Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: prohibition is over

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: prohibition is over

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I mean I get that, I'm just not as excited. I also live in California, we've had it a while so maybe I'm just jaded. Now if this was about hemp, in my opinion, that would be a cause for celebration.
    In what way is this not about hemp?

Dude.....It also legalized hemp for industrial production.....

Who is making/developing a point of care quantitative THC assay?

i want some of that action.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

in regards to workplaces drug testing. the only precident you have is when colorado legalized alcohol after prohibition #1.
    you can drink it outside of work but be sober working... there is no blood test or saliva test to tell if you are currently under the influence of marijuana, so they could not fire you under these laws by suspicion alone.

but really... fuck marijuana... its all about hemp and what this bill will do for americans as a whole...
    think of the corporations that will cease to exist! oh its going to be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Dude.....It also legalized hemp for industrial production.....
    Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't following Colorado as closely because I don't live there. It doesn't make their issues unimportant, just that my local issues take precedence. As walrus suggests, marijuana should be taking a back seat to this. Now that idea needs to spread. Party on.

As for how it isn't about hemp, did you read the first page? J didn't bring it up until more than half way through, and it comes up 6 times in this thread. This is definitely about pot right now.
    Last edited by marooko; 11-08-2012 at 06:34 AM.

the Feds are gonna crack down on your little plant party... you all see that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    the Feds are gonna crack down on your little plant party... you all see that right?
    define "crack down"

they may let the infrastructure set-up at first...

Then they will swoop in one day and arrest all the major manufacturers & distributors. Close it down and confiscate all the money & plants.

Then when the smaller distributors try to supply the vacuum left there will be a story that breaks in the mainstream media about some of it containing some sort of toxin and then there will be a legal backlash in the name of "public health"

go ahead & check back with me in a year on this.

that's terrible and you are wrong

nope.. sorry.

check out what they did to online poker. Federal laws & regulations were cited there as well. But they let the infrastructure set itself up first so they could watch wire transactions for awhile and also any kind of money transferring between the businesses and any partners or vendors.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't following Colorado as closely because I don't live there. It doesn't make their issues unimportant, just that my local issues take precedence. As walrus suggests, marijuana should be taking a back seat to this. Now that idea needs to spread. Party on.

As for how it isn't about hemp, did you read the first page? J didn't bring it up until more than half way through, and it comes up 6 times in this thread. This is definitely about pot right now.
    They're going to legalize MJ but keep hemp illegal. Yep

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    think of the corporations that will cease to exist! oh its going to be amazing.
    plz explain before i say anything further

There might be a lot to what Bugger is saying. There's a good chance the Feds will intervene in some way, regardless of what your idealistic minds tell you.

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-lega...022257328.html

yeah... it's like i'm fukkin Niggradamus or somethin

the reason i say they will let these systems set-up and be tracked for awhile is because after they seize the money and bank accounts they will use the money to pay for the added enforcement expenses.

This is what is being powerpointed at a Dept of Justice meeting right now.

Just keep away from the government. A good rule of thumb for life.

Yeah, the guy who thinks that this is "totally short-lived" also wrote these things on October 3rd:

Fast-forward to today and much of the mythmaking and exaggeration comes from a powerful lobby whose aim is to legalize marijuana. Capitalizing on the unfounded myths and hysteria of the past, pro-marijuana campaigners conveniently ignore the fact that today’s marijuana hardly resembles that of the 1960s.
    “It’s tremendously uncertain,” said Kevin Sabet, a former official with the Office of National Drug Control Policy who opposes legalization. “It’s never been done before. So the question Coloradans have to ask themselves is: Do we want to be guinea pigs?”
    DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GUINEA PIGS FOR SUPER FUTURE WEED? DO YOU???

Really though, of course the feds aren't just going to throw their hands up. I've said that multiple times. They're not going to shut it all down, though, because how could they? At this point a solid half of this country has some sort of legalized weed distribution going on. They can and probably will still go after the people who become visible and make a ton of money (especially if they commit any other crimes while doing so) but no, the idea that they're just biding their time before they roll the Task Force out at 3am to shut this entire thing down at once is silly.

Cool Re: prohibition is over

I wonder if they add sound fx to their power point like a bong toke. It could be used when they have a hippie pic crawl up into frame

Right now with no access to banks for legit protected accounts, people could get rolled for something like possessing over 10k in cash. Kind of scary if you want to jump in the publics eye, sure weed may be legal, but that 8k you have may get you in trouble.

I really have trouble believing this will become anything more than decriminalization in practice. But even that is progress.

"Super Future Weed" is the best potential band name that I've ever heard.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

the reason i say they will let these systems set-up and be tracked for awhile is because after they seize the money and bank accounts they will use the money to pay for the added enforcement expenses.

This is what is being powerpointed at a Dept of Justice meeting right now.
    Marjuana businesses are not allowed bank accounts. How is the fed going to control this.

Stop with the conspiracies.

Marjuana businesses are not allowed bank accounts. How is the fed going to control this.

Also - if the govt is watching you specifically: You're already fucked

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Also - if the govt is watching you specifically: You're already fucked
    If? You voted for Osama.... The patriot act guarantees that the government is watching you at all times. Marjuana is not a priority anymore there is not enough money in fighting it at a criminal level.

Konspiracies.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GUINEA PIGS FOR SUPER FUTURE WEED? DO YOU???
    On April 20th, 2026 4:21PM, SUPER FUTURE WEED became self-aware.

What about the people who own or run distributors. Do you think there will be a money trail from the business to personal banking and savings accounts?

I mean it's not like it hasn't been done before. And just recently look at how much the Fed froze in the online poker raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    They're going to legalize MJ but keep hemp illegal. Yep
    Considering hemp was illegal in the first place and all laws make sense, you make a great point. Yep.

What about the people who own or run distributors. Do you think there will be a money trail from the business to personal banking and savings accounts?

I mean it's not like it hasn't been done before. And just recently look at how much the Fed froze in the online poker raids.
    I think it's huge for people to keep personal and business separate especially when dealing with some that is illegal at the federal level. Your record keeping has to be immaculate. Im not saying it won't happen but well kept books and staying legitimate will keep the Feds out of it. Almost everyone in the business understands how high the stakes are so they are not trying to fuck it up for everyone else.

Also this is going to be huge for tribal nations if this idea moves forward.

From the audience, local attorney Robert Corry brought up the possibility of working with Indian-owned banks. "Their treaties supersede federal laws," he pointed out. And as sovereign nations, Indian reservation could work with marijuana businesses with no fear of federal oversight.