My first post here, but long-time lurker.

As I travel all over the world for dance music I hoped I could share Global Gathering with you.
Global's a dance music (EDM) festival which is located in Shakespeare country in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

I've been going for seven years and it's one of the top 3 dance music festivals in the world for atmosphere, line-up and overall good times.
As America has only recently got into the whole electronic dance music scene, you really need to get a cheap ticket to Europe and experience what UK dance fans have been enjoying since the 80's.

If you like trance, house (of all types), drum & bass, dubstep, hardcore and the various threads beneath you will find this festival does work well.
I recommend a VIP pass, which is a much more pleasant camping experience (for about another 60); in the years I've been it's only rained for about an hour, the production in the off-stage areas is excellent and even the artists get better each year.
As you'd expect from a European dance music festival, you do get the cream of the crop performing and some decent new DJ's too.
Anyway, it's the experience that makes it, the fellow ravers make you feel welcome and it's a full programme for a weekend of excess.

http://www.globalgathering.com/
*I don't work for them by the way and this isn't a camouflaged marketing ploy.

Anyway, give it a try if you have a few extra bucks to spend on the plane fare.