Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1679

Thread: FYF Fest 2013

Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ratatatfan View Post
    Am I the only person really crushed by the Les Savy Fav vs. Omar Souleyman conflict?

Also, does anyone have insight as to what Nosaj's show is like these days? Is he still doing the (very tasteful, IMHO) projector routine? A la http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPSiL4JG-IM
    I saw him open for the weeknd last december, im hoping this will be different, but for the weeknd he pumped his music in the dark. Boring to say the least. I could have just listened to him at home. Im certain itll be different. Dont know about the projector routine.

I may have to end my Saturday with the Simian Mobile Disco b2b Bicep set and skip the rest.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Anyone know if "masks" or "dust masks" are prohibited at FYF like they were at Hard Summer?

More effective than a bandanna...
    I don't but they are prohibited at HARD because of their association with raves (people put vapor rub and all kinds of shit in them form what i recall), and they're really hardcore about not letting rave paraphernalia in. I doubt FYF security would be specifically instructed to look for those or not let those in like HARD security is.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

do we have no devendra fans here? i have been fortunate enough to catch deerhunter four times already this year, so i will catch most od devendra banhart and then run over to deerhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and MBV are on the Carrie stage. It's the main stage.
    Yeah that's what I figured too, but the main stage is now the one on the far right side of the part and not the stage in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    They definitely changed the layout this year.
    I'm wondering why they've moved the main stage - maybe to ease congestion getting to the other stages? To cut back on soundbleed?

That's good to hear. But I'm still expecting to eat dust this year like past years, so I'm showing up prepared. Still gonna be a blast.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

excited for Jonathan Richman -> Mac DeMarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Here's the map in question guys

I was bored last night so I made a ClashFinder for the weekend; I realize it's not a very big festival but whatevs: http://clashfinder.com/s/fyffest2013/

Also, can someone more well versed in editing photos than I make a version of the set times which mirrors the order of the stages (i.e. Miranda-Charlotte-Samantha-Carrie) instead of how it is now?
    Last edited by nosurprises12; 08-17-2013 at 11:35 AM.

I can do that for you. Give me a minute.

Good enough, little cosmetic bs thats the real effort. Only fyf would put them out in some arbitrary way in the first place. Maybe they just want the "main stage" to be listed first to show off the big name, meh.

Thanks Cutter! I think the original set times are listed alphabetically, which I suppose is some kind of order but not one you would think to use for a music festival.

I thought last years set up was perfect, so I'm a little disappointed in the change. I loved drinking beers on the hill top watching bands on the main stage. I'll most likely be between the Carrie & Samantha stages for a lot of the time anyways, so no big deal.

Ah, makes it much easier to plan split sets seeing the layout, thanks! it is really annoying when schedules are not put in the geographical order of the stages.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

That's quite a change from last year's layout.

F*** it.

Decided after seeing the nearly conflict-free sets for me that I'm going to go by myself. My girlfriend had to go out of town this weekend and my 3 buddies who told me they can go all backed out for their own reasons, but I'll be there on my own.

Hopefully I'll run into some of y'all and we can run together from Beach House to the second half of Washed Out.

I just had a thought. Can someone tell Sean to tell Death Grips to fuck off, and book DMX in their place? bark bark bark, bitches!

Decided to go last minute... who has a floor I can sleep on?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyMBeck View Post
    do we have no devendra fans here? i have been fortunate enough to catch deerhunter four times already this year, so i will catch most od devendra banhart and then run over to deerhunter.
    Ill be catching devendra's full set. I've heard nothing but great thingbs about his sets so he's been on my must see list.

Bigger main stage, looks like they dont want the light bleed from the metro track. I hope the sound bleed isnt too bad though with the stage facing the rest of the stages.

The Charles Bradley/Ty Segall conflict is the worst one for me. Also The Breeders/Toro Y Moi to a lesser extent.

Bagged mint julep dance party during Horse Meat Disco

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    I hope the sound bleed isnt too bad though with the stage facing the rest of the stages.
    I was thinking about this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    The Charles Bradley/Ty Segall conflict is the worst one for me. Also The Breeders/Toro Y Moi to a lesser extent.
    You go Charles Bradley over Segall, and the Breeders but if they are in one of their moods, bail and go see Toro y Moi. Breeders have been shit the two times I've seen them.

I've seen Charles twice and I've seen Ty three times...........

Fuck it's a hard choice though. Probably will be a game time decision.

Wish I could go to this festival.

Yo La Tango, Beach House and MBV all on the same stage on the same day sounds like a dream.

Breeders and Title Fight are one of my biggest conflicts, oddly. The one time I saw The Breeders (Coachella 2008) I liked it a lot...and seeing Last Splash sounds awesome.

I am also really glad I saw Yo La Tengo this summer already because that whole block with them against No age, !!!, Touche Amore, Baroness, and Glasser is nuts.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 08-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Breeders are Title Fight are one of my biggest conflicts, oddly. The one time I saw The Breeders (Coachella 2008) I liked it a lot...and seeing Last Splash sounds awesome.

I am also really glad I saw Yo La Tengo this summer already because that whole block with them against No age, !!!, Touche Amore, Baroness, and Glasser is nuts.
    Luckily for us, breeders and title fight are 30 minutes apart so seeing a bit of each is doable.

I've decided to see Touché Amore, I didn't really care for No Age's new record.

Honestly, if you catch 15 minutes of No Age you're good. Unless you're legitimately familiar with the music, it all starts to sound to same. Only so much you can do with a 2 piece punk band. I just caught them at Santa Monica and I thought an hour and ten minutes might have even been to much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kfordham View Post
    Honestly, if you catch 15 minutes of No Age you're good. Unless you're legitimately familiar with the music, it all starts to sound to same. Only so much you can do with a 2 piece punk band. I just caught them at Santa Monica and I thought an hour and ten minutes might have even been to much for them.
    Three piece. And also, no.

Sure some of the songs sound similar, but that's not the point. That they're a blast is the point. So it really comes down to whether you want to have fun for 15 minutes, as you suggest, or whether you want to have fun for longer.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I thought they were back to a two-piece again. But yes, No Age are always worth your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****