Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: METZ

Default Re: METZ

Fuck you, kid, and your skinny jeans, Metz killed it at the Echo tonight. They played for at max 35 minutes, and they didn't waste a second. I think they said things on stage, I think they played songs I know, but really it didn't matter because they were amped as shit and so was I. 3 songs in the crowd wasn't moving, so sushov and I decided that it was time for some dancing. We barreled into the audience and for the rest of the show it was a madhouse. Top 5 sets of the year for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

And the closing version of Wet Blanket is ferocious. Long, gnarly, vicious, ferocious. Titus Andronicus has a large pair of shoes to fill tomorrow night.

I am so stoked for this show tomorrow. Metz on Thursday into Titus on Saturday is going to be so fun.

I could write a review, but it would be the same thing Bryan wrote. So awesome, I cannot wait for round 2 on Friday with Ceremony, and Titus. woooooo

What Jesse and Bryan said. Crazy show and the most amazing energy i've seen all year. I can't wait to see them again next time around, sad i have family in town and can't go Friday. They are definitely going to get bigger, but don't know if they can sustain that level of intensity for a full hour. Do they even have enough material?

Oh, and what the band was saying onstage was along the lines of "we have some stuff for sale. Tshirts. our album. A 7". it's like a limited edition or something. I don't even know what that means" and in the split second before they launch into the next song someone screams "500 OR LESS!!". i cracked up. Bryan, that wasn't you was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

That was me.

And I think they played a majority of their material. I think they could probably do about 5-6 more songs, but I wonder if they could do it physically.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    That was me.

And I think they played a majority of their material. I think they could probably do about 5-6 more songs, but I wonder if they could do it physically.
    Out of 5 times I've seen them this year, the longest set was about 40 minutes (Death by Audio show in March). To my knowledge, they only have these physical releases with the exception of negative space/automat songs from 2010 so we can't be expecting them to play longer sets (I wish)!!!

1) Metz "Leave me out" 7" by Sub Pop
    2) Metz/Fresh Snow split 7" Record Store Day 2012 (was only available at Toronto's Sonic Boom store) "Pig" (Sparklehorse cover by Metz) b/w BMX Based Tactics (Fresh Snow)
    3) Self titled LP

ps Did they still have "loser" edition available at the merch table? I need to find a copy for my cousin in Spain!

Missed this DBA show during CMJ but it's a great space (similar to the Smell but definitely a lot smaller). Also, this is where A place to bury strangers make/run their pedal business!

One of the best shows ever at DBA. Missing No Age

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

They had copies of the Loser edition. I went with the regular to save $5.

They had copies of the Loser edition. I went with the regular to save $5.
    Awesome! Thanks a lot

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

They were so fucking good tonight. Their drummer KILLS.

Seriously, this band fucking rules. I still can't get over how good they were in SF.

My ears are fucked. Doing it all again tomorrow - after all, it's nearly Tinnitus Awareness Week.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Wear earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wear earplugs.
    Chris was in a band for a while, 20 years ago. His ears are fucked regardless.

Night 2 just as loud, but with a much more animated audience. One guy ended up with blood coming out of his eye socket, which can't be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Night 2 just as loud, but with a much more animated audience. One guy ended up with blood coming out of his eye socket, which can't be good.
    You know you put on a good show when people starting bleeding from the eyehole.

Scored free tickets to see them on Monday.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Thanks for the bump. I nearly forgot to post this here. I wrote an article on METZ, which features an interview with Alex Edkins of the band, for a magazine here in Vancouver. Check it out if you are so inclined.

I am also seeing METZ and White Lung tonight and cannot be more stoked for the show right now.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

old school

Awesome good times.

Poland will kick my ass, thanks METZ!

White Lung were really, really great last night... but METZ. Holy shit. The show was absolutely phenomenal. They absolutely slayed. They were loud, vicious, aggressive, and super tight. The crowd was absolutely mental the entire set as well. God. Damn. METZ is just such a great band!
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

New song to be released online soon!

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB