Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FYF Fest 2013

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: FYF Fest 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Note the arrow pointing towards Downtown. A distinct neighborhood.
    I guess this is turning into a pointless argument lol but note the arrow to downtown being on a freeway. It's sort of hard to be in downtown when you're on a freeway, innit? Plus you're looking at Alameda Street, which is also downtown.....

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Please stop quoting the meth head. Some of us prefer not to be subjected to his drivel.
    Your fascination with amphetamines is becoming quite disturbing. Is this some kind of virgin rage you're trying to unleash on me? Unleash that shit on a vagina, scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Holy shit. He lives in San Bernadino.

The armpit of America.
    True enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I guess this is turning into a pointless argument lol but note the arrow to downtown being on a freeway. It's sort of hard to be in downtown when you're on a freeway, innit? Plus you're looking at Alameda Street, which is also downtown.....
    Alameda isn't only downtown though. It travels south through USC and University Park, down into Compton.

I can see the argument for chinatown being considered downtown, but for many reasons I think it's just wrong. Different maps I've found give different demarcations for the area, from Downtown to Chinatown to LA Metropolitan Center to Elysian Park, so I'll concede that the argument is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I mean.... Pomona is Los Angeles. Long Beach is Los Angeles. It's a big place. I'd consider anything within two miles of downtown to still be downtown, regardless of district. It's probably not a debate worth us googling against each other, but it is a somewhat interesting topic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I mean.... Pomona is Los Angeles. Long Beach is Los Angeles. It's a big place. I'd consider anything within two miles of downtown to still be downtown, regardless of district. It's probably not a debate worth us googling against each other, but it is a somewhat interesting topic lol
    You really want to consider Pomona, L.A.? Technically it is due to county borders, but shit dude, its a 909 area code. So yeah, youre kinda fucked here. And its on the border, so thats really stretching it.

This is an interesting topic because dumbfucks like you, live in a shitty city that considers itself ''nice''. So when you hear ''downtown los angeles'' you think its fucking dirty.

I already agreed that San Bernardino is less than nice lol and what else would you consider Pomona? It's an interesting topic because, until now, angry birds like you have stayed out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Awwww pretty lame moving it from a holiday weekend. It's gonna be hard to go to work the day after that. Harder for people to come from out of town too, especially one week before a 3-day weekend.
    And I would rather just go to Echo Park Rising again assuming it's going to be the same weekend.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Now that the Coachella lineup is out, I wonder who will carry over to FYF this year.
    Seeing as how they pulled M83, Refused, and Beirut last year, I think a lot of the undercard is fair game for FYF, of course, depending on band schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I still have wet dreams about the bass during James Blake's set
    You're not alone on that.
    At the end of his set, he mentioned that he'd be returning to do new album stuff... so I HOPE that remains true

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterons View Post
    Now that the Coachella lineup is out, I wonder who will carry over to FYF this year.
    Seeing as how they pulled M83, Refused, and Beirut last year, I think a lot of the undercard is fair game for FYF, of course, depending on band schedules.
    Hopefully Modest Mouse, Sigur Ros, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, the xx, and Dead Can Dance.

You're not alone on that.
    At the end of his set, he mentioned that he'd be returning to do new album stuff... so I HOPE that remains true
    Agreed.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Moreso than Coachella itself, you can tell a lot from the bands that are showing up at multiple festivals. FYF actually had more in common with Primavera (which also got M83, Refused, and Beirut) last year. So now that we have both Coachella and Primavera lineups, you can see who is on both and it will give you a pretty good idea of who will be showing up at a lot of the festivals throughout the year.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I could see My Bloody Valentine at fyf more fitting than Coachella also. Pomona is becoming a way more "nicer" of an place than it has been in probably decades with the fox renovation,new clubs,and slowly better bars...as well the upcoming renovation and merge of acerogami and the glass house.Just because the traffic is awful for an Los Angelian to make it out there I really wish you guys could see that its really one of our only spots to see great music ..not including The Fox(riverside),The Barn, or my favorite Pappy and Harriets.I just get really offended by the consantly being knock down about the IE OR Southern California in general.
    Last edited by getbetter; 01-26-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Moreso than Coachella itself, you can tell a lot from the bands that are showing up at multiple festivals. FYF actually had more in common with Primavera (which also got M83, Refused, and Beirut) last year. So now that we have both Coachella and Primavera lineups, you can see who is on both and it will give you a pretty good idea of who will be showing up at a lot of the festivals throughout the year.
    So, you're saying The Knife & MBV for FYF 2013?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That would be amazing, but we don't have any indication of them coming stateside at all yet.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

pomona = 30 miles from la

just a friendly reminder that FYF is promoting an upcoming schlomo show, so I think he's on this year's bill. Also, they put out another tweet saying how much they loved a song by Jawbreaker....is it happening?

They do stuff like that all throughout the year. If they promote a show I'd say it almost makes that act less likely to play the festival, as they were brought to Los Angeles by FYF. Sean uses the FYF facebook just to talk about music for large parts of the year, so don't expect that what he posts will correlate with who plays the fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I don't care how, but whenever or where ever Jawbreaker gets back together, I'll be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I don't care how, but whenever or where ever Jawbreaker gets back together, I'll be there.
    This.

I am guessing Titus Androcious,Metz,and The Breeders will be on the line up.
    Translation

Last.fm

This is the frontside and backside of the postcard. Find one, fill it out, mail it back to us and BAM! We will send a gift back to you.

These we will spread all over Los Angeles this weekend and can be found at anyone of our shows.

Working off a wild theory, but would be very exciting if true.. so here it is. Sigur Ros isn't playing in any LA area venues outside of their appearance at Coachella. They're not playing in Portland. They ARE playing in Seattle at Sasquatch fest. They don't have any other tour dates currently set in August except for the 30th and 31st in which they will be playing in England. Doesn't seem like 5 or 6 days (depending) would be to much time to travel to England. More to the point, I could see them skipping Portland if they planned on coming back for Portland's MusicFest NW in the fall which, judging from last year line up, shares many of the same artists featured in FYF's line up... might be a long shot, but I can dream. haha

Yeah, you are guessing vey wrong.

Vey? Didn't you just razz someone in the upcoming show thread for a simple misspelling like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

sigur ros would be amazing but they are too internationally famous for fyf (i assume)

Maybe Supre is speaking yiddish.... oy vey!
    Translation

Last.fm

The Postal Service are playing The Greek in Berkeley on Aug. 26th... Possibly playing FYF?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlifegalaxy View Post
    The Postal Service are playing The Greek in Berkeley on Aug. 26th... Possibly playing FYF?
    Read a calendar. July 26th

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

HOW CAN ANYONE FUCKING STAND YOU?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

One of my favorite sets from last year Jane Doe/Dark Horse...

9/2 Alt-J @ LPR
    9/3 Sun Araw/Man Forever @ BA
    9/4 DJ Shadow @ Irving Plaza
    9/5 Stacey Pullen/Octave One @ Verboten
    9/6 Evian Christ/Forest Swords @ PS1
    9/6 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.