Thread: ?? for anyone who bought passes through eBay or StubHub

Hybrid View

Question ?? for anyone who bought passes through eBay or StubHub

I don't think I will be able to afford Coachella when they go on sale early next year, so I was thinking of buying them the month of Coachella. I guess my only concerned question is, did anyone actually get screwed through these sites? I know StubHub wont release payment until the purchaser confirms they got in (or so it seems when I read the information). Oh and for the people who are thinking why I couldn't save since this end of this years Coachella, well I couldn't..some people are more fortunate then others and can, lucky you guys.
    Bleh bleh bleh.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: ?? for anyone who bought passes through eBay or StubHub

i suggest buying from craigslist. the homelier the seller the more legit the pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

craigslist .... LOL ...we see more fake passes on Craigslist than anywhere...it's sad

only buy on stubhub if you don't get via frontgate as stubhub fully guarantee's you getting in. We bought Super Bowl tickets from them and they worked.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

make sure it looks like this:

Avoid craigslist. They don't advertise it much, but it seems like ever year, someone selling real (or fake) tix gets robbed in Palm Springs (in person). The odds of losing money increases if you are the buyer, and if you do it by mail. SRSLY.

StubHub will gaurantee passes, but you are paying a premium price.

Good luck. Maybe you'll get some extra money for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Avoid craigslist. They don't advertise it much, but it seems like ever year, someone selling real (or fake) tix gets robbed in Palm Springs (in person). The odds of losing money increases if you are the buyer, and if you do it by mail. SRSLY.

StubHub will gaurantee passes, but you are paying a premium price.

Good luck. Maybe you'll get some extra money for Christmas.
    I remember prices being high last year, but before the event they had dropped to practically face value. I was able to afford 2012 tickets, but would glance every so often at scalper prices.
    Bleh bleh bleh.

I personally would meet the seller in person and register the wristband online to verify that it is legit. Where you find the seller is up to you.

don't do ebay, I bought a ticket for last year's chella at 500 in desperation, the seller had a great rating, great reviews and had been a long time ebay user.
    I sent the payment in late January, even kept e-mail contact with the person's personal e-mail. When it came time for tickets to come in the user has deleted their ebay account and blocked my e-mail address. payPal wouldn't help me because it had been over 30 days from payment transaction.

I was one of those people who got fucked, even after buying from a seemily very trusted ebay seller.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    don't do ebay, I bought a ticket for last year's chella at 500 in desperation, the seller had a great rating, great reviews and had been a long time ebay user.
    I sent the payment in late January, even kept e-mail contact with the person's personal e-mail. When it came time for tickets to come in the user has deleted their ebay account and blocked my e-mail address. payPal wouldn't help me because it had been over 30 days from payment transaction.

I was one of those people who got fucked, even after buying from a seemily very trusted ebay seller.
    eBay seemed trusted too since they say they have "Buy Protection" and PayPal the same thing. I see a lot of people selling on here as well, I wonder how that goes.
    Bleh bleh bleh.

I've bought and sold tickets to many events (including Coachella) on eBay and Craigslist and I've never had trouble. Stubhub is full of overpriced tickets for suckers.

Just don't be an idiot when you buy. The situation that Apache describes above almost never happens, and he pulled the trigger at the wrong time. Usually if someone's got solid feedback on eBay you'll be fine. And pay with Paypal for the extra guarantee. Just don't pay anyone in January for a ticket in April.

With Craigslist, survey the market carefully. Meet the seller at their residence. Ask to see an ID that matches the name on the receipt or ticket package. Know what the wristbands look like and feel like. Don't get got!

i sold a couple tix last year on ebay.. but i had the wristband in hand.. i think that has to be the trick in buying coa tix.