Thread: skinny puppy

Default skinny puppy

anyone interested? checking out some live vids from only a few years ago and they seem to be holding up pretty well. i'd like to think they could fill a tent half way but i have serious doubts with the influx of casual music listeners/just here to party crowd. seeing ATR play this year to maybe 100-200 people at most was pretty depressing (yea not the same league as SP but still)

from 2010

mid 2000s i believe

Default Re: skinny puppy

Yes cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

christ, yes. skinny puppy is ridiculously good live - such a great, influential and important band.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I don't see many people being in the tent for them, but fuck it..I am a fan of the puppy. Signed
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I don't see many people being in the tent for them, but fuck it..I am a fan of the puppy. Signed
    gobi at night - you might be surprised.

Skinny Puppy would draw more than ATR and Throbbing Gristle combined, not that that's saying much.

How did VNV Nation do?

All these industrial bands are wastes of money, no one wants to see their bloated asses get up and drunkenly hack it up
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I don't see Puppy playing if either KMFDM or NIN rumor holds true.

fully support this

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Skinny Puppy would draw more than ATR and Throbbing Gristle combined, not that that's saying much.

How did VNV Nation do?
    I wasn't there, but I remember VNV was put up against Rage Against the Machine's reunion in 2007, so I imagine it didn't do too well.

The tent was pretty empty for Throbbing Gristle in 09.

I'd watch the hell out of Skinny Puppy, but you gotta wonder if Coachella is still into booking those kind of acts. Like had they not performed in 09, would an act like TG fit the bill of the festival nowadays?

I'm still scratching my head at putting them as a conflict against the Cure.

I think the crowd would have been denser if not for that boneheaded move.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Love Skinny Puppy. They were fantastic when i saw them on their reunion tour with Tweaker back in 2004. I don't really see them fitting in at Coachella though.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by n3glect View Post
    I'm still scratching my head at putting them as a conflict against the Cure.

I think the crowd would have been denser if not for that boneheaded move.
    That was a hard night to schedule around with to begin with. Those two, MBV, The Orb, and a few others.

And The Cure play long sets, so you could've see most/all of TG and still see a good amount of The Cure.

Fact, I saw half the Cure after I walked out of Ettienne De Crecy after watching all of TG's set
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I'd watch the hell out of Skinny Puppy, but you gotta wonder if Coachella is still into booking those kind of acts. Like had they not performed in 09, would an act like TG fit the bill of the festival nowadays?
    i feel it is our responsibility to keep challenging the current status quo of the fest by requesting some diversity from what is currently the mainstream. i mean it must be done within reason (which means my dream of merzbow headlining probably wont happen) but that still leaves a ton of room for interesting, less popular acts

when it comes to TG, GV had to have known they were not going to pull a very large crowd (which they didn't), but that wasn't the point. the point was here we had a group that arguably started a genre, who've played i believe less than 100 live shows in their entire career, playing one of their last live shows in one of the least likely of places and it was good for the few that were there (and was a nice mindfuck for my friends/most passers by) . i don't think GV has any regrets whatsoever on this one, not to compare SP to TG...

basically my point is if we can have Greg Ginn on stage playing three note guitar over '80s aquanet commercial samples to about 20 people, i don't see why skinny puppy wouldn't fit in somewhere as well. if it's cost prohibitive then that i understand, but if not i think they'd pull off a strong set in one of the tents, even if sparsely attended

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i feel it is our responsibility to keep challenging the current status quo of the fest by requesting some diversity from what is currently the mainstream. i mean it must be done within reason (which means my dream of merzbow headlining probably wont happen) but that still leaves a ton of room for interesting, less popular acts

when it comes to TG, GV had to have known they were not going to pull a very large crowd (which they didn't), but that wasn't the point. the point was here we had a group that arguably started a genre, who've played i believe less than 100 live shows in their entire career, playing one of their last live shows in one of the least likely of places and it was good for the few that were there (and was a nice mindfuck for my friends/most passers by) . i don't think GV has any regrets whatsoever on this one, not to compare SP to TG...

basically my point is if we can have Greg Ginn on stage playing three note guitar over '80s aquanet commercial samples to about 20 people, i don't see why skinny puppy wouldn't fit in somewhere as well. if it's cost prohibitive then that i understand, but if not i think they'd pull off a strong set in one of the tents, even if sparsely attended
    Give SP the spot The Horrors had this year and be done with it. As long as it doesn't conflict with NIN, Crystal Castles or Sleigh Bells.

is there really buzz about NIN coming back already? seen a few posts and its news to me. after seeing them on the nin/ja tour i was ready to say goodbye, just didnt feel the same anymore.

then again that was an outdoor afternoon/dusk opening set and about a year before that at the forum trent raped my mind, so i guess i'd be ok with him bringing it big again. i just dont see it happening for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    is there really buzz about NIN coming back already? seen a few posts and its news to me. after seeing them on the nin/ja tour i was ready to say goodbye, just didnt feel the same anymore.

then again that was an outdoor afternoon/dusk opening set and about a year before that at the forum trent raped my mind, so i guess i'd be ok with him bringing it big again. i just dont see it happening for some reason
    Snippet from a recent Rolling Stones article some fans are saying is a sign of an impending NIN tour:

But Nine Inch Nails fans can now rejoice: Reznor tells Rolling Stone that the band is working on new material. In an interview surrounding Black Ops 2, Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NIN music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."

Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he says. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing How to Destroy Angels, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the Nine Inch Nails column of things. It's a different kind of work.

"Stay tuned," he adds. "We'll see what happens here."

Full article: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-tour-20121107

Quote Originally Posted by n3glect View Post
    I don't see Puppy playing if either KMFDM or NIN rumor holds true.
    I don't get what is with the KMFDM rumors every other year. It just wouldn't be a good fit, even though they would probably pull more of a crowd than Skinny Puppy. Anyway, they are playing the Fonda in March and the tour is over before April.