Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1678

Thread: FYF Fest 2013

  1. #991
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    20,057

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Thanks, i was scrambling around trying to find where it was posted. They're probably waiting until after they play that Santa Monica Pier show to officially announce it.
    The Santa Monica Pier show was this past Thursday.
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)
    11/09 - Slowdive - Ace


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  2. #992
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    OH. I still have Vegas brain
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  3. #993
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    On a scale from 1 to Stupid, does my hope of Deafheaven getting added to the festival stand a shot at becoming reality?

  4. #994
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I think it's unlikely, but you never know.

    FYI that show the night before has now been moved from the Echo to the Echoplex and there currently are tickets available again.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  5. #995
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    20,057

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    On a scale from 1 to Stupid, does my hope of Deafheaven getting added to the festival stand a shot at becoming reality?
    Wouldn't 1 be stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    FYI that show the night before has now been moved from the Echo to the Echoplex and there currently are tickets available again.
    Fucking bullshit.
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)
    11/09 - Slowdive - Ace


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  6. #996
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Fucking bullshit.
    YES.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  7. #997
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,218

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think it's unlikely, but you never know.

    FYI that show the night before has now been moved from the Echo to the Echoplex and there currently are tickets available again.
    Better hurry before it sells out! I can't wait to see them again soon Such a good band live!

    Low Ticket warning in full effect for the August 23rd show in Los Angeles at Echoplex get tix here

    10/24 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/24 Dusky @ Verboten
    10/25 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/25 Slowdive @ T5
    10/25 Raresh @ TBA
    10/26 Thurston Moore @ Rough Trade


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  8. #998
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,446

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I think it's unlikely, but you never know.

    FYI that show the night before has now been moved from the Echo to the Echoplex and there currently are tickets available again.
    Echo's facebook warned that Echoplex is almost sold out now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

  9. #999
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    We are still a few weeks out, but I would like to officially propose a pre-show drunken lunch for Saturday at Wurstkuche http://www.wurstkuche.com/dtla.html

    It is located in the Arts District adjacent to Little Tokyo - it's less than a 10 minute walk to the AD/LT Gold Line train stop, which is 2 stops away from the Chinatown stop, right at the base of the park.

    So for anybody staying downtown for the fest or who wants to drive in a little early, lets do this! Delicious sausages (including really good vegetarian options), amazing Belgian-style fries, and a really good selection of German and Belgian beers. I'll plan on being there around noon on Saturday.

    Will think of something awesome for Sunday as well, if not going right back to Wurst the next day. With doors not even opening until 2pm, we have plenty of time to pre party this year!
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  10. #1000
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,446

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/23 IAMX@Glass House - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/26 IAMX@Complex - 10/27 Tycho/Com Truise@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda - 11/3 Galantis/Booka Shade@Mayan - 11/8 Digitalism@El Rey - 11/14 DFA1979@Regent - 11/15 The Presets@Regent

  11. #1001
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,463

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    It's a bad idea to start partying that early. Zack and I will be there.

    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

  12. #1002
    Member MissBellaHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LA, CA
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    It's the best idea.
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

  13. #1003
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,760

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I'm probably in as well.

  14. #1004
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,893

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I'll come out for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  15. #1005
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I'll bump this as a reminder as we get closer. Even if you choose not to drink liters of beer, the food is way better than anything you'll have in the fest anyway so it'll be a good base to lay down.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  16. #1006
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,760

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    "Even if you choose not to"? you don't know this crowd very well, apparently.

  17. #1007
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    That was more to general people reading this thread that i might not know that well.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  18. #1008
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I fully expect to wheel Zack and Cara into the fest on wheelbarrows
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 08-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  19. #1009

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013


  20. #1010

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    We are still a few weeks out, but I would like to officially propose a pre-show drunken lunch for Saturday at Wurstkuche http://www.wurstkuche.com/dtla.html

    It is located in the Arts District adjacent to Little Tokyo - it's less than a 10 minute walk to the AD/LT Gold Line train stop, which is 2 stops away from the Chinatown stop, right at the base of the park.

    So for anybody staying downtown for the fest or who wants to drive in a little early, lets do this! Delicious sausages (including really good vegetarian options), amazing Belgian-style fries, and a really good selection of German and Belgian beers. I'll plan on being there around noon on Saturday.

    Will think of something awesome for Sunday as well, if not going right back to Wurst the next day. With doors not even opening until 2pm, we have plenty of time to pre party this year!
    I'd recommend Chego http://eatchego.com/

    I used to frequent this place when it was on the west side and have been sad ever since it moved. It was BYOB in the old location. Not sure what the deal is with booze in the new location. Just a suggestion in case you've never been. It's pretty fucking good.

  21. #1011
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I live in the area, that place looks good, not sure about it being a fun meet up place, but I definitely want to go check it out soon
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  22. #1012
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if I miss out on them AGAIN just because they want to be total dicks
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  23. #1013
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,326

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    That seems to be their MO.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  24. #1014

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I think they should drop em now before they pull the same BS like they did at Lolla.

  25. #1015
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,326

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    What they really should do is book a contingency band in case they don't show up. Don't allow that bullshit "drum set, suicide note and album" stuff go on. Put on an act that wants to play. I hear D'Angelo likes Los Angeles.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  26. #1016
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,083

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Death Grips music sucks, their album covers suck, their shows suck. They just fucking suck.

  27. #1017

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Think I might be rolling solo to FYF this year...

  28. #1018
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,020

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    Re: Death Grips

    I saw this comment earlier and I tend to agree:

    I didn't have tickets to the aftershow, so I'm not mad about it personally. I'm just offended by them. If anyone actually cared about "punk rock" or whatever naive ideal you assume they were catering to, you would understand that bands that "don't give a shit" never need to pull stupid publicity stunts. You understand that is what this is right? It's ironic, because everyone who "gets it" fails to realize that DG does actually give a shit, very much so in fact. They care so much about perpetuating this image of themselves. And to me that is stupid, sad and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  29. #1019
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,472

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    I agree too, and it's maddening because I enjoy their music so much.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  30. #1020
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,020

    Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

    As do I. Their Coachella set was insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Similar Threads

  1. Fun Fun Fun Fest
    By TomAz in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM
  3. Fun Fun Fun Fest
    By karma_guy in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM
  4. No Fun Fest
    By wmgaretjax in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM
  5. which fest is best?
    By balls2thewall in forum Questions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •