Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnaroo 2013

Default Re: Bonnaroo 2013

she did just have surgery on her vocal cords a few months ago ...

Gotdamn waiting room keeps kicking me out and timing out. Totally defeating the purpose of a waiting room, GAH.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Got two tier 3..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Got a Tier 3--came to just under $300 with all fees/shipping. That seems really good, honestly. Ahhh, I can't wait, it's my first trip to the farm! Anything a Bonnaroo virgin should know about it? How does the vibe/people/organization/intangibles compare to Coachella?
    "I've been called worse things by better people."
    —Pierre Trudeau

"You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole."
    —The Dude

Austin City Limits 05, 06, 07, 08, 12. Lollapalooza 09, 10. Coachella 11, 12. Bonnaroo 13!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Bonnaroo feels like a marathon compared to coachellas relaxing stoll to the park. Its definitely harder. Extended set times and late nights make up for it, along with an extra day of music.

Show up on wednesday if you can. it's nice to have camp all set up and drunk as opposed to packing and driving wed night/thursday.

Logistically, i wish roo would put a band or two on the which stage on thursday to thin out the crowd. The tents are stupid packed by dusk on thursday.

its always kind of dusty, some years worse than others. It doesn't bother me too much but some ppl were pretty miserable in 2011 because of it. Bring a bandanna or something to cover your nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by girmaff420 View Post
    Got a Tier 3--came to just under $300 with all fees/shipping. That seems really good, honestly. Ahhh, I can't wait, it's my first trip to the farm! Anything a Bonnaroo virgin should know about it? How does the vibe/people/organization/intangibles compare to Coachella?
    Night

and day:

but both not to be missed ... cr****

Be sure to check out http://inforoo.com/ board isn't near as fun as this one, quite busy, don't talk drugs or say fuck, but lots of info there ... cr****

My Roo virginity is about to be de-flowered come June. And it's going to be glorious. Thinking of spending a day or two in Nashville before taking the airport shuttle to Manchester. Anyone have suggestions for cool spots in the country music Mecca?

Got my ticket!! NO idea how I'm getting there from LA but I'll figure it out. Bonnaroo 2013, ooops~!

You should hit nashville after bonnaroo. Get a hotel, take a shower and eat a good meal.

There is an alley, i forget the name but its well-known. They have nude karaoke. For the lulz only.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Nude karaoke? That's fantastic. I like the shower/meal idea afterwards, but I also want to be able to enjoy myself out on the town. Methinks Bonnaroo gonna wipe my energy clean.

I would go to this site, not necessarily recommending HR (over priced but fun) but the site will get you to the heart of bars and things to do downtown. I do the tourist stuff (sorrrrrry) if I am in town for the first time. You should hit the River Walk (geez every town has one now) ....... also go to the Roo board for specific recommendations imo .... cr****

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/ca...05&MIBEnumID=3

Here is a site for what HCB was talking about ..... watch out ....haha

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...Tennessee.html

I thought that too, but my Monday in Nasheville was great. Aaaand i lasted til last call.

Yes, Printers Alley, thanks cr****

Thanks guys!

went in 2011. dusty as fuck. pretty hot. but massively enjoyable.

doing Coachella this year for several reasons, but besides the way better lineup (bought before roo's even dropped, so point is moot for someone who can only afford to do one of these like myself), the main reason is my perception of its atmosphere. it seems cooler, nicer, more scenic. less like a mad max movie with hippies and beer (roo '11).

however some things im starting to notice right off just being here:
    -bonnaroo camping scene seems about the same, ill have to experience coachellas, but coachella's seems the slightest bit stricter in the campgrounds.
    -stricter on the fields too it seems, not allowing beer outside of the beergardens? not going to ruin my time, but this was the first thing that made me raise an eybrow.
    -both are huge festival crowds, and you know them well, though roo seems a bit more hippie to coachella's hipster.
    -im not a huge EDM or jam fan, so large sections of both lineups are wiped away for me, leaving less chance of conflict. but since there is almost always space left over, i use that to go outside the zone a bit. some really good EDM at coachella this year from what im seeing.
    -bonnaroo's ticket/camping system is less of a pain in the ass. the camping is included. bought a ticket? camp. or dont. up to you.
    -way less infrastructure around bonnaroo's grounds. for better or for worse. it is in buttfuck TN. pretty, but sort of remote
    -coachella seems to always have cant-miss, headline-making happenings during sets. roo, not as much.
    -roo has a lot of focus on the smaller acts, with several smaller tents and stages. some of the smaller bands played every day of the festival.

Way off on camping, yes stricter then the Roo inside and out. Both tons of fun .... cr****

2012 there was no dust at bonnaroo. it was purely because there was no rain inthe area for weeks prior to the festival in 2011.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Bonnaroo beats Coachella in the following:

4 days
    Late night sets
    Longer sets
    Beer - They let you take much more into camping. The variety of beer is pretty great. No beer gardens
    Comedy tent
    Cinema, if that's your thing. I've cooled off in there a couple times. It's air conditioned
    Unopposing headliners, it's nice to not have to worry about those conflicts
    Larger camp sites
    Searches at entry are almost a joke
    The mushroom fountain, if you're not grossed out by it
    Glowstick wars
    Free camping
    Cheaper tickets
    Less scene kids
    Silent disco
    More diverse lineup (It's arguable but Roo has jam bands, more world music, bluegrass, and *gasps* country music.)
    Superjams

I'll add more.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Posted b4 but it is a new year ....cr****

camping:

you never lose sight of the clock or the wheel :

the wall (or one of them anyway):

Welcome to the Roo:

bonnaroo is like india but happier.

these photos don't do it justice.

haha yup, quite true. fun times were definitely had.

and yeah, the campsites were definitely bigger, i dont remember by how much though. but i love tent city. everyone joins their stuff together to form huge tent neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    More diverse lineup (It's arguable but Roo has jam bands, more world music, bluegrass, and *gasps* country music.)
    This is what concerns me about Coachella as GV expands. They already have Stagecoach which doesn't cross over much with the Coachella demo (though I do miss the likes of Willie Nelson & Dwight Yokam from years past), but if they ever try to spin off some EDM fest I hope they would not drastically reduce this element from Coachella, and so on and so forth until the "original" Coachella is basically a glorified FYF of indie/alternative/rock. It's mostly all fan speculation, but I'm still not sure how I'd feel if they took such a direction.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

fack..double post
    Last edited by thewoodenman; 02-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

Quote Originally Posted by girmaff420 View Post
    Last year was my first year going to Bonnaroo instead of Coachella due to moving too far away for school and stuff. I'll be back to Coachella one day, but Roo is just logistically easier for me right now.
    Anyways, I had an awesome time at Roo last year. It was basically just as fun as any of the Coachellas I've attended.
    Granted the music wasn't as good last year at Roo the overall experience made every day worth it. Nonstop music and stuff to do at all times.
    The weather was fucking amazing last year, but I know when it gets hot it gets hot as balls. I wouldn't completely count on that again.
    Definitely take the bandanna advice, I still had dirt in my snot a week after leaving.
    The late night sets are really what set Bonnaroo apart from Coachella for me. Umphrey's McGee till the crack of dawn with a surprise jam session with Big Gigantic made me lose my shit.
    Flying Lotus' late night set was also quite the party.
    I always get sort of bummed leaving the Coachella grounds at midnightish each night, but by the end of the night at Bonnaroo I was definitely ready to go back to my camp site.
    I had a lot of fun looking at the random shops and stuff, didn't buy anything though.
    I love that Bonnaroo has a huge beer selection from all over the country and I don't think they were as expensive at Roo.
    I love that you can take in water or pretty much whatever you want at Bonnaroo, the security is easy sleazy. You can pretty much be smoking a doob and still get in haha.
    I feel like the campgrounds have more of a party vibe at Roo also.

But on the other hand Coachella feels more like home to me. I feel like Coachella people are more my kind of people as well, and you can't beat that Coachella scenery. The stages at Coachella definitely put every stage at Roo to shame, there's just nowhere near the production value at Roo you get at Coachella. I didn't really see any super impressive art at Bonnaroo or cool things to play with similar to the art installments at Coachella.

Got my tickets at Tier 2 pricing, I am quite excited for this year. That line up is right up my alley.
    3/2 Sasha // Big Gigantic
    3/8 STS9, Cherub
    3/19 Eric Clapton
    3/21 EOTO, Govinda
    3/29 Eskmo
    4/4-4/6 Lotus @ Boulder Theater, CO
    4/8 Sigur Ros
    4/12 Gramatik
    4/15 Morrissey
    4/19 Umphrey's McGee // The M Machine
    4/20 Dirty Phonics
    5/2 Alk3
    5/10 Bonobo
    5/31 Lucky Date
    6/3 Postal Service
    6/13-6/16 Bonnaroo

Any Roo doubters should watch this video. Looking forward to my first Coachella

Last edited by jgreg456; 03-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgreg456 View Post
    Any Roo doubters should watch this video. Looking forward to my first Coachella

What am I supposed to be seeing?

Oh. Ok. So that video taught me that Bonnaroo is an uglier and dirtier version of Coachella, and that at night you guys like to look up and see your blinky toys illuminate the dust-filled sky. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    What am I supposed to be seeing?
    I sort of agree with that. What is posted online about the vid, is that it is the BEST vid you will ever see that shows the fest ...............not...... it's cool in its own way to see some of the Roo, but for me, why would anyone not record a vid in 1080 these days.... cr****

blinky toys lolz. No lights or "blinky toys" at an EDM show is as much fun as listening to a couple of rabbits thump thump in the dark ..... cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 03-01-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    Oh. Ok. So that video taught me that Bonnaroo is an uglier and dirtier version of Coachella, and that at night you guys like to look up and see your blinky toys illuminate the dust-filled sky. Got it.
    Nailed it.