Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Uh no they don't
    I had to turn to Wiki for this but

1996 - Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.
    1999 - Slipknot
    2001 - Iowa
    2004 - Vol.3 Subliminal Verses
    2008 - All Hope is Gone

They have comp and live albums that I didn't include but figured that Roskilde's clue was based on these type of 5

Default Re: Roskilde 2013

I always forget the 1st and I think most do, just cuz it's kind of like a demo
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Some electronic acts was released today.

Disclosure
    Baauer
    Holy Other
    Jam City
    Vatican Shadow

Vatican Shadow seems to be getting booked for a lot of overseas festivals next summer, I'll be interested to see how his show translates to a big festival setting, glad to see he's getting a lot of attention it seems tho, incredibly talented.

^ He was one of the first acts announced for Sonar, I hope it works out that I'll want to go to actual Sonar whatever night he's playing. And yes, good to see him getting attention.

The danish group When Saints Go Machine was added today.

According to todays teaser we will probably see Animal Collective announced tomorrow.

Famous danish rapper Per Vers also added on twitter that a hip hop name would be added as well so it's probably some underground hip hopper from Denmark that I don't know.

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE VISITS ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2013
    The experimental nature boys will be joined by a batch of solid hip hop acts from New York + a Detroit detour.
    We start this new music year with a package containing avant-garde rock and music from the hip hop capital of New York.

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE is a very central name when it comes to alternative experimental pop. The New Yorker band has pushed pop music into a whole new dimension on a number of deeply curious albums, latest on Centipede Hz from 2012. For fans of especially alternative rock and pop - well, innovative music, generally - this is a dream booking. We haven't seen these wunder kids since 2006 when they were still a rather small band playing on our small Pavilion stage.

And then it's all about hip hop…
    The rest of today's package is a batch of young hip hop with a respectful nod to the 90s.

In a time of full of exciting genre fusions, it's kind of liberating to have a bunch of hip hop bands who really appreciate old-school styles - without sounding passé.

ACTION BRONSON has a past as a gourmet chef, but has put palette knife and carving fork aside to devote himself to rap. With great confidence, he stands on the shoulders of Ghostface Killah and the rest of the Wu-Tang Clan as his rap takes him away from the kitchen and straight onto the hip hop scene.

DANNY BROWN has grown up in Detroit, is a self-confessed music geek and has continued the legacy of the cap-clad king of the city J Dilla in the company of Black Milk. His lyrical universe often revolves around drugs and the grim conditions of his home town. His mental condition is not all that bad, however, as he leaves room for plenty of quivering women's thighs and hefty doses of humour.

FLATBUSH ZOMBIES is a duo whose rap is based on four classic hip hop subjects: smoke, money, ladies and freshly baked waffles. Erick Arc Elliot produces the couple who has also rapped alongside A$AP Rocky. Meechy Darko and Zombie Juice deliver philosophical horrorcore with a stoned twist.

JOEY BADA$$ is a New York rapper on fire. He is part of Pro Era, a young group of hip hoppers who seems to have a well-developed love of the classic 90s scene of their hometown. This crew may be New York's equivalent of Los Angeles' Odd Future, and Joey Bada$$ is one of the Brooklyn collective's most noted member

Terrible band! But I still really, really want to attend. Just don't know how to afford it
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Edit: I take that back.:all those groups are horrible
    Last edited by getbetter; 01-09-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

I´m not into hiphop either but i kind of dig it. :-)

That's a really great hiphop selection, fuck ac though
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Roskilde has just been awarded the artists favourite festival at this years European Festival Award.

But RF lost to Tomorrowlands in the best major festival, Balaton Sound took best medium sized festival and best small festival went to a festival in Poland that takes place in a abandoned coal mine.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 01-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.

HIGHASAKITE TO PLAY ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2013
    The Norwegian shooting stars are added to the lineup along with Ukranian band Dakhabrakha.
    Eurosonic Noorderslag soon takes place, and on this occasion we announce two exciting bands who also play at the Dutch showcase festival.

HIGHASAKITE (NO) seems to be the new big Norwegian music act. Their alternative pop is filled with hit potential and catchy tunes. "Indian Summer" has already spread its heavy-hearted sweetness on the radio. The song is almost a signature tune for the Norwegians who like to play live wearing Indian outfits.

DAKHABRAKHA (UA) creates a self-confessed "ethnic chaos" of sensitive falsetto vocals, accordion, cello, bass-dark jazz and Ukrainian folk music. The expression is spiritual, melodious and here and there almost a bit scary like the most shadowy corners of a remote bazaar. Elements of both Indian, Arabic, African, Russian and Australian descent pop up along the way.

I don't know what happened but Roskilde hast just announced Rihanna. :-D

The Knife was just confirmed...for Northside
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Yes but are playing 2 sold out shows 1,5 months before in Copenhagen.

Teaser for tomorrow

It fits with Crosby, Stills & Nash, one is from Los Angeles, one has worked with a person called Springfield and the last person is from England

Crosby and Nash is 71 years old (come July) and they are withing 50.000 likes on facebook (between 5,000 and 27,000).

But if it has to be 50,000 likes we are way off and Stills are "only" 68 years old.

Someone else suggested Seasick Steve but i haven´t checked up on it.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 01-15-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Seasick Steve has 200,00+ likes...I bet you're right.

New info, its lesser known bands/artist, one from LA, One from Springfield (which one????) and one from London and the combined age is 71 years old.

"Haim (Los Angeles, 7 years), Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (Springfield, MO, 14 years) and Femi Kuti (London, 50 years). That's one fit."

Quoted from a user from the Roskilde Boards, I´m thinkin that Haim and Yeltsin are correct but doubt on Femi Kuti.
    Last edited by Bongo-anders; 01-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.

It was not even close, Angel Haze, The Bots and King Krule was announced today, can't say that I know them but that what's Spotify is made for.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

when do they typically reveal the complete lineup?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

In the middle of April, but from now on they will reveal names every Wednesday and some weeks also on other days.

Its Wednesday so we have some fresh names for the poster.

WEDNESDAY 23.01.13
    FIRST JUNIOR ACTS ARE READY
    Baby In Vain, Mother Lewinsky and Overthrow are added to the 2013 lineup.
    Three acts have been booked for the Pavilion Junior stage - the bands on this stage play in the early period of the festival from 30 June to 3 July.

BABY IN VAIN (DK) find their inspiration in dragging stoner rock and slack grunge from the 90s. Their guitar rock is rattling, reckless and tuneful. None of the girls in the promising trio has turned 20 yet.

MOTHER LEWINSKY (DK) use the violin as the centre in their advanced pop music. The three masterminds behind the grand live orchestra see Mother Lewinsky as a playground where they can explore the potential in using strings to create a delicious pop sound.

OVERTHROW (NO) makes the blood boil with an aggressive mix of metal, hardcore punk and genuine rock’n’roll. Attention has grown around Overthrow, especially after the debut album Adjust to Darkness saw the light of day. Their sonic punch-in-the-stomach has triggered comparisons to Kvelertak who's also from Stavanger and in the 2013 Roskilde lineup.

Festival as ladder towards climax
    The announcement of bands for the Pavilion Junior stage takes place slightly earlier than usual. We consider the overall festival as an eight-day-long experience ladder. This leads to a festival that increases in intensity and peaks between Thursday and Sunday. As all eight days form a total experience, it's now natural to start unveiling what music you can catch during the earliest days of the festival.

SYND OG SKAM PLAYS ROSKILDE FESTIVAL
    The Danish post-punk band has impressed far and wide and now joins the 2013 lineup.
    Tonight the Danish music critics are handing out awards to Danish artists they think deserve them.

We'd like to mark this event by announcing Danish band Synd Og Skam who's nominated in no less than three categories – Hope of the year, Band of the year and live act of the year.

SYND OG SKAM is a new Danish band who's been praised far and wide. With pure poetry in Danish and semi-improvised post-punk, the Danes stir a very touching mélange of genres. So far, the noble savages have only released one EP but they're already a darling with both the audience, the critics – and Roskilde Festival.

And i can see that you have Kalkbrenner on the poster so here is a clip from last years Roskilde Festival.

http://roskilde-festival.dk/tv/?mid=4AEC9635

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

what do you think are the odds of the prodigy being there? i know they're doing rock am ring/rock im park the weekend before...so maybe?
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Three heavy names add extra weight to the Roskilde Festival's music program.

Today's package gives room for some legends that have helped create and develop a central genre. At the same time Roskilde Festival continues a tradition of great diversity in the metal programme by also accommodating the more extreme forms of metal.

KREATOR (DE) are German metal kings who have been making the stage boil for more than 30 years. Since the early 80s, these Germans have been spitting out albums that have enshrined their sound in the thrash genre DNA. Their last album is the Phantom Antichrist from 2012, showing a band in great form.

THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (US) made ​​its name with complex hard core, which is not only brutal, but also jazz virtuoso-like and filled with surprising genre detours. Their live shows are intense bursts of energy, where the complexities occasionally explode in a ferocity that has made the band's concerts legendary and infamous.

ANAAL NATHRAKH (UK) uses elements of black metal, melodic death metal and grind core to blur the boundaries of how uncompromising you can use the heavy music to evoke a dark cloud of terror and death. When Mick Kenney and David Hunt perform on stage, they usually bring in reinforcement, so together they can match the attack of the guitar and growls on the Brits’ albums.

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

ticket has been purchased. Hopefully the lineup is spectacular, its oooook so far but Rihanna? I wish they had gotten some other pop diva but whatevs
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

So maybe we can meet up this time around :-)