Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnaroo 2013

Default Re: Bonnaroo 2013

What are your top priorities, Ron?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensWeep View Post
    Thursday is completely skippable-- will be spending the day in Nashville.
    Please rethink your strategy here. What's the point in having a pass for this if you skip an entire day? Especially if you've never been...
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

ya you need thursday to get acquainted with your surroundings.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Plus Thursday is awesome this year.

Thursday this year is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Thursday 09. There wasn't much going on that night. I remember watching Janelle Monae and White Rabbits. At that point I was exhausted from a VERY long day of travel and decided to go nap for 2 or 3 hours, then wake up and go see Passion Pit. I woke up at 12:30, realized Passion Pit only had a half hour left, and then went back to sleep and didnt wake up until 10 the next morning.

/cool story, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    What are your top priorities, Ron?
    John McLaughlin, Cat Power, LN AnCo, Bjork, and David Byrne. After that, I'm totally open I think .... You? cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Thursday this year is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Thursday 09. There wasn't much going on that night. I remember watching Janelle Monae and White Rabbits. At that point I was exhausted from a VERY long day of travel and decided to go nap for 2 or 3 hours, then wake up and go see Passion Pit. I woke up at 12:30, realized Passion Pit only had a half hour left, and then went back to sleep and didnt wake up until 10 the next morning.

/cool story, bro

i did this saturday last year. was going to nap through the chilis and woke up to rain in my tent at 4:30.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

John McLaughlin, Cat Power, LN AnCo, Bjork, and David Byrne. After that, I'm totally open I think .... You? cr****
    Nice!

McCartney, Bjork, Billy Idol and Weird Al (though the schedule conflict will make me see Weird Al it looks like), Animal Collective, ZZ Top, Bob Saget, Amadou & Mariam, Polyphonic Spree, and Killer Mike

I'm good at catching many partial sets at Coachella but from what I hear that will be pretty tough at Roo. Gunna have to figure out my schedule soon as well.

Upcoming shows
    Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i did this saturday last year. was going to nap through the chilis and woke up to rain in my tent at 4:30.
    I keep forgetting about the rain last year. I woke up Monday with a hangover and Susie had almost everything already packed up. Yea Susie. Thankfully I only had to drive about 100 miles to my nieces. Not drinking, I won't have that problem this year. Hummm, the call is out for doses of any kind after a meetup. Of course I'm kidding, or not cr****

You're still not drinking, Ron?
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You're still not drinking, Ron?
    Sort of. This may sound like an excuse, but at my sis's I had 2 glasses of wine but I did say no for more. Just wanted to show myself, I could have one and wouldn't have to go overboard...; cr****

Lets try out a quick schedule...

Thursday

DIIV > Araabmuzik > Deep Vally > Purity Ring > (break/food) > Killer Mike > Eric Andre

Friday

Local Natives > (break/food/walk around) > Amadou & Mariam > Big KRIT/Wilco/Daniel Tosh (not sure exactly what to do here) > Paul McCartney > ZZ Top > Animal Collective

Saturday

Clockwork > Solange or Ed Helms > Nas > Dirty Projectors > Cat Power > Bjork > some Mumford > R. Kelly (maybe if possible) > Weird Al > Boys Noize

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar > Swans/The National/Divine Fits or just go straight to Bob Saget > A$AP Rocky > Tom Petty

How easy is it to get between the What and Which stages?

Upcoming shows
    Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events

They're close, but with crowds it can be a pain. Especially in between sets when everyone is moving over.

Weird Al>Boys Noize sounds like a fuckin blast. I wish I could catch those sets.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Looks like a LN party at AnCo. Three years ago they were all the rage, remember? HCB is the man ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Please rethink your strategy here. What's the point in having a pass for this if you skip an entire day? Especially if you've never been...
    Because 3 whole days is plenty for me, and there's really nothing going on during Thurs. that I'm crazy about or haven't already seen. Plus, I've never had the chance to explore Nashville (or much of TN) so I'd like to spend more time doing non-festival things while I'm in that part of the country.

Getting between What and Which is exponentially harder than the two stages at Coachella. In 2011, it rained a bit on Saturday night and it made it very hard to get in between stages on Sunday because there was a mud lagoon with some thin pieces of cardboard acting as a "bridge" over the lagoon - caused a huge funnel in between stages and made it really hard to get around. Also, the crowds practically all move at once, unlike Coachella where it seems people are always hopping in and out and bouncing around.

Also, the sun was very difficult for me. I could really only do one or two hours in the sun during the day, so had to almost exclusively do tent shows in the day. So I wouldn't plan on scheduling shows at What and Which throughout the day.

Also, don't be idiots like us and bring a dark tent haha. Nice wake up in my own sweat at 7 AM every morning. Still love the festival, but would do RV over tent next time.

some friends of mine are talking about bringing solar tarps to shade them from the sun.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Because 3 whole days is plenty for me, and there's really nothing going on during Thurs. that I'm crazy about or haven't already seen. Plus, I've never had the chance to explore Nashville (or much of TN) so I'd like to spend more time doing non-festival things while I'm in that part of the country.
    Do this Monday. After Roo, nothing beats a hotel, nice shower, sit down meal with a cold beer and a bed. Spoil yourself after
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

creep is right, monday in nashville rocks.

araabmuzik got shot.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    araabmuzik got shot.
    Street cred
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

You seem pretty set on it, and I don't want to be annoying, but I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't echo what everyone else is saying. Go Thursday, ESPECIALLY if you've never been before. There is wayyyyyy more at bonnaroo than the music you see on the schedule, and getting your bearings is priceless. That's my nice guy opinion.

My not-nice-guy question: how the fuck is there nothing you're interested in on Thursday?

If anything, go sit in the Brooer's tent and get wasted

Find shakedown, check out a Q+A or show in the cinema tent, watch someone in the comedy tent, check out the food trucks or the cool southern food vendors, walk through the rows and rows of shops...

Nashville is cool, but I don't think it's a great "one day" city.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Do this Monday. After Roo, nothing beats a hotel, nice shower, sit down meal with a cold beer and a bed. Spoil yourself after
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I appreciate the advice, especially coming from those with experience. You guys are definitely making me reconsider my original plan. We'll see what happens!

The Broo'ers Tent seems pretty cool-- featuring breweries from all over the country? Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    You seem pretty set on it, and I don't want to be annoying, but I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't echo what everyone else is saying. Go Thursday, ESPECIALLY if you've never been before. There is wayyyyyy more at bonnaroo than the music you see on the schedule, and getting your bearings is priceless. That's my nice guy opinion.

My not-nice-guy question: how the fuck is there nothing you're interested in on Thursday?
    And to answer your "not-nice-guy question": sure, there are a few acts on Thurs. that I'd be down to catch--Ariel Pink, DIIV, Haim, Purity Ring, etc.--but still not enough that day to make me regret missing it. Plus, I saw a few of those bands at Coachella and none of them give me that "holy shit I need to see them again!" type feeling.

I appreciate the advice, especially coming from those with experience. You guys are definitely making me reconsider my original plan. We'll see what happens!

The Broo'ers Tent seems pretty cool-- featuring breweries from all over the country? Count me in.
    Yep, you're not locked in either. If you're into sports, they usually play the basketball playoffs in the cinema which is an awesome place to drink and sit in AC while watching a game if you're not into Thursday's lineup.

And to answer your "not-nice-guy question": sure, there are a few acts on Thurs. that I'd be down to catch--Ariel Pink, DIIV, Haim, Purity Ring, etc.--but still not enough that day to make me regret missing it. Plus, I saw a few of those bands at Coachella and none of them give me that "holy shit I need to see them again!" type feeling.
    Killer Mike and Allen Stone conflicting is a bummer, but I'd love to see Mike, late night.

Tbh, Thursday is pretty stacked...