Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Daft Punk 2013

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013

My Dad's older, though.
    fuck.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    God you people are so fucking illiterate and illogical. Stupidity must be criterion 1 for being a DP fan.

someone has taken "they're working on a light show" and interpreted it as "the greatest spectacle ever seen at a concert". That's just plain fucking stupid. But I hope it's true, you all will need something to distract you from the stupid fucking simpleton crap coming out of the speakers.
    ... the last thing they did was the greatest spectacle ever seen at a concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

At least that opinion is based on observation and not speculation.

At least that opinion is based on observation and not speculation.
    Serious question, Tom -

Is it Daft Punk's music or people's inability to ever shut the fuck up about Daft Punk on these boards that makes you dislike Daft Punk so much?
    fuck.

God you people are so fucking illiterate and illogical. Stupidity must be criterion 1 for being a DP fan.

someone has taken "they're working on a light show" and interpreted it as "the greatest spectacle ever seen at a concert". That's just plain fucking stupid. But I hope it's true, you all will need something to distract you from the stupid fucking simpleton crap coming out of the speakers.

But on the plus side, it bothers you so much.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Amyzzzzzz: Convinced
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Amyzzzzzz: Convinced
    NO I AM NOT CONVINCED. I swear to god I am only hoping for/relying on the Stones Roses and that is all my heart can bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    ... the last thing they did was the greatest spectacle ever seen at a concert.
    THIS ^^^^^

I guess this would be my argument, Tom--while I totally understand how annoying it must be to be on this board if you don't like the one band who gets talked about the most and in the stupidest of fashions, and I can completely relate to just not giving a fuck about that kind of music and thinking it's moronic to be entranced by pretty lights and computer sounds...

What they did last time was not just some cheesy rave light show. That shit was ART. I'm pretty critical especially if I feel like someone's trying to cover up their bullshit with a bunch of smoke and mirrors (coughRogerWaterscough), but I have seen every form of light show combustion known to man and what those fuckers created goes beyond any of it. It was... beautiful. Like really stunningly beautiful, not just a bunch of fucking lasers shooting around or a big swirly "cool" visual. There was a design and a concept at work, you could see it, and if they play I really hope you'll hang around to watch at least a couple minutes just because I think you might be surprised how much better it translates than any video can convey. I did NOT fucking like those guys, not one bit. It was fucking cheesy house music that had annoyed the shit out of me through bars over the years.

But that goddamn pyramid was some BRILLIANCE level shit. Believe that.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

How hard were you rolling?

goddamnit. I never got a drug experience with dp. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    How hard were you rolling?
    That is neither here nor there.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Kidzzz
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Serious question, Tom -

Is it Daft Punk's music or people's inability to ever shut the fuck up about Daft Punk on these boards that makes you dislike Daft Punk so much?
    This is precisely why I hate Radiohead so much
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I guess this would be my argument, Tom--while I totally understand how annoying it must be to be on this board if you don't like the one band who gets talked about the most and in the stupidest of fashions, and I can completely relate to just not giving a fuck about that kind of music and thinking it's moronic to be entranced by pretty lights and computer sounds...

What they did last time was not just some cheesy rave light show. That shit was ART. I'm pretty critical especially if I feel like someone's trying to cover up their bullshit with a bunch of smoke and mirrors (coughRogerWaterscough), but I have seen every form of light show combustion known to man and what those fuckers created goes beyond any of it. It was... beautiful. Like really stunningly beautiful, not just a bunch of fucking lasers shooting around or a big swirly "cool" visual. There was a design and a concept at work, you could see it, and if they play I really hope you'll hang around to watch at least a couple minutes just because I think you might be surprised how much better it translates than any video can convey. I did NOT fucking like those guys, not one bit. It was fucking cheesy house music that had annoyed the shit out of me through bars over the years.

tl;dr: ACID.

Your kids will have no idea...

Even if you say "Ah fuck it, people are morons, they buy that crap," have you ever talked to someone who saw them and said they didn't care for it? Honestly? If literally EVERY person who'd EVER done something told me it was great, I would be inclined to suspend disbelief for a couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Serious question, Tom -

Both. Imagine, for example, if people here went on and on and on about how Insane Clown Posse puts on such an epic spectacle, the greatest show of all time, FUCK YES ICP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!. Well that's how I react to the DP tards. The music is stupid and the rabid fandom just makes people look like stupid suburban teenagers.

DP fans are still better than Radiohead fans though.

Randy saw She Wants Revenge instead, everyone.

Three paragaphs, and the only description about the music is "fucking cheesy". I don't know, maybe it makes me an old fart to think that the music should count for something?

Three paragaphs, and the only description about the music is "fucking cheesy". I don't know, maybe it makes me an old fart to think that the music should count for something?
    I've always felt this way about Daft Punk's music. I enjoy it, but it's decent cheese House music at best. The live show is something to see though.

Yeah but it wasn't live. That was the surprising thing. It was extremely nuanced and just a blast to have hit your ears. It sounded rich and full, the production was quality.

And even disregarding that, look sometimes the soundtrack to a movie sucks but it might still be a really good flick.

Randy, if S&G had a fucking pyramid and a light show for the ages, would it enhance their image in your mind even further?

I feel the same way about the Chemical Brothers in 2011... Dat consumption in BRILLIANCE...

Quote Originally Posted by DieCer View Post
    I feel the same way about the Chemical Brothers in 2011... Dat consumption in BRILLIANCE...
    Aww I missed that.

Randy, if S&G had a fucking pyramid and a light show for the ages, would it enhance their image in your mind even further?
    ... if they had that pyramid? Yes. I don't see why you reject the idea of taking pleasure from effort being put into the visual component of watching a concert. I like movies with really good cinematography too.

hahaha this is Tom at his best. Wish I could sig it!

12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

why can't you?