were selling any, just to be sure. And they sold me one in december! I double checked and asked again that it was an actual car camping pass and it is so I bought it for Weekend 1. So a friend of mine needed one and so I called them again and they said they aren't selling until the tickets go on sale. My friend tried to call them a few days later and they sold her one too! I really think it's a hit and miss but I would still try and call frontgate now just to check if they are selling a car camping pass.

Last year I didn't add a car camping pass to my order until March, I don't think they ever sold out. Although I think I read that all tickets sold in the general sale must include either car camping or a shuttle pass. I guess they're really trying to cut down on people driving in each day.

My experience last year- the camping passes and wristbands were scanned separately by different people. The camping scanner person was only concerned if the camping pass scanned as valid. I was in tent camping.

I just called frontgate a few minutes ago (888-512-SHOW) and they let me add a car camping pass to my preorder no problem. If anyone wants to do it I would recommend getting on it now before the sale starts on Tuesday morning.

I just added car camping as well no problem

my god getting through is impossible today. thanks friend for making me do it last minute.

Car camping usually doesn't sell out. I added mine to my order around April last year for wknd 1.

Unfortunately, they sold out this year. What a strange year.

Lurker

:,,(

Sucks cause I still really need one!! If anyone know anybody that wants to trade or sell a band that has a car camping pass PLS LMK!!!
    Much Appreciated!!

-Drea

I spoke with someone from frontgate earlier this evening. They confirmed that car camping passes for both weekends are now sold out.

Probably due to the fact that they coupled them with passes. They pretty much forced people to buy them, a la shuttle pass. Oh well. Still camping.

The great camping pass trade of 2013!
    U MAD?