Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Daft Punk 2013

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013

Clearly it wouldn't make sense to have Daft Punk headline anyway since deadmau5 and his new bag of flashy lights is closing the main stage.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Pea is shitting truth all over this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I sure hope Fragma drops Tocas Miracle on the main stage!

@RobDaBank is backpedaling in regards to that quote.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Nice try. The other two headliners are Green Day and Muse because tour dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Radtechnique View Post
    I sure hope Fragma drops Tocas Miracle on the main stage!
    I was always more of an "Every Time You Need Me" kind of guy
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

swood, what do you know about beach house and their tour dates in april?

Yeah, swood, you can't just rock our worlds with that bombshell and then bolt. What other info have you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    @RobDaBank is backpedaling in regards to that quote.
    Yep - https://twitter.com/RobdaBank
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Rob Da Bank definitely is eating his words via twitter now, which gives his statement zero credibility.

Anyone doubting this rumour, ask yourself this. Why would Yelle, who is indeed legitimately friends with Daft Punk... release a picture with a date accompanied by the Daft Punk logo? Which in-fact happens to be a release date to an album that has been discussed consistently by numerous contributors and collaborators throughout the media several times. Why would these people openly admit to working on a new album with Daft Punk if there was no truth at all in what they were saying. Finally, do you really think that if there was a Daft album being released prior to Coachella... which there is, that they would not headline after several years of Goldenvoice practically begging them for their return as Headliners?

Case closed... they'll be on the 2013 lineup and anybody who would like to argue with me please feel free to waste your energy.

Quote Originally Posted by themonstermash View Post
    Case closed... they'll be on the 2013 lineup and anybody who would like to argue with me please feel free to waste your energy.
    Well since you stated it here it must be true.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Remember that time Radiohead put out an album in Feb 2011 and then didn't tour? Case closed, you know nothing.

demand for radiohead at coachella = demand for daft punk.

seems about right

Rob Da Bank definitely is eating his words via twitter now, which gives his statement zero credibility.

Anyone doubting this rumour, ask yourself this. Why would Yelle, who is indeed legitimately friends with Daft Punk... release a picture with a date accompanied by the Daft Punk logo? Which in-fact happens to be a release date to an album that has been discussed consistently by numerous contributors and collaborators throughout the media several times. Why would these people openly admit to working on a new album with Daft Punk if there was no truth at all in what they were saying. Finally, do you really think that if there was a Daft album being released prior to Coachella... which there is, that they would not headline after several years of Goldenvoice practically begging them for their return as Headliners?

Remember in 2011 when they did the Tron album and surprised everybody by actually performing at the Pheonix concert in NYC, and everybody just KNEW they would be there?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Well since you stated it here it must be true.
    That's correct. Do you not agree with any of the reasoning why I believe so...of course it may or may not happen. The point I was making... was that it seems more likely of the rumours being true at this point in time that they will in-fact perform in 2013. Based on the reasons I listed I personally believe so...its not a confirmation by any means. Do you disagree with what I was saying?

I was predominantly addressing those who are whining and bitching with the belief that Daft Punk has 0% chance of performing.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthehorn View Post
    Remember that time Radiohead put out an album in Feb 2011 and then didn't tour? Case closed, you know nothing.
    Of course I know nothing, I just happen to believe its more likely to happen than not happen. They could release an album and still not be there, like Radiohead, but I really don't think that would happen after the years of waiting for a return performance. Its just my opinion you can take it or leave it, come poster time I'll either be very stoked or very dissapointed.

(AP) Goldenvoice announced the lineup to its 2013 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival today, and garnering nearly universal applause from festival goers and musicians alike is Coachella Message Board member themonstermash who stated on January 3, 2013, that Daft Punk would be playing.

Of course I know nothing, I just happen to believe its more likely to happen than not happen. They could release an album and still not be there, like Radiohead, but I really don't think that would happen after the years of waiting for a return performance. Its just my opinion you can take it or leave it, come poster time I'll either be very stoked or very dissapointed.
    You are profoundly retarded.

For somebody with the board name "rad technique" I don't think your in a position to dictate who is retarded.

You must have a really rad technique in sucking your own dick because you've spat so much of your own aids infested cum throughout this forum already that its gonna need an even more rad technique in cleaning it up... (hence you fucking off).

'legitimately friends'
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I agree that they're some stronger rumors this year regarding Daft Punk and you make some good points. But the case is not closed, and ending your post basically telling people not to reply make you look like a retard/jackass. If Daft Punk not being on the poster is going to disappoint you that is pretty sad.. I would be stoked to see them on the lineup but its one act if they aren't there I trust from the rumors i've heard goldenvoice will still have a good dance lineup at coachella this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

It has nothing to do with whether he is credible or not, but why isn't it being pointed out what a fucking stupid pseudonym "Rob da Bank" is?
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

But he's pretty good. I've acquired a few remixes from him over the years and they're comfy.

Whether his mixes are good or not is not the point Gunz. "Rob Da Bank". It's pretty fucking dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

But who is Rob da Bank indeed legitimately friends with?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Absolutely hilarious and painful that an article that is supposed to be about the passion and vision he has for his festival blows up because of the implications one throaway line has for an entirely different event.

This thread keeps getting worse