Thread: GoPro inside Coachella 2013

Default GoPro inside Coachella 2013

Ok last year was my first year at coachella I had the hardest time getting in a camera...
    What are some good ways to get in my GoPro camera without security knowing I have it???
    Last year they pretty much stripped searched me...?
    Thanks

Default Re: GoPro inside Coachella 2013

Go to a different line.

great answer I didnt think of that????? I tried all lines
    I even went to the side where there is a farm?

They weren't letting you in with a go pro last year?

Keester it
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

i smuggled in a canon 60D DSLR w/ a large detachable lens in a small backpack all 3 days. only once did a security guard bar me, i change lines and walked right in. but don't bother shooting video, it takes you out of the moment. just experience the real thing and bring home your memories . . . its better that way.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Yeah I feel the same last year I just had a little Nikon that worked good didn't take a lot of video I just wanted to bring some memories home.. This year I have a GoPro and want some cool shots and a few videos...
    The security guards were terrible they wouldn't even let my wife bring in a freaking hula hoop..

Quote Originally Posted by nevilledevil78 View Post
    Yeah I feel the same last year I just had a little Nikon that worked good didn't take a lot of video I just wanted to bring some memories home.. This year I have a GoPro and want some cool shots and a few videos...
    The security guards were terrible they wouldn't even let my wife bring in a freaking hula hoop..
    You're going to have to take your chances. It's hit and miss with security. Some guards don't care, others do. Most of the security this past year didn't seem to care too much about what we brought in. I saw one person get grief from a security guard for having a "professional" camera (and I put it in quotes because it clearly wasn't) and wouldn't let her in. She went to another line on the other end of the enterance and that guard let her in.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

I was considering getting a GoPro specifically to screw around with it at Coachella but this thread is making me think twice. I've seen lots of GoPros at the fest before, I thought they were allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by nevilledevil78 View Post
    That's because hula hoops are fucking annoying.

Like Guy said it's really hit or miss with security. On Friday some bro patted me down like I was at the airport, and by Sunday I was able to bring in a 6 pack.

I walked in with a go pro attached to my head, no problem, if they say something just say you use it for taking photos (all cameras take video, and the rule is no detachable lens). Also, I don't think video takes away from the experience with a Go Pro, you don't even have to hold it. I used it a lot more at Burning Man, but just kept it rolling while walking around/biking and I was really happy I did.

Actually now that I think about it, my GoPro probably couldn't have been more obvious, I can't believe you had a problem with it.
    563233_3358117825380_282710773_n.jpg
    Last edited by Egull; 11-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Hiding in plain sight works wonders.

A GoPRO should be small enough to get in... If there's a douche security guard, switch lines.
    It's something small enough not to be a problem.
    A hula hoop, on the other hand, sounds obnoxious...

in the palm of your hand...? i always had my hands full of stuff from emptying my pockets and no one ever made me set it down on the table

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo209 View Post
    in the palm of your hand...? i always had my hands full of stuff from emptying my pockets and no one ever made me set it down on the table
    This, ironically, has been very true in my past experiences. I always empty my pockets of EVERYTHING, to make searching me "easier" for the security person. My hands are usually crammed full with things like sunglasses/wallet/cellphone/chapstick/earplugs/set times/wet wipes/etc, and for the most part, the security don't even check to see what I'm actually holding because they assume if I'm kind enough to empty my pockets for them, I truly have nothing to hide.

If your one hand is wrapped around just a GoPro, then yeah they'll probably notice your slightly clenched hand and demand to see what you're holding. But if both your hands are overflowing with lots of random small allowable items like I described and the GoPro in the middle of everything partially obscured, they probably won't even notice it.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    This, ironically, has been very true in my past experiences. I always empty my pockets of EVERYTHING, to make searching me "easier" for the security person. My hands are usually crammed full with things like sunglasses/wallet/cellphone/chapstick/earplugs/set times/wet wipes/etc, and for the most part, the security don't even check to see what I'm actually holding because they assume if I'm kind enough to empty my pockets for them, I truly have nothing to hide.

If your one hand is wrapped around just a GoPro, then yeah they'll probably notice your slightly clenched hand and demand to see what you're holding. But if both your hands are overflowing with lots of random small allowable items like I described and the GoPro in the middle of everything partially obscured, they probably won't even notice it.
    Finally someone who get's it. Whenever one is working in a service position (i.e. Concert security check in) just make one's job slightly easier and you will be fine. I'm going to pick up a Go Pro for this year and I'm actually not concerned at all. Always follow what ManImCool does and you should be fine.

Think about it... if you were responsible for patting down thousands of people in a shift, and had to tell inebriated young adults to take off their hats, take everything out of their pockets, countless times... wouldn't you hate your life and take it out on said young adults too?

They're small enough to put down your pants in your groin region, no?

I took in a gro pro last year with no problem but I guess it matters some what you look like ...... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Take heart, ugly people!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

too many go pros on the dance floor???

...and chances are there will be professional photographers and people taking movies that are going to surpass any quality you could take. Just enjoy yourself and youtube everything the whole next year while you are jonesing to go back

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDill View Post
    i smuggled in a canon 60D DSLR w/ a large detachable lens in a small backpack all 3 days. only once did a security guard bar me, i change lines and walked right in. but don't bother shooting video, it takes you out of the moment. just experience the real thing and bring home your memories . . . its better that way.