Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

Hey Santee, I finally got your final item in today from Amazonian and now its time to wrap it all fancy, insert the drugs and send it off to you!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    ship it NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15.
    I beat the buzzer and sent it out this past Saturday... hopefully it makes it to my recipient in time for Christmas, even though it has a long way to go. Hope you enjoy!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Oh snap! I came home tonight to a package all the way from Vancouver! Ragepatton sent me some awesome vinyl and a lovely note as well. I no longer have a record player but I do have a vinyl collection and I'm always excited to add more. I coerce other people with record players to play stuff for me all the time

Japandroids - The House The Heaven Built (on clear vinyl!) - the best part about this is that one of my favorite festival sets ever was seeing them play from the rail at Sasquatch in 2010. And one of my favorite memories of that set was seeing Josh to the left of me going at it in the mosh pit. Also the B side is a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds cover of "Jack The Ripper."

Needles//Pins - Getting On Home/Picture My Face - a local power/pop/punk Vancouver band that Josh supports. I love being introduced to new bands by all of ya'll so this is awesome.

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime/Rudolph The Red Nose Reggae - HA! Adorable.

Thanks so much, Josh. I'm bringing all of these to our next record club on Saturday and will post pictures and report back.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Robin was my secret Santa, and wow she got me some great stuff! It actually caught me by surprise because of the Amazon tape on it, as a bunch of things I ordered from them showed up today at the same time. Along with the blue version of the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack reissue, Robin was nice enough to also incude some Italian Roast coffee and a bunch of homemade cookies! Thanks so much Robin, and if you're going to Weekend 1 this year we should say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

SS 2.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I, too, came home to presents!!!! I had a wonderful card but my SS didn't sign their name I loved the note, and thank you for the congratulations on the engagement

I received
    1. a DIY bath bomb kit
    2. non breakable champagne flutes
    3. a starbucks gift card

I am so excited about the bath bombs! I always get them from LUSH so I am stoked to make my own and play with the smells and colors!!!!! Thank you so much, please tell me who you are
    Last edited by ENluv12; 12-17-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

These are some amazing gifts from board people. You've outdone yourself.

I, Also, came home to some wonderful things in the mail! PRESENTSSSS! Thank you to Jacy for the lovely Radiohead shirt from the Roseland Ballroom show in 2011...

...And for the Depeche Mode Strangelove Single.

As you can see, I've already got it spinning as this will be a vinyl listening night. Thank you Xs 1,000,000. they are so wonderful!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    wow each gift was individually wrapped. very nice. I still don't know who my secret santa is? It was shipped out from bestbuy?
    That would be me.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

YAY! I am so glad that you liked it!!!! I got the shirt because you said you liked green and black, I hope that you didn't already have it?

I was not sure if you liked Depeche Mode or not, but that is why I framed it... I think they make cool wall art, too
    Glad you like it!1
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Again, thank you soo much. I'm enjoying the single right now and probably will be doing so for the next few days, so I'm not sure I'll be hanging it up just yet. But I do love the album cover, so it will be going up. So fantastic!
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

I am glad that you are loving it!! My fiance helped out quite a bit and I really trust his taste in the 80's bands

I've never been huge on Depeche Mode but I do know that I've got some homework ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Robin was my secret Santa, and wow she got me some great stuff! It actually caught me by surprise because of the Amazon tape on it, as a bunch of things I ordered from them showed up today at the same time. Along with the blue version of the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack reissue, Robin was nice enough to also incude some Italian Roast coffee and a bunch of homemade cookies! Thanks so much Robin, and if you're going to Weekend 1 this year we should say hi!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...ps8c0a160f.jpg
    Holy crap, they shipped it fast! I sent it out on Saturday.
    I was anxious to hear which color you got for the soundtrack. I was soooo tempted to open it. Lol.
    The coffee is from a local shop up here. It's my favorite. I brew it every morning, so I hope you like it too. I also hope that you have a coffee grinder.
    I'm definitely going weekend 1. Let's have a beer!

edit: By the way, I was still a little sick when I baked the cookies on Friday. If you happen to get sick right before the holidays, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Last edited by Robin; 12-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I've never been huge on Depeche Mode but I do know that I've got some homework ahead of me
    That's white people sexy music you've been missinf

Sorry recipient, mine was delayed shipping a few days because the local place's trucks were stuck in the snow. I'm almost certain you're going to love it though, and if you're a vegetarian and I didn't get that from the message, let me know and I'll make good.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Sorry recipient, mine was delayed shipping a few days because the local place's trucks were stuck in the snow. I'm almost certain you're going to love it though, and if you're a vegetarian and I didn't get that from the message, let me know and I'll make good.
    Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Did you get bags of coke? LUCKY!

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

It secretly annoys the piss out of me that nowadays you have to go back and rethink things wondering whether or not the gift you got somebody is useless because there's actually a good chance they might be a fucking vegetarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Nobody wants to eat your meat anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    It secretly annoys the piss out of me that nowadays you have to go back and rethink things wondering whether or not the gift you got somebody is useless because there's actually a good chance they might be a fucking vegetarian.
    Or a vagitarian.

Dearest Recipient:

I plan on shipping your gift tomorrow December 15th. Life has been crazy with this awful semester (hence why I have not posted on here much these last few months). I hope it arrives in one piece... It is very fragile. If, for whatever reason, it gets broken, I will happily send a replacement gift.

Sincerely,
    Logan
    Last edited by RedHotSgtPeppers; 12-17-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Okay, the names were listed inside a card (Christina? & I don't have the card with me, I'll edit this part) but I'm not familiar without the boardie names.

I cannot express how happy I was when I shook the box and guessed it was a puzzle. I was even more thrilled to find out the ingenuity of it. It's a create-your-own-puzzle, but with my mentioned Goldfrapp!!! Alison Goldfrapp in the iTunes London, 2010 performance. Ooooh, I've never received a puzzle like this before and I could barely resist tearing it open and immediately getting to work.

I was trying to be impressive by clocking my time, but I didn't realize how difficult the puzzle was actually going to be. I think I stopped counting at 3 hours, but that's GOOD! I love a good challenge.

And, all finished

Thank you so very much secret santa! I will always think of you when I pull out the puzzle.

Holy fuck that is awesome.

I see from Amazon that part one of my gift has been delivered to my recipient. Strangely part two has not been shipped.. I will track that down today.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

part of what i ordered hasn't arrived yet, so i can't ship mein until it does. sorry if it does not arrive in time for xmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I wanna know who my santa is!!!!

Gunz, that was my first thought and got all excited, then realized that it was waaaaaaaaaaay tooooo much. I am really excited to make my own bath bombs though

OB - That is such an awesome gift! I'm a bit jealous.

OB, I am so glad you like it. I was a little concerned (as I always am when giving gifts) that it might be a little cheesy, or lame. I love to give, but I'm not always confident that it's the right thing. I was going to add puzzle glue but I didn't want to delay the package, as I have been short on time lately. Let me know if the glue is something you would use and I will get that out to you. Merry Christmas. (Christina is my wife, she doesn't post. The messy name was mine, Mario.)

that puzzle is amazing, awesome gift!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/16 Massive Attack@Greek - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Yes, the puzzle is a brilliant idea. I've got part of my shopping done now for the next holiday season. Thanks Maroo for the inspiration.