Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1678

Thread: FYF Fest 2013

  1. #1381
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,237

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I don't remember eating in the fest last year. I can't remember what I got. Maybe Spicy Pie? I know I started my day off at Philippe's both days, probably will be doing the same again this year.

  2. #1382
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,183

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    haven't seen any mention of this... avocado festival will be going on at Angel City Brewery on sat, I will def be stopping by on my way to try their avocado ale. it's about a mile and half from the fest or 2 metro stops away on the gold line.
    Yes, will probably stop in on way to metro from Wurstkuche.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  3. #1383
    Member MR.NOVEMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South bay
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Checked the faq's on the website but was wondering if anyone has had a problem bringing in a backpack that has a built in battery pack to charge cell phones? I have a FŪL power bag.

  4. #1384
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I can't imagine they'd care as long as it's within the size limits (approx 18 x 11)

  5. #1385
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,183

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I can't imagine why that would be a problem, unless you get a stupid security guard that doesn't understand what it is.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  6. #1386
    Member DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,493

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I might be hitting up Wurstkuche during the day on Saturday with my small group...not taking the metro till 3 or 4.

    I've been really into Paracosm but since I haven't seen Beach House yet I think i'll only catch the last bit of his set.

    Also, If anyone has an extra Sunday pass i'll take it!

  7. #1387
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    I don't remember eating in the fest last year. I can't remember what I got. Maybe Spicy Pie? I know I started my day off at Philippe's both days, probably will be doing the same again this year.
    Haha, me too. Somehow, I awoke with a slice of Spicy Pie folded up inside a paper plate inside my purse the next morning.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  8. #1388
    Member crombrenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Got a last minute pass. Wurstkuche sounds like a great start to the day. A couple of rookie questions. How close is the metro to wurstkuche? Is there a certain place to park that allows you to leave your car there for 12 hours for a cheap price? Does the metro still run after the show ends?

    Can't wait!!
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

  9. #1389
    Member gazercmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    877

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    If anyone knows a place to park near the Hilton Doubletree or Wurstkuche where I can leave my car from Saturday morning to Monday morning at a decent rate, I'd appreciate any info. The hotel charges $30/day for parking...

  10. #1390
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    9,870

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Got a last minute pass. Wurstkuche sounds like a great start to the day. A couple of rookie questions. How close is the metro to wurstkuche? Is there a certain place to park that allows you to leave your car there for 12 hours for a cheap price? Does the metro still run after the show ends?

    Can't wait!!
    Metro runs until 2 AM each night I believe.

  11. #1391
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Got a last minute pass. Wurstkuche sounds like a great start to the day. A couple of rookie questions. How close is the metro to wurstkuche? Is there a certain place to park that allows you to leave your car there for 12 hours for a cheap price? Does the metro still run after the show ends?

    Can't wait!!
    I know this doesn't answer your specific question, but it might help others. Last year we parked overnight at the Hollywood and Highland center which has a daily maximum of $13 and is walkable to the metro station. I plan on doing it again because my hotel also has expensive parking and is nearby that parking structure anyway.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  12. #1392
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Got a last minute pass. Wurstkuche sounds like a great start to the day. A couple of rookie questions. How close is the metro to wurstkuche? Is there a certain place to park that allows you to leave your car there for 12 hours for a cheap price? Does the metro still run after the show ends?

    Can't wait!!
    The closest metro stop is the Gold Line - Little Tokyo stop. Around Wurstkuche and the Little Tokyo Gold Line stop there are a few 10-hour parking meters scattered a couple of blocks, east of Alameda -- max is $4. After 4pm it's pretty much free. But these spots get filled up pretty quickly if there's an event going on -- like Art Walk.

    During the last couple of years I've attended FYF, I've been taking the Gold Line, and parking at Heritage Square -- it's free. There are a few stations with free parking lots, it's just a matter of finding one closest to you (or your route to the festival).

    Here's the info for gold, red and blue line (not sure what area you're traveling from; those are the 3 main ones I've heard of). I tend to look for the stations with Free On-site Parking listed underneath.
    Last edited by eudaemonia; 08-22-2013 at 02:00 PM.

  13. #1393
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,322

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Haha, me too. Somehow, I awoke with a slice of Spicy Pie folded up inside a paper plate inside my purse the next morning.
    Hahaha, this year you should freeze it, bring it out during the non-festival months, and get your fix.

  14. #1394
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Hahaha, this year you should freeze it, bring it out during the non-festival months, and get your fix.

    Haha! No kidding, that's an awesome idea. I was totally crushed that I wasted that slice and almost ate it. I think I was wasted and The Faint came on and I didn't want to litter, or I just wanted to dance, or who knows.

    ALTHOUGH(!!!) I found a mid year replacement in Ventura called Tony's Pizzeria (http://www.yelp.com/biz/tonys-pizzeria-ventura). Holy tastebuds, sooooo good!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  15. #1395
    Member crombrenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by eudaemonia View Post
    The closest metro stop is the Gold Line - Little Tokyo stop. Around Wurstkuche and the Little Tokyo Gold Line stop there are a few 10-hour parking meters scattered a couple of blocks, east of Alameda -- max is $4. After 4pm it's pretty much free. But these spots get filled up pretty quickly if there's an event going on -- like Art Walk.

    During the last couple of years I've attended FYF, I've been taking the Gold Line, and parking at Heritage Square -- it's free. There are a few stations with free parking lots, it's just a matter of finding one closest to you (or your route to the festival).

    Here's the info for gold, red and blue line (not sure what area you're traveling from; those are the 3 main ones I've heard of). I tend to look for the stations with Free On-site Parking listed underneath.
    Thank you!!
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

  16. #1396
    Member MissBellaHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LA, CA
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    4th Street near Wurstkuche is free street parking all weekend.
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

  17. #1397
    Member MissBellaHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LA, CA
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    haven't seen any mention of this... avocado festival will be going on at Angel City Brewery on sat, I will def be stopping by on my way to try their avocado ale. it's about a mile and half from the fest or 2 metro stops away on the gold line.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    For the adventurous types, Angel City is launching its new Avocado infused beer on the 24th. Only a block away from Wurst

    http://now.msn.com/avocado-ale-to-de...in-los-angeles
    We're gonna go after Wurst.
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

  18. #1398
    Member gazercmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    877

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MissBellaHell View Post
    4th Street near Wurstkuche is free street parking all weekend.
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find something there.

  19. #1399
    Member anonimouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,188

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    hay guise i just got here. so what stage is Wurstkuche playing on?
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

  20. #1400
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MissBellaHell View Post
    We're gonna go after Wurst.
    That's the decision I've made too after looking over the food truck menu, Octopops looks amazing. I mean, avocado beer sounds good too. (The pomegranate saison sounds better to me).

  21. #1401
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Anyone going else going to the Ty Segall/Deafheaven pre-shows?

  22. #1402
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,183

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That's the decision I've made too after looking over the food truck menu, Octopops looks amazing. I mean, avocado beer sounds good too. (The pomegranate saison sounds better to me).
    Their beer in general is pretty good, the space is amazing, and it's literally a block from Wurst on the way. Totally a fun thing to do for out-of-towners too.

    FUCK I AM SO EXCITED
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  23. #1403
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Did anyone see the Instagram post about the scarves? 3,000 given away at Chilli Beans booth. They said they even pre washed them so they're soft. How nice is that?!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  24. #1404
    Member anonimouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,188

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Did anyone see the Instagram post about the scarves? 3,000 given away at Chilli Beans booth. They said they even pre washed them so they're soft. How nice is that?!
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

  25. #1405
    Member arthurbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    359

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Where have the food vendors been announced?

  26. #1406
    Member LiquidL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    hay guise i just got here. so what stage is Wurstkuche playing on?
    Sahara, of course!
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

  27. #1407
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    so was that the first glance at MGMT's tour last night on letterman?

    i mean, could they ever TRY to give a shit about making a better live experience, for you know, people who want to enjoy their show.. UGHS

  28. #1408

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.NOVEMBER View Post
    Checked the faq's on the website but was wondering if anyone has had a problem bringing in a backpack that has a built in battery pack to charge cell phones? I have a FŪL power bag.
    Last year there was this over-officious jerk (quoting Marv Levy) of a "lady" apparently in charge and telling people they couldn't bring in even regular Jansport back packs. Thankfully, we ducked over to a different area and had a more sane person check our bag and we got in.

    Btw, getting in last year on Saturday as the gates opened was a clusterf*ck. They opened the gates up late and there was little in the way of organization at the gates. Hope they got that part right, but a 2.00 opening for a 2.30 show makes me nervous.

  29. #1409
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.NOVEMBER View Post
    Checked the faq's on the website but was wondering if anyone has had a problem bringing in a backpack that has a built in battery pack to charge cell phones? I have a FŪL power bag.
    If you click on the "yes/no" link on the fyf site, it says, "OK (Small) Backpacks 18.5" x 11.75" x 4.3" (think Jansport/Incase)" So as long as it's within those dimensions? I would screen shot that from their site and have it on your phone just in case though...
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  30. #1410

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    TOMORROW.

Similar Threads

  1. Fun Fun Fun Fest
    By TomAz in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM
  3. Fun Fun Fun Fest
    By karma_guy in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM
  4. No Fun Fest
    By wmgaretjax in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM
  5. which fest is best?
    By balls2thewall in forum Questions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •