Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 497

Thread: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

  1. #331
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,263

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Secret Santa,

    Thanks for the mug and mix!



    Despite what you say, the collection of tunes on there is definitely NOT below average at all! I have spun it about three times already today and am really enjoying it. I mean how could I not, that Royal Tenenbaums song leading into "Pop that Thang" ?? That's the stuff of genius right there. This CD is going to be in my car stereo for a long, long time. And I can't wait to use this mug at work... I'd like to see those other dopes here try and use mine now! And however did you know that I liked Tetris?

    Thanks again, and Merry Christmas.

    -=4=-
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b


  2. #332
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Save your money - don't overnight it. Christmas isn't just a day, it's a season.
    Yeah, too late. I just want them to have it before Christmas regardless of shipping costs. They're worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  3. #333
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,222

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Too my recipient, I didn't wrap your gift. I ran out of present paper. But I did manage to cover it in beer stickers. Because nothing says Christmas like beer stickers. I'm hoping you get it sometime today. Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  4. #334
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    I just received my gift from EastLos01 aka Beto!

    I feel like I got spoiled with knick knacks:

    Reindeer Rubber Ducky
    A little cop car
    A handy dandy iphone stand (no more having to hold up the phone while whacking it)
    A finger duster thingy for cleaning off devices
    A funny looking pen holder/tape dispenser thing
    Night Before Xmas Book
    Paul Frank pins and stickers
    SILLY PUTTY
    GARBAGE PAIL KIDS card pack
    And a $25 gift card to the yard house.

    Fucking baller!
    I'll have a photo up tonight of my little package!
    Thank you very much Beto!

  5. #335
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,425

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Did you have a seven year old for your secret santa?

  6. #336
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,374

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  7. #337
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Post pics, Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  8. #338
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,525

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    please post them in a viewfinder view only.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  9. #339
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    You guys.

  10. #340
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,097

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    um, I think that gift is AWESOME! I love little things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  11. #341
    Member EastLos01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Urf is my Turf
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Did you have a seven year old for your secret santa?
    You're on Fire with the zingers aren't you gunz?

    Really glad you liked it Mug. Had a busy week with my father's services so It was a rushed job. All that stuff was just filler so you wouldn't just recieve an envelope with the gift card. Sorry I didn't have time to wrap it but I figured you'd appreciate there being less of a mess to throw away.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

    ---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

  12. #342
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    I'm just glad my secret santa didn't bail on me, I usually expect that with my behavior here. Or a lump of Coal.

    I will thoroughly enjoy the Yard House by getting as much booze as possible for the value of the gift card. I will then attempt to remember to make a timeline of my progression through the night. Nudes may be included.

  13. #343
    Member EastLos01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Urf is my Turf
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I will thoroughly enjoy the Yard House by getting as much booze as possible for the value of the gift card. I will then attempt to remember to make a timeline of my progression through the night. Nudes may be included.

    Now THAT should be turned into a viewfinder disc.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

    ---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

  14. #344
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,525

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    ha i just wanted to say viewfinder, i like the gift
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  15. #345
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,425

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Don't get me wrong that was in no way meant to trivilialize the awesomeness of the gift. Seven year olds are the best gift givers.

  16. #346
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    Now THAT should be turned into a viewfinder disc.
    well we can turn it into a slideshow on youtube....or something like this....Non-Celebrity Dream Date with Mugwog


    I really geeked over the garbagepail kids, 80s childhood nostalgia yum!

  17. #347
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,276

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    My partially incomplete gift was sent out today. Part 2 is forthcoming.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  18. #348
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Ok. So I failed to take a photo of the gift I received, because (a) boyfriend drama, (b) needing to fly out to Hawaii today, (c) me failing generally at life, but can I just talk about how awesome it is?!?

    So my gift was "relaxation" themed because lord knows that grad students need that. Especially perfectionistic high-strung ones such as myself. My gift consisted of the following:

    (1) A lovely vanilla-something-or-other-scented candle that I'm going to burn while taking long baths for some private sexytime while serenading myself with smooth jazz and reading the Twilight novels.

    (2) Some lovely loose leaf oolong tea from a Vancouver tea store that is HEAVENLY. I'm a little confused how black tea fits into the relaxation theme, because caffeine makes me some kind of crazy workaholic, but it will come in handy because after I have my private sexytime bath I'm going to need to be caffeine-fueled for a full on body-scrub-and-oil session russian spa style with those leaves they whip you with for increasing your circulation and everything.

    (3) HOLY SHIT THE MOST AMAZING APPLE CIDER-FLAVORED HANDMADE CARAMELS EVER. These things are amazing. And the bag said to share with my housemates but I'm not sure I can do it. Because holy awesome they are good. Apparently the recipe is from Smitten Kitchen, so I am going to have to scope it out and learn to make them myself once my initial supply runs out, because I may or may not be rapidly becoming addicted.

    and lastly and most wonderfully:

    (4) A handwritten letter from Reid the great from Vancouver! Who was so so sneaky that when I saw him in person the other week he didn't even breathe a word of this whole thing. So well played, Reid. You completely surprised me.

    THANK YOU!!

  19. #349
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,902

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    I'm waiting until Christmas to open mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  20. #350
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    That's really selfish amy.

  21. #351
    Member RedHotSgtPeppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    1,651

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    I just got my gift from Algunz!! I will post a photo once Imgur stops being retarded. Thanks Gunz!
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

  22. #352
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    I just got my gift from Algunz!! I will post a photo once Imgur stops being retarded. Thanks Gunz!
    Just left click on the FB pic you just posted and copy image onto here.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  23. #353
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,425

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    But that pic is not complete, unless I forgot to put something in there.

  24. #354
    Member fiopadp7791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Recipient-

    I procrastinated a lil much, so there might not be the most creativity with your gift(s), but I still think you'll like it. It supposedly is arriving tomorrow.

    Santa Pete (easily confused with Santa Butthead)
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

  25. #355
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,355

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Ok. So I failed to take a photo of the gift I received, because (a) boyfriend drama, (b) needing to fly out to Hawaii today, (c) me failing generally at life, but can I just talk about how awesome it is?!?

    So my gift was "relaxation" themed because lord knows that grad students need that. Especially perfectionistic high-strung ones such as myself. My gift consisted of the following:

    (1) A lovely vanilla-something-or-other-scented candle that I'm going to burn while taking long baths for some private sexytime while serenading myself with smooth jazz and reading the Twilight novels.

    (2) Some lovely loose leaf oolong tea from a Vancouver tea store that is HEAVENLY. I'm a little confused how black tea fits into the relaxation theme, because caffeine makes me some kind of crazy workaholic, but it will come in handy because after I have my private sexytime bath I'm going to need to be caffeine-fueled for a full on body-scrub-and-oil session russian spa style with those leaves they whip you with for increasing your circulation and everything.

    (3) HOLY SHIT THE MOST AMAZING APPLE CIDER-FLAVORED HANDMADE CARAMELS EVER. These things are amazing. And the bag said to share with my housemates but I'm not sure I can do it. Because holy awesome they are good. Apparently the recipe is from Smitten Kitchen, so I am going to have to scope it out and learn to make them myself once my initial supply runs out, because I may or may not be rapidly becoming addicted.

    and lastly and most wonderfully:

    (4) A handwritten letter from Reid the great from Vancouver! Who was so so sneaky that when I saw him in person the other week he didn't even breathe a word of this whole thing. So well played, Reid. You completely surprised me.

    THANK YOU!!
    I am so glad it made it to you before you flew out! They didn't have all that much in regards to herbal tea hence the choice for a black tea, that store is really great. I took a few liberties with the "relaxation" concept.

    On the Friday we met up I sent you a message seeing if you were free and I was thinking that the package wouldn't arrive to you in time so I was going to give it to you then and there. But I was impatient and thought you would be too busy so I just sent it out, I get back from the Post Office and then I found out you were free! But since you got it in time it all worked out! The Smitten Kitchen is pretty great, I am glad you enjoyed the caramels!

    Anyways, you are welcome and I hope everything comes in handy in your hectic grad school life.

    P.S. Thanks for the lunch!

  26. #356
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,425

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    But that pic is not complete, unless I forgot to put something in there.
    Where are your Keith Haring condoms?

  27. #357
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    If my recipient hasn't gotten theirs yet I get my money back. Overnight was a 3pm guarantee! Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  28. #358
    Member EastLos01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Urf is my Turf
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    If my recipient hasn't gotten theirs yet I get my money back. Overnight was a 3pm guarantee! Yes!
    Funny you say that. I work in Shipping, and you have no idea how many times I've said that out loud.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

    ---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

  29. #359
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,525

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    gift is finally finished and packed. so sorry for the delay, recipient! i will mail out tomorrow. hopefully you'll get it by new years
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  30. #360
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,222

    Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

    DEAR RECIPIENT. YOUR PACKAGE IS AT YOUR LOCAL FACILITY. I am gonna assume that it didn't make it because of shitty weather. Tomorrow maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Similar Threads

  1. The 2011 Secret Santa Thread -- ATP Style
    By captncrzy in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 514
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:01 AM
  2. The 2010 Secret Santa Thread
    By captncrzy in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM
  3. The 2009 Secret Santa Thread
    By amyzzz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 728
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 10:29 AM
  4. The 2008 Secret Santa Thread
    By amyzzz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 688
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •