Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For anyone opposed to board threads getting likes on Facebook

Default Re: For anyone opposed to board threads getting likes on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    It is neither a run-on sentence nor is that a correct usage of verbiage. Way to weigh in and make yourself look even dumber than the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Red face Re: For anyone opposed to board threads getting likes on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    It doesn't show who liked it unless you are already friends with them on Facebook
    Whew, Good thing I have no friends.

I MEAN, I HAVE NO FRIENDS ON HERE.

I MEAN, NONE OF YOU LIKE ME.

I mean..

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    These worlds shall not collide.
    Yeah, a good amount of us threw that baby out with the bathwater years ago. Don't be ashamed of internet friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    but that is a correct use of "verbiage."
    Nope.

Although the original sentence practially defines the word in question.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Nope.

Although the original sentence practially defines the word in question.
    I used the word to refer to the way a person's contract/employee agreement was written, since it may have been open to interpretation. There are a couple of definitions, one being "the manner or style of expressing something in words, or wording". Apparently that's not close enough for some to consider it correct.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Oh good. We are discussing ThickGirl's misuse of the word 'verbiage' in a second thread. And yet nobody bothered to catch her grammatical error in this one.

If I was to refer back to ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_subjunctive
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

ONE THING AT A TIME
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I know everyone is hating on ThatGirl, but I don't like the Facebook likes either.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Petition to add individual posts and usernames to things we can like.

Petition to add individual board members' specific body parts to thinks we can like.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What shows up on the FB page when a thread gets Liked?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What shows up on the FB page when a thread gets Liked?
    Same thing if you ever like anything else on the net I suppose. A link will pop up under your things you recently "liked" and it will auto show up on your friends news feed.

I would love it if we could have "like" system on this board that has nothing to do with Facebook. There are a ton of great sarcastic comments I have wanted to "like" on this board.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Just DO NOT bring back the Tags.

Although we all know, I loved the attention. Right, Pot?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Just DO NOT bring back the Tags.

Although we all know, I loved the attention. Right, Pot?
    What were the tags?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Oh good. We are discussing ThickGirl's misuse of the word 'verbiage' in a second thread. And yet nobody bothered to catch her grammatical error in this one.
    So over it.

Petition to add individual board members' specific body parts to thinks we can like.
    What's a think Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Same thing if you ever like anything else on the net I suppose. A link will pop up under your things you recently "liked" and it will auto show up on your friends news feed.

I would love it if we could have "like" system on this board that has nothing to do with Facebook. There are a ton of great sarcastic comments I have wanted to "like" on this board.
    Making a sig is a way to like a comment. But having likes here is just another way for Facebook to gather data to feed us advertising, and that sucks.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Well, actually it's also a way for us to be able to easily share potentially useful links to our facebook friends who might not be on the board.

And the only kind of people who would use verbiage in that context are people who might have been told at some point in their life that it means "wording," but who've clearly never been around anyone intelligent enough to use it in sentences correctly and thus they never grasped the nuance of what it refers to. I used to see this a lot with the morons in my AP classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

What's a think Tom?
    The answer is in here somewhere.

Well, actually it's also a way for us to be able to easily share potentially useful links to our facebook friends who might not be on the board.

And the only kind of people who would use verbiage in that context are people who might have been told at some point in their life that it means "wording," but who've clearly never been around anyone intelligent enough to use it in sentences correctly and thus they never grasped the nuance of what it refers to. I used to see this a lot with the morons in my AP classes.
    Considering the high horse you place yourself on, and considering your own inflated ideas about yourself, I'll say this.
    If anyone had a chance to look at your pathetic excuse for a resume, I doubt they would have allowed you to teach anyone anything.

::shrug:: you can toss around whatever poor excuses for insults you have, my resume is grammatically flawless like everything I write. Thanks though.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

::shrug:: you can toss around whatever poor excuses for insults you have, my resume is grammatically flawless like everything I write. Thanks though.
    Randy, honestly- let's not play games. A twelve year old with a learning disability could have presented a better first impression. Not only are your statements grammatically flawed and incorrect but they are superficial and offensive. Get a tutor. And a therapist.

Look, I'm sorry that you didn't have smart parents or teachers around to provide a good example of word usage. English is a very difficult language, and what with you being Canadian you're already at a rather significant intellectual disadvantage. I think you should be proud of your... competent ability to form sentences that 99 percent of the populous would never notice was riddled with these minor issues.

Unfortunately, I got 99 problems and verbiage ain't one.

If you weren't so hellbent on refusing to admit that you're capable of having made a mistake, this conversation would have been over ages ago and you would have learned a valuable lesson. It's important when applying for new jobs to show that you can take criticism well and treat it as an opportunity to make yourself better, not shoot the messenger.

Randy, honestly- let's not play games. A twelve year old with a leaning disability
    Awesome.

It's important when applying for new jobs to show that you can take criticism well and treat it as an opportunity to make yourself better, not shoot the messenger.
    My sentiments exactly. And I ain't the one looking for work, bitch.

I'm not looking for work. I have a full time job, a personal side business, and a startup to deal with. I just like to have my resume up so that I get two to three calls every day from people eagerly trying to court me to come work for them so that I can make wild demands. Soon as one of them agrees to never complain at me no matter what time I show up at the office and it's no more than a five mile drive from my apartment and I can telecommute three days a week, I'll change jobs. Til then I'm fine, but thanks for your concern.

I'm not looking for work. I have a full time job, a personal side business, and a startup to deal with. I just like to have my resume up so that I get two to three calls every day from people eagerly trying to court me to come work for them so that I can make wild demands. Soon as one of them agrees to never complain at me no matter what time I show up at the office and it's no more than a five mile drive from my apartment and I can telecommute three days a week, I'll change jobs. Til then I'm fine, but thanks for your concern.
    Good luck with that.

I think you should be proud of your... competent ability to form sentences that 99 percent of the populous would never notice was riddled with these minor issues.
    Uh.

Luck's not really that important when you have tremendous abilities, are extremely attractive, and never misuse fifty cent words.

Have you ever had a job that actually involved you, you know, producing something useful? Like where you DID something instead of just apply a bunch of idiotic standards about proper cover letter and resume form and etiquette?