Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: prohibition is over

Default prohibition is over

washington and colorado legalize marijuana for recreational use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: prohibition is over

The Feds will likely challenge that. And they're certainly not going to let it just flow freely into CO and WA in any case.

it guarantees $40million a year to public schools, no way the Obama administration is going against that.
    Upcoming Shows:

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The president is far from the final say in that matter. The war on drugs is not going to be won that easily, unfortunately.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    The Feds will likely challenge that. And they're certainly not going to let it just flow freely into CO and WA in any case.
    It pretty much "flows freely" now. The medical marijuana stores quick are at over 250 and counting they can be grandfathered in with the new laws and buy a sales license at a lower cost. MMJ stores will stick around for those people under 21, because they still need it for their "headaches". I see Washington and Colorado be test states for the rest of the nation and the federal government take a laissez faire approach to the issue.

Boom!!!

@denverpost: ALERT: Colorado AG John Suthers says he will respect marijuana measure: http://t.co/0o2YRxki by @john_ingold #amendment64

YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Fuck I have waited decades for this day. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Megan Macain sp on Anderson right now "If I want to smoke weed, it is my business" cr****

Home of Mile High Stadium

I don't expect the Feds to roll over, but I also don't expect them to drop the hammer. We have a long way to go but this is a serious first step, how it plays out is going to be incredibly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I don't expect the Feds to roll over, but I also don't expect them to drop the hammer. We have a long way to go but this is a serious first step, how it plays out is going to be incredibly interesting.
    Yea the feds will put up a stink for sure. I don't know of a single case though here in Co where the feds got involved and busted someone..... cr****

The entire point of this thing is to challenge the feds. I'm not even a marijuana user and I love this. Washington rules so fucking hard. Lots of good stuff happened for this state last night.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    It pretty much "flows freely" now. The medical marijuana stores quick are at over 250 and counting they can be grandfathered in with the new laws and buy a sales license at a lower cost. MMJ stores will stick around for those people under 21, because they still need it for their "headaches". I see Washington and Colorado be test states for the rest of the nation and the federal government take a laissez faire approach to the issue.
    exactly. i think a lot of states want to know how to deal with driving under the influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Our initiative included a blood THC limit.

I'm really, really interested in seeing how a federal challenge plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post

If US states are leading the way on this and are able to get federal level de-criminalization, Canada will surely move in this direction as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

It's funny how big of a deal this is. Were some of you really hiding in your closets and burning Nag Champa to disguise the smell?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    It's funny how big of a deal this is. Were some of you really hiding in your closets and burning Nag Champa to disguise the smell?
    I was haha. What's sort of funny is this is so cool but as I type this, I know I have 9 different strains sitting around my room. It just makes it even more legal....cr****

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    I will be finally able to go to my corner store and pick an ounce of weed with my morning coffee. That is huge. Not looking over my shoulder or feel like a criminal is awesome. I don't even smoke that often. It's just a huge step in a fucking stupid idealism of prohibition. The hemp industry of packaging, biofuel, stronger fibers for textiles ect will shape future industry too.

The old black and white thought process is dying off and it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If US states are leading the way on this and are able to get federal level de-criminalization, Canada will surely move in this direction as well.
    I don't know about the rest of Canada, but I know this is going to put a serious strain on BC lawmakers to legalize it. There has been a huge push to get it legalized in BC, but for one reason or another it hasn't happened yet. The BC Liberals, BCs current provincial party, are in shambles and their popularity is at an all time low. In May 2013 there is going to be a Provincial election and all signs point to the NDP sweeping the election. If the NDP win, its only a matter of time until it is legalized. However, if the BC Liberals legalize it, that may boost their popularity. Either way, marijuana is being legalized in BC sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post

I see it not panning out. Cops don't have time to haul in people for blood testing and impound cars over a science that is imperfect. For every one they get right of being over the limit two will be wrong. They will see that it is a waste of time. If they catch you driving recklessly and smoking at the time they pull you over then the will have a DUID arrest but other than that it will be a non-issue. Most stoners I see now smoking and driving actually drive under the speed limit and are way more calm.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

MM dispensaries are not quite "flowing freely". They're not simply going to give everyone an automatic card, and you won't be able to pick up loosies at the 7-11.
    But ultimately this probably won't change life to a large degree in CO, it's just going to make your weed cost a bit more for those who obtain it legally, and illegal weed dealing will still be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    MM dispensaries are not quite "flowing freely". They're not simply going to give everyone an automatic card, and you won't be able to pick up loosies at the 7-11.
    But ultimately this probably won't change life to a large degree in CO, it's just going to make your weed cost a bit more for those who obtain it legally, and illegal weed dealing will still be a huge problem.
    Ummmmm we don't need cards anymore. We legalized it. You will be able to buy it at stores that apply for a Marjuana license. It is regulated the same way liquor is now. If the 7-11 is a 1000ft from schools or libraries and doesn't have over abundant marijuana advertising it will be sold the same as alcohol.

The mmj dispensaries can change their business models if they choose now to be more like a liquor store.

I can also have six plants in my front window if I want.
    Last edited by Tubesock Shakur; 11-07-2012 at 08:58 AM.

I would imagine most of you in CO smoke anyway, the legality of MJ has never really kept people from growing/smoking/selling it.

What will be interesting is the quality control of what enters the public market. Some jackass with an Early Girl strain may kill it due to the nature of the plant, while someone with something you would want to smoke may not want to get caught up in the possible legal spiderwebs this can create.

The MMJ market in California may have flooded the market with weed and lowered prices a little bit, but the quality has gone down immensely when compared to 5 years ago.

So Ron: What 9 strains do you have, how did you acquire all of them? Have you harvested all of them? I'd like to meet you one day for a hash smoke off!

Six plants which require about 3 months total....better go with deep water culture to ensure you get the most of out your plants...

Six plants which require about 3 months total....better go with deep water culture to ensure you get the most of out your plants...
    The loophole is six flowering......

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I don't know about the rest of Canada, but I know this is going to put a serious strain on BC lawmakers to legalize it. There has been a huge push to get it legalized in BC, but for one reason or another it hasn't happened yet. The BC Liberals, BCs current provincial party, are in shambles and their popularity is at an all time low. In May 2013 there is going to be a Provincial election and all signs point to the NDP sweeping the election. If the NDP win, its only a matter of time until it is legalized. However, if the BC Liberals legalize it, that may boost their popularity. Either way, marijuana is being legalized in BC sooner than later.
    Everywhere I've been in BC, police turn a blind eye most of the time anyway. I suspect you are right that BC will go first, and then the smoke will just float east from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I would imagine most of you in CO smoke anyway, the legality of MJ has never really kept people from growing/smoking/selling it.

What will be interesting is the quality control of what enters the public market. Some jackass with an Early Girl strain may kill it due to the nature of the plant, while someone with something you would want to smoke may not want to get caught up in the possible legal spiderwebs this can create.

The MMJ market in California may have flooded the market with weed and lowered prices a little bit, but the quality has gone down immensely when compared to 5 years ago.

So Ron: What 9 strains do you have, how did you acquire all of them? Have you harvested all of them? I'd like to meet you one day for a hash smoke off!
    For sure dude Coachella ? My gf has a card for double what is usual and I can have my 6 plants so we tried to grow as many strains as we could. My homegrown is better than any I have bought at the store. Tried outside and it just wasn't as good as my hydro. cr****

14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

On a side note: From the label: PETCO Catnip is used to stimulate, and encourages exercise and entices cats to play: INGREDIENTS 100% USA Grown catnip ..... silly, get the cats high but peeps think weed is bad.... cr****

The loophole is six flowering......
    Interesting....

Is that per household or per adult?

I know 6 flowering plants for a cycle wouldn't last me and my girlfriend long enough before the next harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    For sure dude Coachella ? My gf has a card for double what is usual and I can have my 6 plants so we tried to grow as many strains as we could. My homegrown is better than any I have bought at the store. Tried outside and it just wasn't as good as my hydro. cr****
    Not quite sure about the Coach this year, but the universe will provide if we will it so.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 11-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.