Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is Beautiful Festival

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Life is Beautiful Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Go disappoint some more of your friends you worthless fuck.
    I'd love to know what you think that is supposed to mean
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by thomas6937 View Post
    They've posted the new video from Arctic Monkeys, so let's just take that as the first artist announcement.
    Excellent.

Nothing gets my vag wetter than the sound of Alex Turner singing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Look what I found!
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Shall I roll the dice and say they're second billed. One of these combos needs to go down:
    Arctic Monkeys > Outkast
    Arctic Monkeys > the Strokes
    Arctic Monkeys > Jack White

Arctic Monkeys wouldn't play before the Strokes...maybe 5 years ago, heck, even 2 years ago, but not as big as AM is right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Arctic Monkeys wouldn't play before the Strokes...maybe 5 years ago, heck, even 2 years ago, but not as big as AM is right now.
    What, do you think that they're headlining? BTW, the Arctic Monkeys aren't played on the radio in Vegas. I doubt they've ever had a single song played on the radio here. They played a pool last time they were here. Also, I'd put them in the same time slot as Vampire Weekend.

Looks like alt-J is cuntfirmed.

What, do you think that they're headlining? BTW, the Arctic Monkeys aren't played on the radio in Vegas. I doubt they've ever had a single song played on the radio here. They played a pool last time they were here. Also, I'd put them in the same time slot as Vampire Weekend.
    Honestly, not even sure AM is playing the fest, I simply took your scenario and saw that the Strokes seem out of place as a headliner vs Outkast and Jack White. Then I stated that I don't think AM would play before the Strokes, especially when AM just sold out Staples Center. I love the strokes, but maybe I'm underestimating the demand for a reunion. Or it's just a weird Vegas market.

If you're guessing that they would be in the same slot as Vampire Weekend, that just supports my "weird Vegas market" theory because VW sold out the Hollywood Bowl on that same tour when they hit LA.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Looks like alt-J is cuntfirmed.
    juicy

juicy
    Lineup is definitely heading in the right direction.

Probably should start looking into non-gaming resorts for that weekend now.

Honestly, not even sure AM is playing the fest, I simply took your scenario and saw that the Strokes seem out of place as a headliner vs Outkast and Jack White. Then I stated that I don't think AM would play before the Strokes, especially when AM just sold out Staples Center. I love the strokes, but maybe I'm underestimating the demand for a reunion. Or it's just a weird Vegas market.

If you're guessing that they would be in the same slot as Vampire Weekend, that just supports my "weird Vegas market" theory because VW sold out the Hollywood Bowl on that same tour when they hit LA.
    Didn't the Strokes just sell out the FYF fest? That has to be a greater capacity than the Staples center.

I think saying The Strokes sold out FYF Fest on their own is a huge stretch.

I do think the Strokes are bigger than Jorge is giving them credit for. I don't like The Strokes or Arctic Monkeys myself.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Didn't the Strokes just sell out the FYF fest? That has to be a greater capacity than the Staples center.
    That's like saying Outkast sold out Coachella. I'm sure it's up for debate, but FYF would have likely been a sellout with or without the Strokes. You're not comparing apples to apples though.

Staples is about 20K. At their peak, Strokes never sold out anything bigger than 2 (?) nights at the Gibson, which was about a 7 or 8K venue. Nostalgia does crazy things though.

Yeah, there are also a lot of younger people that are really into The Stokes too. My 22 year old sister and all of her friends are really, really into them.
    last.fm

Staples is about 20K. At their peak, Strokes never sold out anything bigger than 2 (?) nights at the Gibson, which was about a 7 or 8K venue. Nostalgia does crazy things though.
    Didn't the strokes sell out Madison square garden in 2011?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

let us know how they fared in London, Tokyo, and some other places that are fucking irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

That's like saying Outkast sold out Coachella. I'm sure it's up for debate, but FYF would have likely been a sellout with or without the Strokes. You're not comparing apples to apples though.
    I'm sure Haim moved 25 tickets.

Staples is about 20K. At their peak, Strokes never sold out anything bigger than 2 (?) nights at the Gibson, which was about a 7 or 8K venue.
    The Strokes were 2nd billed last time they played Coachella and the Arctic Monkeys were 5th billed. The Strokes subbed the main stage whereas the Arctic Monkeys played 4th.

Nostalgia does crazy things though.
    It's not nostalgia. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I've seen them both live. There is no contest -the Strokes' energy, intensity and catalogue is incomparable.

I'm sure Haim moved 25 tickets.
    Haim just sold out two nights at a 2400-person venue for a ticket price equal to the same as one day at fyf
    last.fm

Thank God we don't have to worry about them playing this fest this year. But that's beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Yeah, there are also a lot of younger people that are really into The Stokes too. My 22 year old sister and all of her friends are really, really into them.
    Your sister sounds very bangable.

You could at least attempt to have an actual conversation where you consider actual information sometimes.
    last.fm

The Strokes were 2nd billed last time they played Coachella and the Arctic Monkeys were 5th billed. The Strokes subbed the main stage whereas the Arctic Monkeys played 4th.
    Putting this together for you.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    Didn't the strokes sell out Madison square garden in 2011?
    I think you're right, but I was thinking in LA terms. That Madison Square Garden was a hometown show for The Strokes and IIRC was billed as a farewell show so people know it as their last chance to catch them (for a while). If we compare an AM hometown show, they've been a large arena band/festival headliner in the UK (and Europe) pretty much since their second album.

Putting this together for you.
    If you think that Arctic Monkeys would play after the Strokes (in the states), then you're fucking crazy.

yes, let's all start insulting each other based on speculation of a small festival in a 3rd tier concert market.

yes, let's all start insulting each other based on speculation of a small festival in a 3rd tier concert market.
    Talk to me after you see AM play Staples and the Strokes headline FYF in August.

Yeah, i'll have fun at both. I don't see your point though. Just because you love of The Strokes (heck, I love them too and I actually agree with you even that they are a better band...at least earlier in their career) it does not mean that they are a bigger headliner than AM. Everything I wrote in this thread has to do with AM's recent venues/tour which cannot be compared to The Strokes venues/tour because guess what? They aren't touring, so all our speculation is just that, speculation.

Your citations on the Coachella slots (from years ago) only support what I said. That several years ago, The Strokes were bigger than AM.

I'm going on record now to say right now that if The Strokes do a real tour following these couple of festival appearances, they will also play Staples in LA and will also sell it out. So to go back to who would play before each other at a festival...I'm going to take a step back and say that they are both big enough to headline a night on their own. Strokes headline Friday night at Coachella and Arctic Monkeys headline Sunday night at Coachella.

lol. The Strokes had the biggest crowd at Governors Ball....you're wrong. People are starting to catch up on AM finally here and it doesn't matter if they sold out MSG or Staples Center. The Strokes can do the same thing.

It's not nostalgia. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I've seen them both live. There is no contest -the Strokes' energy, intensity and catalogue is incomparable.
    Exactly.

I think you're right, but I was thinking in LA terms. That Madison Square Garden was a hometown show for The Strokes and IIRC was billed as a farewell show so people know it as their last chance to catch them (for a while). If we compare an AM hometown show, they've been a large arena band/festival headliner in the UK (and Europe) pretty much since their second album.
    Farewell show? They played SXSW, Coachella, Bonnaroo and other festivals that year lol. I remember that week very well. 4 nights of LCD at Terminal 5 -> The Strokes at MSG -> LCD at MSG = amazing 6 days!

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Farewell show? They played SXSW, Coachella, Bonnaroo and other festivals that year lol. I remember that week very well. 4 nights of LCD at Terminal 5 -> The Strokes at MSG -> LCD at MSG = amazing 6 days!
    Did they play SXSW, Coachella, Bonnaroo and all those other festivals before the MSG show or after?