2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    OB, I am so glad you like it. I was a little concerned (as I always am when giving gifts) that it might be a little cheesy, or lame. I love to give, but I'm not always confident that it's the right thing. I was going to add puzzle glue but I didn't want to delay the package, as I have been short on time lately. Let me know if the glue is something you would use and I will get that out to you. Merry Christmas. (Christina is my wife, she doesn't post. The messy name was mine, Mario.)
    You're wife has beautiful penmanship, just sayin! And I specifically mentioned a puzzle in my tell-all, so I was very pleased you chose that. Even more pleased with the photo I was lucky enough to piece together.
    Mario, I am actually not a fan of the puzzle glue stuff. I prefer to revisit my puzzles over and over again, but thank you for the offer. The more I do the puzzle, the faster I get at it!

Again, thank you thank you thank you.

You're very welcome.

And yeah, she gets complemented quite often. I'm sure it looks that much better next to my jumbled mess. HA!

THANK YOU, LILIA!!

My drunk ass apparently didn't see the giant box when I got home last night, so it was a nice surprise this morning. There was so much stuff to unwrap that I ended up being super late to work.

I laughed over the card because it's so Asian. hehehe.

You can bet your ass that this bacon spread is making it to the Christmas appetizer table! The penguin ornament was a pleasant added cuteness to it all. It's sitting very pretty on the mantle (because we don't have a tree).

THE BEER! I can't wait to drink these! I love blonde and pale ales. The Scuttlebutt will be the first one I try. I wonder if I'll be able to resist drinking these until Christmas.
    Last edited by Robin; 12-19-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Yay I'm so glad that you received your package, Robin. That is so funny that you didn't even see it when you got home last night. Sorry you were late to work - I thought about it after I shipped it off that maybe I overdid it with the packing, I got carried away with the bubble wrap and packing tape. Happy you enjoy everything. I thought it would be a nice treat to receive some things from my neck of the woods!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I still would like to know who I should thank for my gift... anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Yay I'm so glad that you received your package, Robin. That is so funny that you didn't even see it when you got home last night. Sorry you were late to work - I thought about it after I shipped it off that maybe I overdid it with the packing, I got carried away with the bubble wrap and packing tape. Happy you enjoy everything. I thought it would be a nice treat to receive some things from my neck of the woods!
    It's a very nice treat! Thank you again!
    I will admit that there was a lot of stuffing in the box, and getting the beers out of the bubble wrap was no easy feat when hungover. However, it was worth the effort. My excitement kept growing with each beer that I unwrapped. My only fear now is that I'm going to LOVE these beers and then get sad because I can't get them around here.

If there are any you end up loving, check out Total Wine - maybe they will have them. If not, just PM me and I can send some down your way! I'd be way down for beer exchanges considering your proximity to some amazing breweries.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Is there a thread for beer exchanges? Secret Santa beer exchanges all year round. That would be exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Is there a thread for beer exchanges? Secret Santa beer exchanges all year round. That would be exciting.
    I would be down for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

I am sad I didn't join this thread, looking at all the great stuff you received. The puzzle that Marooko made was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I wen to outside to get my package from Amazon and, lo and behold, there was a familiar-shaped box waiting for me from SLC! Thanks so much Mitch!

Mitch had three things in the box, all of which are great-A personalized christmas card (I hope I can make it to Coachella as well!), Pavement's Watery Domestic Ep (which is one of two Pavement releases I truly love that I didn't own) and the biggest highlight, Husker Du's Eight Miles High 7". I'm going to play that thing into the ground!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Also, what's your favorite Pavement song? All four of them on that release are great.

Aw, yeah! So glad you like/don't own the records. I agree that all four tracks on that ep are aces, but "Frontwards" is perhaps my favorite Pavement song, period. Merry Christmas, man.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Like is an understatement. I've already spun Eight Miles High four times!

I got my gift! So awesome! Will elaborate/ post photos later.

So, I feel like an asshole... I tried to mail my gift today (shipping to Canada is a bitch), and the Post Office wouldn't take it cause of what I'm sending. I have to go through UPS or FedEx, so I'll be shipping it tomorrow hopefully, given it doesn't cost a ton to ship.

Many apologies to my recipient.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

thanks to redhotsgtpeppers for being a bigger asshole than me. i shipped mine out today via the post office. estimated arrival is friday. my apologies to my recipient. and i did receive my gift from cory/FEELS yesterday. thanks for the book Exit Music: The Radiohead Story(updated edition). pics to follow once i find my fucking camera cord
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

You're welcome dude! I hope you like it

And speaking of Pavement a couple posts above.. I received this awesome Pavement shirt from Geno_g today! Thanks so much man, one of my favorite bands and I've always wanted one of their shirts!

Snapshot_20121219_7.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh snap! I came home tonight to a package all the way from Vancouver! Ragepatton sent me some awesome vinyl and a lovely note as well. I no longer have a record player but I do have a vinyl collection and I'm always excited to add more. I coerce other people with record players to play stuff for me all the time

Japandroids - The House The Heaven Built (on clear vinyl!) - the best part about this is that one of my favorite festival sets ever was seeing them play from the rail at Sasquatch in 2010. And one of my favorite memories of that set was seeing Josh to the left of me going at it in the mosh pit. Also the B side is a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds cover of "Jack The Ripper."

Needles//Pins - Getting On Home/Picture My Face - a local power/pop/punk Vancouver band that Josh supports. I love being introduced to new bands by all of ya'll so this is awesome.

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime/Rudolph The Red Nose Reggae - HA! Adorable.

Thanks so much, Josh. I'm bringing all of these to our next record club on Saturday and will post pictures and report back.
    Just noticed you got your gift and I am so glad you like it! I am sorry you don't have a record player any more, but you say you are still a collector, so I guess it all works out in the end haha. Definitely let me know what you think of the Needles//Pins 7". I will be honest, I haven't heard those 2 songs before... but every other song I know from them is killer, so I am sure those 2 songs will be no different. And that reggae Paul McCartney Christmas song...?

Merry Christmas, Cara!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    And speaking of Pavement a couple posts above.. I received this awesome Pavement shirt from Geno_g today! Thanks so much man, one of my favorite bands and I've always wanted one of their shirts!

Snapshot_20121219_7.JPG
    You are welcome and happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post

Snapshot_20121219_7.JPG

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I should have gotten my Amazon gift in the mail so I can send out for tomorrow. I was going to overnight it for a Saturday arrival. It was only like 1/3 of the present but it was something I wanted to include. I don't know if I should just overnight it Saturday and have it arrive to my person the day after or just send it tomorrow and send the missing link whenever I can. Either way I want to overnight it.

Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Also, Recipient: The box was about a half inch too tall, and 2" too long.... I wasn't willing to spend $30 for shipping, so I literally crushed it into the "pack anything box". I promise it did look so pretty. But with all the punching and stress and post office employees yelling at me, I may have crushed/broken items. If so, I'll replace them. I lay my head down in shame. I fucking fail at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Attachment 8486

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I, too, came home to presents!!!! I had a wonderful card but my SS didn't sign their name I loved the note, and thank you for the congratulations on the engagement

I received
    1. a DIY bath bomb kit
    2. non breakable champagne flutes
    3. a starbucks gift card

I am so excited about the bath bombs! I always get them from LUSH so I am stoked to make my own and play with the smells and colors!!!!! Thank you so much, please tell me who you are
    Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I still would like to know who I should thank for my gift... anyone?
    I thought it would've been fairly obvious, so maybe I was sneakier than I thought. hehehe my bad. CLUES: I believe Noir and I are the only ones from SLC in the exchange and I did put my PO Box address on the return label. Bath bombs = girl and I've lurked enough to know you got engaged!

How did the present turn out? Like I said above, I literally jammed that fucker into the box, so I'm hoping it didn't turn out to be a complete cluster.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I thought last night was Thursday so there's still hope..
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I thought it would've been fairly obvious, so maybe I was sneakier than I thought. hehehe my bad. CLUES: I believe Noir and I are the only ones from SLC in the exchange and I did put my PO Box address on the return label. Bath bombs = girl and I've lurked enough to know you got engaged!

How did the present turn out? Like I said above, I literally jammed that fucker into the box, so I'm hoping it didn't turn out to be a complete cluster.
    hahahaha I knew it was a girl, from the gift and from the writing... but I wasn't sure who was from UT. I went back and looked at a lot of peoples locations on here, but I somehow missed yours!!! Thank you SO SO SO much, I love it! Everything looked just fine inside. I haven't played with it yet(short of smelling all the different ingredients), but when I get back in town from the holidays I for sure will be! I can't wait, it seems like a real blast. Thank you again!!!!! I really do love it

Any chance that you are going weekend 2 this year? I wish we could go weekend 1 but we have Vb that weekend. If you are, let's have a beer together
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Also, Recipient: The box was about a half inch too tall, and 2" too long.... I wasn't willing to spend $30 for shipping, so I literally crushed it into the "pack anything box".
    Haaa. So when I sent my gift the other day, I actually did exactly the same thing. I serious hope it arrives ok. I did use enough bubblewrap and shipping tape to supply a small army, so I have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I should have gotten my Amazon gift in the mail so I can send out for tomorrow. I was going to overnight it for a Saturday arrival. It was only like 1/3 of the present but it was something I wanted to include. I don't know if I should just overnight it Saturday and have it arrive to my person the day after or just send it tomorrow and send the missing link whenever I can. Either way I want to overnight it.

Damn
    Save your money - don't overnight it. Christmas isn't just a day, it's a season.

Dear Recipient,

With all the fancy gift-wrapping happening in this thread, I want to clarify that the reason your gift isn't technically wrapped has more to do with what it is than it does with my admittedly ham-fisted wrapping skills. I do suck at wrapping, but I had to do it the way I did because...you'll see.

yr pal,

Santafly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.