Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Roskilde 2013

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Roskilde 2013

I was thinking of just getting a hotel in Copenhagen and taking the train in each day.

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

How far of a ride would that be? Salah is on the fence about going and won't make any definite decisions until May... So, its just me now.
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

looks like it's just a 30 minute ride. about 20 miles or so.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

This may be something I would like to do as well. I'll look into it. Tent camping is really fuckin expensive and after backpacking around europe for 2 weeks I think I am going to want a bed
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

^For ~$45/night for 3 bed private room....
    Last edited by sbconnection; 03-29-2013 at 12:26 PM.

ups double post, sorry
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 03-29-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Tent camping is included in the price so its not more expensive unless you are talking about the GAT area that are more expensive.

But its only the large tent that are close to sell out, last year the small GAT tents didn´t sell out and if they do i´ll expect them to do so in early June.

Hotels in Copenhagen are not exactly cheap, I looked at six days from Wednesday before the festival to Tuesday after the festival and you can get the hostels (generator, Danhostel etc) for around 500 dollars and the hotels starts at around 6-700 dollars (Zleep and Cabinn chains)

But if you choose a hotel or hostel in Copenhagen you can take the train to Roskilde from København H (Copenhagen Central Station)
    There are 7 departures per hour that stops in Roskilde and they take between 18 and 27 minutes depending on the number of stops on the way.

From Roskilde Station to the festival site you can take either the shuttle train to the festival station or busses to entrance East or West.

After the concerts there are both trains and busses back to Roskilde Station or direct trains to København H and busses to the city hall square (Rådhuspladsen) in central Copenhagen.

If you don´t want to carry your tent around Europe there is also the possibility to buy a tent at the camping site and sleep at the regular camping areas like most people do, I think that you did just that last time as far as i remember.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 03-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    ^For ~$45/night for 3 bed private room....
    ooooh this is tempting.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

If you want to book directly at Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown then the website is here, they have 3 other properties in Copenhagen that perhaps is cheaper they are City, Bellahøj and Amager.

http://www.danhostel.dk/en

I would suggest camping, if only to watch the danes torch their tents on Sunday night
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Bongo youre right,I was looking at the GAT camping. It would be cheaper to share a 3 person tent. Plus adding on the expense of taking the train to the fest every day... Hmmm.

Whats the weather like at night? Is it going to be really cold like it is at Coachella? I wonder why they would give you a 3 person tent but only one sleeping bag. I'll be traveling with a towel, sweater and jacket... You think that will be enough?

My first coachella with Salah we shared an airplane blanket and froze our asses off. A temperature drop like that was unheard of in FL where we're from.

This may be something I would like to do as well. I'll look into it. Tent camping is really fuckin expensive and after backpacking around europe for 2 weeks I think I am going to want a bed
    Tent camping is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

It says that its 499Dkk to get a tent there.

That's if you rent a tent. If you bring your own its free. You're gonna be packing anyway, right? Great way to do that cheap is tenting it. Food for thought
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

The best thing is to buy a cheap tent in Copenhagen the day before.

Places like Stadium, Jysk and Spejdersport do have small tents for around 30-40 dollars and probably 70-100 dollars for a tent that are larger and can withstand a heavy rainfall (if that happens).

Spejdersport also sells tents and camping gear at the festival

A return ticket will cost around 35-40 dollars and that you have to pay 4 times.

Regarding the temperature it can get as low as 10 degrees celcius but normally its around 15, sometimes we get something called Indian summer where the night temperatures is over 20 degrees celcius but that is very rare.

Ha ha. San franciscans say we have an Indian summer as well but that means that our summer is In Oct-Nov. But yeah, ill look into getting a cheap tent in copenhagen. I plan on touring europe for 2 weeks before so ill only have a smallish hiking bag so that I can carry it on a plane. So, yeah food for thought stink... Duly noted.

The thought of burning my own tent down once Monday rolls around sounds almost too appealing. *maniacal laugh*

Where are you going? I was suggesting tenting the entire trip since it will be cheaper, and you will have less chance being scolded by other hostel occupants. Scandinavia is pretty expensive, so tenting is a good option since there seem to be a ton of tenting areas. There is a chance of torrential rains though. Luckily Heidi, Salah, and I were there for an unusually hot year

Rainfall during most of the festival has only happened in 1997, 2004, 2007 and 2011 but there has been some showers for a few hours or so some of the years.
    2005, 2006 and 2010 didn't see a raindrop at all, 2008, 2009 and 2012 was warm and mostly sunny but with some shorter period of rainfall but not enought to turn it into a mudfest.

Btw the festival is trying to get away from from that Sunday night madness with tent burning and disorder so its not probably a good idea to start burning your tents. :-D

I was wrong about the Indian summer, its also means an unusual long summer in Denmark.

Its then off course called something else but its very rare to get over 20 degrees at night so it most likely won't happen anyway.

Hey Bongo, if I can't make it this year would selling my ticket be at all possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I'm going to ask Josh again today if he wants to go. He could just buy it from you. Unless You need an I.D. or something to match your ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo-anders View Post
    Btw the festival is trying to get away from from that Sunday night madness with tent burning and disorder so its not probably a good idea to start burning your tents. :-D

I was only saying that because StinkButt brought it up. I would never actually do that, it would be incredibly rude and distasteful to go wrecking a city that I am foreign to. Let alone one I'm from for that matter I guess... Unless its Miami. ;D That would be the least of its concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Hey Bongo, if I can't make it this year would selling my ticket be at all possible?
    No ID is required so if you find out in a months time i can buy yours, but i have to find out if i can get a week or 2 off from work before I´m purchasing mine.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 03-31-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Calexico, Frank Fairfield and Jonathan Wilson is added today.

This is what Roskilde has to say about todays announcements.

SOLID AMERICANA ADDED TO ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2013 LINE-UP
    Calexico, Frank Fairfield and Jonathan Wilson join our line-up
    Even though today’s bands have all been grown from the fertile soil of American roots music, they each approach tradition from their own unique and groundbreaking angle.

CALEXICO (US) have combined country with Mexican mariachi music on their previous border–crossing albums, but on their latest effort, 2012’s Algiers, the two gringos headed for the west bank of the Mississippi in sprawling New Orleans. The result of that trip is a colorful album that most certainly called for the band’s return to Roskilde Festival.

FRANK FAIRFIELD (US) more or less spent his life as a hobo, until he was finally discovered by the right people to see his potential and talent. These days, he’s touring with the Fleet Foxes, and making acclaimed records filled with heartbreak, whisky, inevitable poverty and the ever imminent stock market crash. Frank Fairfield tops his authentic americana with plenty of banjo and fierce fiddlin’.

JONATHAN WILSON (US) plays the kind of country rock where the psychedelic colors and shapes of late 60s California blend together. Yet at the same time, Wilson is so contemporary in his songwriting that fans of modern folk rock should be sure check him out as well. The talented musician and songwriter also enjoys a career as a session player for legends such as Jackson Brown and The Band’s Robbie Robertson.

full lineup next thursday.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod

Yes I´m dead excited

Lineup out in 2 days. If I'm happy with it, I'll be buying my ticket this weekend! Otherwise I might go to Melt! or Exit.