Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wire

Default The Wire

Hey, I didn't see a thread for this, but this without a doubt the best show on TV. The 5th season is on right now and starting to heat up. If youhaven't seen it check out the DVDs. It is fucking awsome. So anyone watch this other than me, and Yablo. (i see Mcnulty in your avatar)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Default Re: The Wire

I've been preaching The Wire for at least a year, people don't listen. They'd rather pontificate on how The Family Guy and South Park is TV at its finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I dig it. Haven't started watching Season 5 yet though. I forget what happened before...

hey up yours, Yabs. My household is trying our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    I've been preaching The Wire for at least a year, people don't listen. They'd rather pontificate on how The Family Guy and South Park is TV at its finest.
    South Park is quite amazing. But I've been wishing you'd come around so we could talk about the last couple episodes. This season RULES, Yabs. Omar in full effect again, yes. Love the newsroom too.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

The Wire is amazing. I just finished up the DVDs for season 4 a few weeks ago and I think it may be my favorite. I am going to wait until the DVDs come out for season 5. But I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    South Park is quite amazing. But I've been wishing you'd come around so we could talk about the last couple episodes. This season RULES, Yabs. Omar in full effect again, yes. Love the newsroom too.
    Omar is one bad motherfucker.

The Wire is badass. I just started Season 3 a few days ago.

I think this is my next TV series for netflixing after I finish Six Feet Under and then Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

The Wire is a fantastic show, although I have only caught 1 1/2 seasons of it. I want to hit up earlier seasons before tackling the new one.

And I bought Dexter on a whim a few weeks back and I finished it off in a weekend. Excellent show!
    For your health

the wire suffers from HBO tourettes

"what the fuck are we going to do with this cocksucking fucker? shit."
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

The Wire is the only television show that matters. Or is worth watching, for that matter.

thestripe

I love "The Wire" but missed all of last season (updating netflix que fight now).

I am on the last disc of the first season and I LOVE it. I refuse to watch any series if I cant start out at the beginning. I just signed up for netflix and so I plan on watching many series I have never seen including the rest of The Wire and The Sopranos.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Oh God, I just wet myself.

I don't have HBO and haven't seen any season 5 yet so no spoilers please, but just the mention of the name Omar makes me happy. I'm glad he's a player in the current season.

We just re-watched season 2 and I forgot how fucking epic it was. I love their ending montages on the last episodes of each season.

Christ Ziggy!
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I am on the last disc of the first season and I LOVE it. I refuse to watch any series if I cant start out at the beginning. I just signed up for netflix and so I plan on watching many series I have never seen including the rest of The Wire and The Sopranos.
    You COULD watch the seasons out of order but man it would be a hell of a lot less interesting.

Season 5 is great so far. I really like season 2 more and more when i saw it again too. At first i was a little dissapointed with the docks, but it is epic you are right. I am wondering what ever happened to Nick Sabotka, did he just get shipped off to witness protection or something.

This isn't really a spoiler but be warned anyway.

Did anyone notice that in last nights episode at the homeless camp, the guy with the goatee drinking was Ziggy's friend from season 2 that helped steal the cars? Interesting that he is now a bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Season 5 is great so far. I really like season 2 more and more when i saw it again too. At first i was a little dissapointed with the docks, but it is epic you are right. I am wondering what ever happened to Nick Sabotka, did he just get shipped off to witness protection or something.

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT THROUGH SEASON TWO,

I think that was the idea, Nickie went through frickin' hell in those last two episodes.

Glad to see people are watching it. It seems like the word is finally getting out after years of inattention. Probably because Sopranos and Six Feet Under are gone and The Wire really stands out.

Can we talk about season one? I'm still in the midst of season two.

i'm down to talk about season 1, at least what i remeber of it. I am glad there are so many people going through it from season 1 now.

Jesus Christ people, get with it. I want to talk about the new season, the best it's ever been, goddammit.

I think its only the two of us have been watching the new season.

I beg you to be patient. I have been dealing with Greg bugging me about this show for about two years. I finally started it and I love it but I ran into a problem with blockbuster online. I have since switched to Netflix and I have every single dvd of every season in order on my queue. It is my mission and I will complete it. I predict I'll need a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I beg you to be patient. I have been dealing with Greg bugging me about this show for about two years. I finally started it and I love it but I ran into a problem with blockbuster online. I have since switched to Netflix and I have every single dvd of every season in order on my queue. It is my mission and I will complete it. I predict I'll need a couple weeks.
    What kind of issues did you run into with Blockbuster Online? For future reference.
    For your health

We'll start a new thread if we need to talk about the new season, fair enough? But Yabs, get on it, man. You're going to LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I think its only the two of us have been watching the new season.
    Make that three... season 5 has been epic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabs42177 View Post
    Make that three... season 5 has been epic so far.
    I can't tell you how awesome that is to hear. It sucks that they only are doing 10 episodes this season instead of the usual 12-13. But 10 hours of The Wire is still a gift from god.

Once all 10 have aired, then I plan on swooshing down the road not spoken of so I can watch them once a day. Since we started watching them after they were out, we're used to the one a day method. I couldn't handle being in the middle of a season and waiting a week in between shows.

Also, without spoilers, I think Season 4 was the best I've seen so far. Definitely had more of an impact. They are so good at showing you how the system works. Fucking amazing, educational and entertaining.

Yablo, I think I read somewhere that the finale is near 2 hours. Anything extra is simply icing on the cake.

Since season 5 isn't over yet, i can't rank it yet. But I think season 4 was the best by far, in terms of scope and emotional punch to the gut.

i think if i had to order the seasons it would be 4, 3, 2 and 1. For me it just keeps getting better each year.