Page 1 of 17 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

Default 2012 Secret Santa Thread

This is the annual 2012 Secret Santa thread for whomever wants to participate.

WHAT TO DO:

1) Send an email to: captncrzy@yahoo.com with your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS. I will take on the responsibility of curating your Santa assignment; who you will be assigned to will be based on how irritated I am on the given day; you will not know who your Santa is until your gift arrives. If you absolutely don't want to be assigned to someone (maybe because you're friends with them IRL), let me know in the email.

2) Answer the questions below and post them. Your Santa will refer back to your post when he/she is trying to figure out what to get you.

3) Your Santa assignment will be sent to you on NOVEMBER 21 (in time for Black Friday). Once you discover who you are going to be Santa for, just check this thread to see what that person likes. DO NOT POST WHO YOU WILL BE A SANTA FOR.

4) Buy a gift accordingly and ship it NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15. Keep your gift in the $20 range. Be creative! See the awesomeness in past threads.

5) Don't be an asshole. If you sign up, don't leave someone hanging.

6) No n00bs. Sorry. If we’re going to be handing out other people’s names and addresses, we sort of need to know you. Some of these ladies around here don’t need another stalker. You must either a) have a post count of 500 b) have a member vouch for you

QUESTIONNAIRE: (Please copy and paste into a post of your own, and answer the questions as best you can).

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What is your T-shirt size?

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)?

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose?

5) What movies do you like?

6) What eating establishments do you like?

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like?

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in

9) What are your sports teams?

10) What else do you want Santa to know?

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-09-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: 2012 Secret Santa Thread

This is a blast every year and i've lucked out with some great gifts from awesome board members! Thanks for keeping the tradition going.

1) What is your favorite color? Brown (Blue sometimes...i'm really not that picky, just no pink or neon)

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Dragons.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I don't do a lot of downloading, so if there's any interesting IAMX or Garbage bootlegs, that would be cool. I never heard the unreleased version of Fiona's 3rd album until I got it from someone in a Secret Santa package. One of my favorite things ever.

5) What movies do you like? Alien/Aliens, Clueless, Star Wars and LOTR.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Del Taco is the best for late nights after a show (In n Out too, but it's usually too packed). I like Corner bakery, Baja Fresh and Subway for quick eats.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Raw almonds.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in. Coachella message boarding, music shopping (Amoeba and Rhino Records!) and concert going.

9) What are your sports teams? ewwwww.

10) What else do you want Santa to know? Been reading a lot lately, so if there's a book you love, feel free to pass along. I'm a fantasy (read all the Game of Thrones series, Sookie Stackhouse books, rereading the Hobbit right now), horror (zombies, vampires, wolves, ghosts, demons, you name it, i love it.) and comic book (X-men, JLA, Veritgo) fan.

Thanks in advance Secret Santa!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    This is a blast every year and i've lucked out with some great gifts from awesome board members! Thanks for keeping the tradition going.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I don't do a lot of downloading, so if there's any interesting IAMX or Garbage bootlegs, that would be cool. I never heard the unreleased version of Fiona's 3rd album until I got it from someone in a Secret Santa package. One of my favorite things ever.

Thanks in advance Secret Santa!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

rainbow, orange, silver

medium in regular t-shirts, large/x-large in women's style t-shirts

dinosaurs

ben folds five (duh), fiona apple, radiohead, nine inch nails

tombstone, star wars, rushmore, christmas vacation

i'm trying to avoid eating out, but i like to try local establishments. i am a meat & potatoes/tortillas kind of gal

no food please, i live in an apartment and sometimes they leave my package outside. it gets pretty hot in az. but thank you.

walking, hiking, rock band, baking, bicycling, crafts, playing the trumpet

the ones that aren't on television while i'm eating at a restaurant

i'm pretty easy to shop for, someone like rotationslimwang or IFA could probably give good advice i like to bake and always love unique items such as specially shaped pans or measuring cups/spoons. also, i collect VINTAGE lunchboxes. no new ones please, they just go in a box in my shed as i have no more room in my kitchen lol.
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 11-08-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Hey, I should also mention that you need to include your board name in your email, doofuses.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

you should have to guess...

a game within a game !!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Hey, I should also mention that you need to include your board name in your email, doofuses.
    Well, mine technically is...

1) What is your favorite color? Blue, Black

2) What is your T-shirt size? Women's medium/Men's small

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Penguins

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Spring Heeled Jack USA, Dropkick Murphys, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Less Than Jake

edit: I really don't like CDs, FYI. I've been searching high and low for a SHJ shirt, but pretty sure they haven't been made in years, if any were ever made.

5) What movies do you like? Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Boondock Saints, Stanley Kubrick, Will Ferrell comedies

6) What eating establishments do you like? Homeroom Mac n Cheese, La Pinata, Iguanas, Gordon Biersch, Carl's Jr.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Cheese and crackers

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Drinking a lot at a dive bar. Texas Hold 'em Poker. Billiards. I always have a frisbee in my car. I suck at it, but it's always a lot of fun when it's taken out.

9) What are your sports teams? Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Steelers

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I like making fun of Asian stereotypes whenever the opportunity to do so arises.
    If my Santa is from New England, some Otter Creek Pale Ale would be AMAZING! Yuengling would also be amazing!
    Last edited by Robin; 11-21-2012 at 08:48 AM.

I see no rules against dildos this year....crossing fingers for the Cthulhu dildo

1) What is your favorite color? Forest green w darks or red and white

2) What is your T-shirt size? Medium

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)?Lemur

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? NIN

5) What movies do you like? Cohen Brothers, Tarintino, Documentaries, nature videos with great whites!

6) What eating establishments do you like?Yardhouse or any place with good beer selection; Bossa Nova

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Uncle Eddies Vegan Cookies, Maui sweet onion chips

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Responsible Internet discussions, video/photography, hippie crystals(PCP/Ketamine) & enjoying soft items

9) What are your sports teams? What is sports?

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I enjoy knick knacks, unique desk pieces, nude pics of Menik, preferably framed
    Last edited by Mugwog; 11-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.

pink and black, I also love stripes and polka dots

Women L-XL
    If it is a tight fit I would need an XL, but just a regular T-shirt a L is fine.

Pandas!!! and unicorns

Florence and the Machine

Snatch, The Shawshank redemption, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, serenity, pulp fiction, Star wars, lord of the rings, harry potter (don't judge!) I should add that I own all these movies, just an idea of what I actually like

In and Out, subway, huge Starbucks fan, Panera

I am not a huge candy fan, I guess my favorite would be Swedish fish. I like salty snacks more. Chex mix or chips, things like that.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in?
    Disneyland, volleyball, the boards, shows, the San Diego zoo, reading ( I love all things fantasy), and the occasional legos video game.

Colts

I am always interested in learning something new. I love going to Barnes and Noble, the random things they have are fun. I love colorful things, neon, rainbow etc. I mentioned before I am a big Disney fan, too
    I really like sephora and lush.
    Last edited by ENluv12; 11-08-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Earth tones

Large

Dogs. If I were to get something with an animal on it, I would go with a giraffe or monkey

Been on a GY!BE kick lately

All

Taco Bell

Good chocolate

Frisbee golf and skiing

MN Twins

I accept nudes

I think some floaties would be good for Jeff. Helps him swim thru crowds of people.

Navy Blue

XXL

Penguin

RATM, Glenn Miller, Stray Cats, Motley Crue, Johnny Cash

Star Wars IV V VI, Nolan's Batman series, Zoot Suit, Almost anything Tarantino, A Christmas Story, Kevin Smith's Red State.

Buffflo Wild Wings, Hooters, Olive Garden

cashews and cheese

Swing Dance with some ballroom scattered in, Boards, Concerts, Coach Sports, Pubs, Sports

Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Oakland Raiders, Los Angeles Dodgers, los Angeles Clippers, West Ham United, Aguilas De America

I've been Naughty in the best possible way. I Love The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. I'm Fighting the good Fitchella fight.
    Last edited by EastLos01; 11-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Red.

Medium.
    I like cats. Like house cats. Not lions or some shit.
    Radiohead. NINJA EDIT: I collect vinyls, and I am missing OK Computer and Hail to the Thief.
    Kevin Smith movies, concerts on BluRay, any sort of mockumentary.
    Buffalo Wild Wings comes to mind.
    Anything sour.
    Playing guitar/bass, video games (Nintendo 3DS, Wii, and PS3), and books.
    The I Don't Give A Fuck About Sports team.
    Anything video game related (especially Zelda and Metroid related) is a sure-fire winner. Especially shirts. Nerdy shirts are good. Vinyls are good too.
    Last edited by RedHotSgtPeppers; 11-08-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

what are "coach sports"?

1) What is your favorite color? orange, purple, green, periwinkle blue, STRIPES

2) What is your T-shirt size? M

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? pigs

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Grizzly Bear, Tame Impala

5) What movies do you like? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, Baraka, Samsara

6) What eating establishments do you like? Del Taco, Five Guys, In and Out

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Starburst Fave-red or regular flavor, Nerds, pricey chocolates like Godiva

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? reading sci-fi and classic books, if you are knowledgable about that or have a favorite book you really like, please get me a copy. If you can find it, I would really like a shirt in neat colors by Grizzly Bear or Tame Impala.

9) What are your sports teams? I'm anti-sports

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I like fingerless gloves and knee high socks, so you you see any cool stripey patterns, something with pigs or unicorns on it, that's cool. I also like Adventuretime merch.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Awesome, i'm glad you still remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    what are "coach sports"?
    Cornhole, frisbee in the inspection line and beer pong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Cornhole, frisbee in the inspection line and beer pong.
    gotcha, bro sports

1) What is your favorite color? Rainbow, purple, light blue

2) What is your T-shirt size? XL

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Any rodent

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Surprsie me.

5) What movies do you like? Gay theme

6) What eating establishments do you like? McDonalds

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Chocolate anything.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? NASCAR, concerts

9) What are your sports teams? Jeff Gordon, Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, Northwestern University Wildcats, University of Wyoming Cowboys

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I've been a very bad boy.

I'm in.

1) What is your favorite color? Green, unless it's blue.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Charles in Charge Large.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Small, yappy dogs. If we're talking about favorite animal to punt off of a bridge, that is. I don't want a T-shirt with a wolf on it, if that's what you're asking. I've already been emasculated enough.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Something really obscure and shoegazy from Japan, that way I can pretend they're the next big thing and my moronic friends won't know shit about them.

5) What movies do you like? Wes Anderson is my favorite director, but I've always had a soft spot for Kung Fu and cheesy shoot-em-ups.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Ones that feature bacon. Or steak.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Beer.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in Noting when people leave out question marks in questions is my #1 hobby.

9) What are your sports teams? Reds, Saints, Trailblazers, Coyotes. Don't ask why.

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I've been pretty good this year but understand if I get coal again.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Guilty, as charged.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I'm kinda new around here but most of you should know me by now.

1) What is your favorite color? Black, Grey, Blue

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)?Wolf, Buffalo

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Led Zep, Tame Impala, Radiohead

5) What movies do you like?Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Tarrentino and anything trippy

6) What eating establishments do you like?Anywhere with a great beer selection

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like?Sunflower seeds

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in Ganja, listening to/creating music and going to shows, graphic design, excercise, internet debauchery

9) What are your sports teams? Lakers, Angels, Chargers, Arsenal, UCLA

10) What else do you want Santa to know? I'm a mouth breather and I love fuzzy stuff
    Last edited by SepaGroove; 11-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    what are "coach sports"?
    Sorry, guess that didn't make sense huh? I coach a variety of sports for L.A. Parks and Rec.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

All in.

Purple

Excel

Unicorn, narwhal, subway rat

The Blur, the LCD Soundsystem, the Beatles, the Curtis Mayfield, the Beachwood Sparks

Annie Hall, Star Wars, almost anything with Peter Sellers

I try to keep it local. Crif Dogs, Mission Chinese, Brooklyn Label, Jimmy's Diner, etc...

British chocolates, hard cider

Curmudgeonry, skulking around record and book shops

Aston Villa, New York Knicks, New York Yankees, Brooklyn Nets

Space is the place
    Last edited by stuporfly; 11-28-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Blues and greens are fantastic, but black is great as well.

If it's a preshrunk then large, if not than more of an extra large.

Cats and ferrets.

Radiohead, GY!BE, Lightning Bolt, My Bloody Valentine or Red Fang

Anything with Bill Murray or anything by Paul Thomas Anderson.

The Brewhouse in Santa Barbara. Otherwise it's Subway and Bevmo.

A well crafted trippel or IPA along with some fresh cut salami. That and Skittles.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in?
    Being a typical smart ass, drinking, riding my bike, and going to pet stores.

I don't really pay too much attention but I would go with Giants or Athletics.

I do have a vinyl collection that could always use some more love. That and that I am trying to sneak a ferret into California sometime in the near future.
    Last edited by Drewski27; 11-15-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

1) What is your favorite color? Blues and Greens and Grays

2) What is your T-shirt size? Women's Medium.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Pelican, motherfucker.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? The Apples in Stereo, other bands I like. Anything celebrating 303 or 808.

5) What movies do you like? Dazed and Confused. How to Train Your Dragon.

6) What eating establishments do you like? I received gift certificates to eateries the last 2 years and I'd rather not this year.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? SHARKIES

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? WHEN IN DOUBT DANCE IT OUT

9) What are your sports teams? NO

10) What else do you want Santa to know? DON'T WANT NO SHORT DICK MAN. Oh, but you know what, I really need a CD case for my car because my car only has a CD player so I've burned a lot of CDs and they are all just super loose throughout my car and I'd like it to be more organized.
    Last edited by guedita; 11-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

black, blue

XXL

monkey

Fever Ray, Nisennenmondai

snuff

locally, I tend to gravitate towards anywhere with great burgers or barbecue wherever I may be. if we're talking about national chains, then Chili's, The Counter, Cheesecake Factory.

beer, doritos, oreos, shrooms, chocolate (especially Cadbury dairy milk bars from the UK)

going to shows and festivals, video games, books, collecting records

none

Not sure if I've been good or bad. I've also been neglecting my collection and wishlist this year.
    Last edited by Boourns; 11-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post

xxx
    I have no email from you

You've got mail!

Black and blue of any hue

I tend to wear large, as I'm in charge.

I've got enough things with pets, I'm all set. But lil bub is animal supreme, king of the meme.

Metz. Fuck you if you expect them to rhyme with anything. Or Olivia Tremor Control.

Surprise me with something horror, post-apocalyptic or indie.

Places where meats can be smoked and eaten.

Beer.

Mostly posting on the message board, going to concerts, playing guitar. Oh, and law-ing.

Dodgers and UCLA

Beer, meat and music: I'm easy to figure out santa. I also love records, and keep a list of everything I own. Convenient!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Black, grey, blue.

Large

Pygmy hippopotamus

If the screen name didn't give it away...

Music documentaries (think Fearless Freaks or the Classic Album series); anything about soccer; adultswim shows like SuperJail, Tim and Eric, etc. (although I guess these aren't really movies).

In-n-Out would be the most widely-found chain

Dark chocolate, Chex Mix, any cheese-related snack

Reading (love those 33 1/3 books, or anything music related), collecting vinyl, going to concerts, soccer, coffee.

Arsenal FC, LA Dodgers

Remember to have fun!
    Last edited by nosurprises12; 11-12-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.