Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FYF Fest 2013

Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I asked this in the other upcoming shows thread but it would probably fit better here... With GY!BE starting their tour heading down the west coast, do you think it is possible that they would play FYF and then head back up to the northwest corner and make their way back down? I only ask because FYF was advertising them playing the fonda on their instagram...
    Well, that's an FYF sponsored event. They've been sponsoring a lot of stuff. Chvrches, Dinosaur Jr., etc. Maybe they'll all be there, but I'm sure it's more a promo thing. Even if Godspeed was there, I'd rather see them in Pomona in a more intimate setting. Can't wait for that fucking show.
    Upcoming Shows:

4/12-4/15 Coachella Weekend 1 ~ 4/26 DJ Shadow ~ 5/30 Tame Impala ~ 7/27 John Mayer ~ 8/24-8/25 FYF ~ 9/14 Godspeed You! Black Emperor ~ 10/16 Disclosure

Quote Originally Posted by lowlifegalaxy View Post
    My Bloody Valentine
    TV on the Radio
    Beach House
    Deerhunter
    Junior Boys
    The Blood Brothers

These bands will very likely be there. Can't say how I know, but it's from a really reliable source.
    Dammit. After last year's awesome lineup and seeing these rumors and YYYs I've officially gotten carried away with my expectations of what this bill is going to look like...

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I asked this in the other upcoming shows thread but it would probably fit better here... With GY!BE starting their tour heading down the west coast, do you think it is possible that they would play FYF and then head back up to the northwest corner and make their way back down? I only ask because FYF was advertising them playing the fonda on their instagram...
    I thought that, but with them playing 3 LA/So Cal shows already, I really doubt they do FYF as well.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

My Bloody Valentine
    TV on the Radio
    Beach House
    Deerhunter
    Junior Boys
    The Blood Brothers

These bands will very likely be there. Can't say how I know, but it's from a really reliable source.
    This seems very expensive already. I highly doubt it. Unless we're seeing another ticket raise again.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I bet My Bloody Valentine doesn't come around until the fall, or perhaps spring 2014.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I thought that, but with them playing 3 LA/So Cal shows already, I really doubt they do FYF as well.
    Thats what my gut feeling was. But just thought I would ponder that one out loud...
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

I have a feeling the Neighbourhood could show up. They've been making the rounds. They played Coachella. They're local. No August dates. It would give them more exposure. Not really a significant act, but if they make it and you haven't seen them, they're worth checking out. I also heard their song "Sweater Weather" is on the radio?...

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    This seems very expensive already. I highly doubt it. Unless we're seeing another ticket raise again.
    I wouldn't mind paying $99 for a 2 day pass at all if they can get a line-up similar to last year.

As for the Blood Brothers, it's possible since Waxwing will be playing a reunion show at the end of August Last month, there was an interview with Cody from the Blood Brothers...

UTG: In the years that have passed since the group parted ways in 2007, a lot has changed. Youve all grown and gone on to pursue new creative avenues, but do you think a time will ever come when The Blood Brothers are together again?

CV: Honestly, I think everything is possible, but I do not think its something that is totally likely in the near future. It comes up every once in while, with people asking us if we plan to return, or offers come in reunite, but it never seems to be the right time. Everyone has other stuff going on, but I think that it is something that could eventually happen. Im not sure how much older we could get and still do it though [laughs]. An older version of Blood Brothers? Im not sure that would be any good. Anything is possible though.
    http://www.underthegunreview.net/201...o-island-burn/

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Blood brothers would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Blood Brothers would make this festival for me - some good memories of them when they were at their peak. Thought the two guys that played in Head Wound City kind of hated each other though?

Reliable to be limp?Well Supre that isn't something to be proud about.
    Limp Wrist?

Will MBV still play? Probably not after they've been confirmed for Electric Picnic with Bjork, the Knife, Arctic Monkeys and etc....

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/holding.html

MBV
    08/04 Katowice, PL @ OFF Festival
    08/08 Sibernik, HR @ Terraneo Festival
    08/10 Helsinki, FI @ Flow Festival
    08/30-09/1 - Stradbally Estate, Ireland @ Electric Picnic
    09/05 Cologne, DE @ Live Music Hall
    09/07 Berlin, DE @ Berlin Festival
    09/08 Munich, DE @ Townhalle

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Reliable to be limp?Well Supre that isn't something to be proud about.
    Dont talk about your own dick like that dude. Alcohol causes performances issues btw.

Quote Originally Posted by alec111 View Post
    Limp Wrist?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Dammit. After last year's awesome lineup and seeing these rumors and YYYs I've officially gotten carried away with my expectations of what this bill is going to look like...
    What rumors. Anyone can make a list of names and freak people out. 2 acts out of those 6 probably play, thats it.

I hope the lineup is good this year
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Arent you going to be too busy getting all plur somewhere else that weekend?

Dont know why you would assume that, but no
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Just throwing this out there. but itd be pretty sweet if they got Cut Copy

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Will MBV still play? Probably not after they've been confirmed for Electric Picnic with Bjork, the Knife, Arctic Monkeys and etc....

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/holding.html
    I really need to get back to that festival! One of the best festivals I've ever been to. Right up there with Coachella, except I'll take the heat at Coachella over the rain in Ireland. But still. Amazing festival with a lot of great acts and solid production.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/0...in_january.php

"The Los Angeles State Historic Park... could close in January for a year. The good news: a bigger green space with more amenities could take its place in 2015."

Nice. If this were to happen, I wonder where FYF would be held in 2014. Downtown LA?

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/0...in_january.php

"The Los Angeles State Historic Park... could close in January for a year. The good news: a bigger green space with more amenities could take its place in 2015."

Nice. If this were to happen, I wonder where FYF would be held in 2014. Downtown LA?
    God, it sure needs the overhaul!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Just throwing this out there. but itd be pretty sweet if they got Cut Copy
    I'd fucking love this

They could actually have it in downtown. And i dont know why its taken them so long to actually put grads where its needed. That park has gotten enough money with all the events so far.

I would think Local Natives would make a good near-headliner.

Neutral Milk Hotel is back togeather...

^ That would be the headliner to bring ALL the hipsters out from across america to LA for this event.

Edit - I looked at their schedule. Their first dates aren't until October and its listed for their hometown. I doubt they will play anywhere else prior to to playing their homecoming show so to speak. But I suppose anything is possible.
    Last edited by kfordham; 04-30-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Anybody think Animal Collective could possibly be a headliner in addition to Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

There is a big gap between a date in TN on July 19 and then return to tour in Salt Lake City on September 8. Panda Bear played a few years back, so I could see the possibility. They played the bowl last September, and are doing another leg of tour dates around the US but no LA date.

Local Natives makes sense as the last headliner. Or maybe Deerhunter?

I expect to see Savages, John Talabot, Metz, Chvrches, Shlomo as FYF has been heavily promoting them.

I sure hope not.

Please please please let Animal Collective play.

@FYFFEST: We will be announcing the line up for FYF Fest before memorial weekend. Not going to tease you with hints this year. Will be worth the wait

Fugazi would be worth the 'wait'
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields