Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Daft Punk 2013

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013

"like" ^

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Portishead would've qualified had Prince's hip surgery not gone so well. I don't understand how you assholes call yourselves Coachella fans when you seem to keep missing the part where GV prefers to book acts that are quality and rarities rather than just go the route of whatever's the most popular. If popular was all they cared about, Nickleback would've headlined. What the fuck is the point of any of you assholes and your giving a shit about whether or not Coachella is getting headliners who sell out arenas? Most bands that sell out arenas suck dicks.
    They want to book bands that sell out arenas AND are high quality/rarities. Also, they're pretty fucking good at it. (Jack Johnson aside.)
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Daft Punk site the Rolling Stones as one of their early influences...the stars are aligning.

If popular was all they cared about, Nickleback would've headlined.
    LOL. Nickelback is probably the most hated "popular" band. I've never met a fan and everytime I hear someone mention them it's in a negative comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

At least there are some reasonable people left on the Internet. http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddent...ting-songkick/

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    At least there are some reasonable people left on the Internet. http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddent...ting-songkick/
    I was waiting for an article like this. I was amused that even Rolling Stone reported it as a rumor.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Songkick has since removed the information and wrote on their Twitter feed, "Unfortunately, this is not confirmed -- the lineup has been removed [and] locked down until the official announcement," adding, "Regarding Daft Punk at Coachella: this was added by mistake. There has been no official announcement. Apologies for any confusion/excitement."
    http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...08054742.story
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I love how there are still people who think that Daft couldn't headline, and then you see the amount of fucking press that every single hint they might be performing live gets.
    They're definitely capable of headlining, but plenty of media/press out there labels bands on the 2nd line as "headlining" every year, so that doesn't really mean anything.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Billboard must not scour the Coachella Message Boards for info with this "Coachella Lineup Rumors Now Include Daft Punk and Phoenix" headline....DP/Coachella rumors begat the internetz.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I was waiting for an article like this. I was amused that even Rolling Stone reported it as a rumor.
    they did say one year that Britney Spears was rumored, so..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by pdhow View Post
    Billboard must not scour the Coachella Message Boards for info with this "Coachella Lineup Rumors Now Include Daft Punk and Phoenix" headline....DP/Coachella rumors begat the internetz.
    my post was more or less an attempt to get everyone to stop talking about Songkick....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

good luck w that

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

I had a dream last night that Daft Punk was confirmed.

I had a dream last night that Keith Richard ass raped a donkey in my campsite.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    They're definitely capable of headlining, but plenty of media/press out there labels bands on the 2nd line as "headlining" every year, so that doesn't really mean anything.
    ... are you fucking retarded? WE'RE talking about them headlining, and when WE say headlining we mean the top of the day. Who gives a shit what the media and press say? We're talking about whether or not they can headline on the board, and it's absolutely goddamn retarded that any of you are sitting there saying "I don't know if Daft Punk can headline" when they're THE SINGLE MOST REQUESTED FUCKING ACT EVERY YEAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    GETOUTTAMAHHEAD
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    In my dream it was consensual.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

mine too but i was the donkey
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

i was the bell around keith richards neck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

i dont understand how songkick can just let any asshole post show dates & sends out and email to fans of that band, as if it is actually confirmed. wouldnt they have some kind of fact-checking filter or something?

and i totally failed on my upload of this skrillex .gif, thought it was funny though:
    http://gifhumor.tumblr.com/post/3816...-skrillex-live
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StarsAreBurning; 12-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

well i found out "why"

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddent...info-bad-data/

"...Since this slip-up occurred, we have had a number of issues with further false information being added to Songkick. Despite our very best efforts to moderate this content, it has now reached a point where we’ve decided to temporarily turn off all user-editing tools. This will be in place over the holiday period, and we will reassess the situation in January."
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

But do people actually like Daft Punk?

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    They do that song about "one more time" thats fucking annoying as fuck.

Another Collaborator on the new album...

"Quinn Collaborations: [...] Daft Punk [...] Nathan East"
    Quinn - Recording Artist, Drummer & Percussionist - Greater Los Angeles Area
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/quinn-or...usic/7/314/1a5

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    I had a dream last night that Daft Punk was confirmed.
    This is enough proof for me.

it's absolutely goddamn retarded that any of you are sitting there saying "I don't know if Daft Punk can headline" when they're THE SINGLE MOST REQUESTED FUCKING ACT EVERY YEAR.
    I must concur

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    Get out

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    They do that song about "one more time" thats fucking annoying as fuck.
    Get out
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

saranater speaks the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    saranater speaks the truth
    This is true.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(1), 13(2)

It's all about the music.

Friday night I went to see Dillon Francis at his three night El Rey run put on by Goldenvoice.

he played a song that he said "was that new Daft Punk" and then proceeded to play a song whose bass sounds QUITE like Daft Punk. It then went and got all Dillon-y. But it totally makes sense that he would be on this albums remix album.

i dont know. it was weird.

He then went on to play One More Time and then closed with another Daft track. (I feel like an asshole for not remembering which one, but you know things happen )

you think maybe Dillon (EDM's resident Troll) knows something we dont and was droppin a couple hints? or was just fucking with all of the horrible 19 year bros that didnt even get up for Daft.

Also, a bunch of kids called us old ravers.

yeah, well I know who Daft Punk is. so...
    I CANT FUCKING WAIT.

Why does it totally make sense he would be on Daft Punks remix album? Did he play the supposedly leaked song "emphazed" or was it something different?

Dillon Francis has been playing Daft Punk songs in his sets this whole year. Not sure why that is relevant anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    Friday night I went to see Dillon Francis at his three night El Rey run put on by Goldenvoice.

he played a song that he said "was that new Daft Punk" and then proceeded to play a song whose bass sounds QUITE like Daft Punk. It then went and got all Dillon-y. But it totally makes sense that he would be on this albums remix album.

i dont know. it was weird.

He then went on to play One More Time and then closed with another Daft track. (I feel like an asshole for not remembering which one, but you know things happen )

you think maybe Dillon (EDM's resident Troll) knows something we dont and was droppin a couple hints? or was just fucking with all of the horrible 19 year bros that didnt even get up for Daft.

Also, a bunch of kids called us old ravers.

yeah, well I know who Daft Punk is. so...
    All I was able to decipher from that post is that you know absolutely jack shit about Daft Punk