Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Daft Punk 2013

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013

I think half the people that said they were at DP in '06 weren't even there.

/jealous Wisconsin guy that didn't start going til '07

I was there but I did not watch the whole show. And I could not see the pyramid from where I stood (I heard about that later).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Coachellagirl View Post
    Blah. Truth is, you will never be able to re-create what it was in 2006. It was a mind blowing, face melting, crowd melding moment. Coachella isn't that way anymore. It's gone commercial. And I'm not hating. I still go. But, if Daft Punk were to play this year....I guarantee ....those who were there will complain that it was nothing like it was in 06 (because it never will be!!) and those who see them for the first time (most people) will think it was the best thing ever...even if it sucked ...because its so built up to be AMAZING!!! Sometimes its best to let it be...it was a moment. Either you were there or you weren't. Why ruin it?
    I saw basically the same set that happened in 2006 in 2007...It was re-created, minds were blown, faces were melted, crowds were melded...

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I was there but I did not watch the whole show. And I could not see the pyramid from where I stood (I heard about that later).
    From the vids, the music > pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    I saw basically the same set that happened in 2006 in 2007...It was re-created, minds were blown, faces were melted, crowds were melded...
    Not the same bro...

Somewhere James Murphy is screaming "I was therrrrre"

At this point I'd rather just see them on their own tour than coachella. whocares

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    It was the first time I ever tripped at Coachella, so I really saw everything. It's permanently etched into my brain.
    Then I flew to Orlando to see it again, then back in Los Angeles, then Vegas, then Red Rocks.
    And I'll probably do something similar next tour.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    From the vids, the music > pyramid.
    i've never watched the coachella vid, or any with the pyramid (aside from a short clip here or there), but i've listened to the bootlegs. I want to see DP at chella. I don't care if it's a spotlight and two dudes on decks and that's it. the vegoose set is one of the best sets i've ever heard, I can't wait to hear it. And i want it on Main stage. And turned up all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    Whoever runs the Coachella page has been trolololing all day.

i actually see this as a confirmation that we aren't getting Daft, but we are getting the Stones lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    How many EDM performances would have been improved by being on the main stage at Coachella than if they were at the Sahara? Ignoring overcrowding issues for a second.
    Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk proved your point wrong.

*EDIT: and you could argue MIA too.. the only EDM act that's played both that was worse on main was Justice. and i think that was more set time than anything else. you can't put EDM on Main stage at 7:30pm, imo.
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-30-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Less gunshots than the Sahara don't necessarily make it a better set.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Chemical Brothers and Kraftwerk proved your point wrong.

*EDIT: and you could argue MIA too.. the only EDM act that's played both that was worse on main was Justice. and i think that was more set time than anything else. you can't put EDM on Main stage at 7:30pm, imo.
    My question wasn't what EDM successfully played the main stage(Chems were a ton of fun). My question was what EDM acts, if you had a choice of the same show in the tent or main, would be better on the big stage.

old school

My question wasn't what EDM successfully played the main stage(Chems were a ton of fun). My question was what EDM acts, if you had a choice of the same show in the tent or main, would be better on the big stage.
    Chem Bros on Main stage was a million times better than the set they did in the Sahara in '09. Same can be said about Kraftwerk in '08. And as far as EDM goes, Daft Punk sounds great loud and outdoors..

Default Re: So, Daft Punk might be confirmed for 2013 summer festivals

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    EVERY. YEAR. WHY DO WE DO THIS.
    Because of the awsomeness of 2006.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

You'd think someone who was there would know the difference between live and a dj set.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

old school

weird. here i thought we were talking about the difference between a show on main & one in the sahara. whether the sound and vibe translate. i don't see how the songs that were played matter? it didn't with Kraftwerk. why should it matter that during one of the Chem Bros they didn't play all their own songs, but they sure as fuck played Don't Think, and it sounds a million times better echoing across the polo at Main. I don't think if they had dropped someone else's track on Main that it would have made a bit of difference.

And the set they did in the Sahara in '05 wasn't a dj set. get off my dick.

*EDIT: and i would take a Daft Punk (dj set) on Main with no production value any year.
    Last edited by nbvcide; 11-30-2012 at 05:43 PM.

old school

Daft Punk sounds great loud and outdoors..
    So Daft worked as well in the Sahara as those that saw Lolla or 'Goose. Would Daft have the highest number of people camping out at the main stage most of the day?

I still have dreams of that 2007 Vegoose set. God dammit that was fan-fucking-tastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Would Daft have the highest number of people camping out at the main stage most of the day?
    The most crowded I ever saw the mainstage was McCartney in 2009. In those days there were single-day tickets and if I recall correctly only Friday sold out. There were a ton of older folks there who only showed up to see him. I got there around the time Morissey was ending and it became so packed within a few minutes I couldn't even turn around. I really doubt Daft could match that. Not everyone likes EDM and I think they'd put a big way different act in the Mojave or something to pull some of the crowd away from the main, like how Kaskade played during Radiohead this year.

old school

I disagree..while i don't know how packed it was up front, i came right as it was starting and was able to walk up past the front of the soundbooth on the left side facing stage..i've seen several other headliners i couldn't have gotten that close, RATM and weekend2 Dre/Snoop were the most packed i've seen main at coachella. but yeah, macca had a bigger crowd than any other act '08-'11, Radiohead weekend1 looked like it was a pretty big crowd.

So Daft worked as well in the Sahara as those that saw Lolla or 'Goose. Would Daft have the highest number of people camping out at the main stage most of the day?
    who was the last headliner that wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I still have dreams of that 2007 Vegoose set. God dammit that was fan-fucking-tastic.
    THIS.

old school

I disagree..while i don't know how packed it was up front, i came right as it was starting and was able to walk up past the front of the soundbooth on the left side facing stage..i've seen several other headliners i couldn't have gotten that close, RATM and weekend2 Dre/Snoop were the most packed i've seen main at coachella. but yeah, macca had a bigger crowd than any other act '08-'11, Radiohead weekend1 looked like it was a pretty big crowd.

who was the last headliner that wasn't?.
    Being close to Thom Yorke or a Beatle is different that being close to bank of LED screens that your favorite EDM artist stands behind. Plus some want a bit of dancing room.

I can't see a big crowd waiting for The Keys or KOL or other "weak" headliners. Also, a Daft fan avoided the Sahara for an entire day strikes me as a curious set of priorities.

Daft Punk is not headlining Coachella in 2013.

Daft Punk probably isn't headlining Coachella in any other future year unless and until they create a set that isn't duplicative of 2006 and demonstrate that a lot of people give a shit about it.

Sound logic.

Daft Punk could be sitting around a makeshift campfire on the mainstage in robot costumes, toasting marshmellows, and occasionally blasting an air siren and they would still be headlining. Daft Punk do not need to demonstrate anything. Their previous tours and the general demand for them already do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

I think the EDM explosion in America only increases people's interest in them and the demand for them to put out new music, tour, etc.

Chem Bros on Main stage was a million times better than the set they did in the Sahara in '09. Same can be said about Kraftwerk in '08. And as far as EDM goes, Daft Punk sounds great loud and outdoors..
    Dude, the 09 set was a fucking DJ set...of course their "live" set would be better than a DJ set (though I thought their DJ set in 09 was quite good). Try comparing their 2011 set to their 2005 live set in the Sahara instead.

old school

there is enough demand they could tour that same show every few years forever and make millions. You think GV or Insomniac haven't offered piles of cash to just show up and do something, anything. THEY are the ones choosing not to until they have something that lives up to the name.

but i agree, it's not gonna be this year.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Dude, the 09 set was a fucking DJ set...of course their "live" set would be better than a DJ set (though I thought their DJ set in 09 was quite good). Try comparing their 2011 set to their 2005 live set in the Sahara instead.
    i did fucktard. try to finish reading a thread before posting in it.

old school

Being close to Thom Yorke or a Beatle is different that being close to bank of LED screens that your favorite EDM artist stands behind. Plus some want a bit of dancing room.

I can't see a big crowd waiting for The Keys or KOL or other "weak" headliners. Also, a Daft fan avoided the Sahara for an entire day strikes me as a curious set of priorities.
    Try telling that to the people who camped next to us in '10. they camped out at main all day for Tiesto. yes, Tiesto.

on Saturday of '10, wow. God the lineup that day was ridiculous.