Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uk tickets??

Talking Uk tickets??

hiya guys im a bit of a noob on this festival
    never been before
    but i was wandering wether the fact i live in uk will effect my chance of getting tickets??

Default Re: Uk tickets??

coachella isn't ridiculous like glastonbury is. if you go to ticketmaster when tickets go on sale, you will be able to get them. none of this "get in line, take a number" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Shouldn't make any difference - you just book 'em like everyone else. You can pick them up on the door (there was a huge queue to pick up tickets last year, but virtually none the year before - not sure why)

This'll be my 4th time flying over.

anyone know exactly what time the tickets go on sale? im in the UK so UK time would be helpful

2am saturday morning im in the uk too.... never been

hope its good!

RAGE

lol rage indeed! thats the only reason i wanna go where bouts in the uk you based? how much money you reckon your gonna have to spend?

I'm coming from the UK too.
    Not sure what I'm doing about a flight over there, looking at a few sites and the cheapest I could find was around 300 pounds return. A bit pricey but Rage are worth it !

Sheri.

Its realisticly going to cost about a grand.

Festival tix/camping
    Flights/other transport fee's
    Hotel (as im staying a few days befor an after)
    Expenses....

easily a grand.
    Last edited by bingo_caller; 01-22-2009 at 05:36 AM.

& yes, the MAIN reason im going is for rage.

I was thinking about the camping option, though it's the booking flights. I might camp then hotel it for a night or two, to recover for the flight home. I'm gonna have to save my pennies up, I have around 800 altogether. Maybe more it depends. Just going to keep searching for cheapish flights and a carpool over there. Thanks for the help.

cool well if at any point you do want some companions (were not much good) lol that will be fine & dandy.

I currently dont have a penny- im not worried! GOOD ol' bristish mentality for ya.

If you do find any particularly cheap flights will you post links, an i'll do likewise.

I'm also heading over from the UK to see RATM. Here's my opinions on costs etc..

Hopefully get a hold of a day ticket for about $100
    The cheapest flights I've seen are 268 from Manchester, connecting in Chicago, through STA travel. You need to be a student to get that price though.
    I think I'm going to go on the Thursday (cheaper flights) then just hang around in LA until the sunday morning, there are some decent hostels around Hollywood, $60 for 3 nights.
    Greyhound from LA to Indio is about $26, so $52 plus fees for return.
    About $25 per day food and drink budget

So I reckon by not spending much in LA (there's not much to do anyway), could be done on about 500 or less. We're lucky the exchange rate is so good as well, since the interest rates have gone up, so cheers to the Bank of England I guess

Sounds great thanks. I'll keep a look out for bargain flights, stopping global warming will have to wait. I know someone who is going but it's not a dead cert, I didn't even know about this until he told me.

Sheri.

I'm coming from sunny Wolverhampton, England. Hope there won't be any problems, but I'm torn between collecting tickets and risking there being a c0ck up at the door, or having them posted, and risk them being lost on the trip across the atlantic :\

Tickets on sale from 6pm our time on Saturday, they're 8 hours behind.

anyone know the closest airport and exactly where it is so i can figure out how im getting there! is it far from the airport?
    im hoping to get a day ticket, go up the day before and come back the day after and im either going to take a tent or use a youth hostel, or maybe rough it! not sure yet gonna plan that after ive got my tickets!
    im coming from brighton! anyone down that way?
    yea i saw flights from about 300

also are there going to be a limited number of tickets for the UK? and does anyone know how many tickets are actualy going on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    anyone know the closest airport and exactly where it is so i can figure out how im getting there! is it far from the airport?
    im hoping to get a day ticket, go up the day before and come back the day after and im either going to take a tent or use a youth hostel, or maybe rough it! not sure yet gonna plan that after ive got my tickets!
    im coming from brighton! anyone down that way?
    yea i saw flights from about 300
    The closest airport is LAX, Indio's just outside of LA. Don't let that make you think it's a breeze to get to though, LA's massive. I reckon the best way to get to Indio without a car is by coach with Greyhound, looked before and it takes about 3 hours for $26. If I remember right the station's near downtown somewhere. I was in LA about a year ago and got a bus from the city to the airport, took about half an hour I think. The place is a pain to get around because of its size, but the public transport is good.

2am saturday morning
    ...wouldn't 10 am PST be 6 pm UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    ...wouldn't 10 am PST be 6 pm UK?
    Yeah

6pm thats right.
    Last edited by bingo_caller; 01-23-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimsters View Post
    The closest airport is LAX, Indio's just outside of LA. Don't let that make you think it's a breeze to get to though, LA's massive. I reckon the best way to get to Indio without a car is by coach with Greyhound, looked before and it takes about 3 hours for $26. If I remember right the station's near downtown somewhere. I was in LA about a year ago and got a bus from the city to the airport, took about half an hour I think. The place is a pain to get around because of its size, but the public transport is good.
    ahhh thanks alot

Im flying out from London, UK.

Me and a few guys from work are gonna do the 3-day camping. Cant wait!

Can UK people buy tix from ticketmaster.com? I dont see Coachella on .co.uk.
    Last edited by Riffage; 01-24-2007 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Sta travel, i completely forgot about them. It's only about 30 cheaper than the flights i was looking it, but i'm paying for 2 people and am really broke, But it's worth it for Rage

Its a big world out there kids!!!!...course you can buy international tickets in the UK.
    I'm going from London to San Fran then driving down to the festival....There's about 4 of us brits.....1 southerner, 3 northerners!!!

ahh this is all so exciting, coming over from london as well with 2 other mates, gonna fly into lax was looking on sta travel 300 seems about the best price for no stops to la, you can book with sta if you're a student or under 26 so its worth checking out.

gonna hopefully get the greyhound from la and do the onsite camping for the 3 days, theres more than one greyhound bus right lol?

if anyone wants to they can add me msn scouse0163@msn.com so we can compare stuff!

Sounds like you got the same plan as me nabila

So UK people, shall we get a big camp going in the campsite where we can drink tea in bowler hats for the benefit of our yankee hosts?

If you book before end of this week .it is the BA sale...I got 300 to San Fran.
    Thats well cheap compared to normal....mind you i'm not a student anymore!!!!

Im going to be travelling out there at the time by myself so it would ne nice to meet up with some fellow brits/londoners. We should organize a meet up. Add me on msn to sort stuff out tomanderson27@hotmail.com
    Last edited by tomanderson27; 01-25-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Lurker

Has everyone got pre-sale tickets already? I can't find out where to get them and I'm not around on Saturday to let Ticketmaster mess me around. Is there another pre-sale this afternoon?

Theres a presale on ticketmaster today, i think it starts at 6pm our time. I signed up to the coachella mailing list yesterday and got emailed about it this morning. I think the password is Indio