Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE PRESETS COACHELLA 2013!!!!

Default Re: THE PRESETS COACHELLA 2013!!!!

Maybe it's a live DVD? That would be a nice thing to have.

old school

please no Presets again, nobody who has played in the last two years needs to come back yet, and especially not an act that's played TWICE in the last 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

And both times they got screwed being put up against a huge headliner. And I wasn't there either time. I support them coming back hah.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I loved the Presets closing the Mojave in '11... but anyone who chose them over Mccartney in '09 seriously needs to re-evaluate their priorities in life.
    Wouldn't mind seeing them again if they aren't conflicting with Blur or Stone Roses.
    I chose the Presets over McCartney, but the Presets set was only during the first half or 1/3 of Paul's. I believe I still caught 1.5 hours of McCartney's set. If I remember correctly I got there as Eleanor Rigby started. I got the best of both worlds and do not regret my decision one bit.

Same here.... then saw Crystal Method after that was done...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Signed. Saw them @ TI & they killed it, as usual! Loving the new album too, they need to come back this year and either scheduled against a shitty headliner like Killers, Muse, Mumford, etc. or one to two acts pre-headliner/closer even. I think plenty of peeps, myself included, missed seeing them for both McCartney in '09 & Kanye in '11, time for GV to smarten up and redeem themselves this year! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    And both times they got screwed being put up against a huge headliner. And I wasn't there either time. I support them coming back hah.
    I can't speak for '09, but they didn't get screwed in '11. The Mojave was packed with people.

Well the news they had for 3-12-12 was an Australian tour in January/February. At least we know they will probably not be in Australia in April.
    Coachella '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12
    Upcoming Shows:
    7/26-28: Fuji Rock Festival
    8/3-4: HARD Summer
    8/9: Grizzly Bear @ Hollywood Forever - Pryda Friends @ Create
    8/24-25: FYF Fest

PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS HAPPEN

I skimmed this thread and didn't catch anyone who mentioned this. Sorry if I missed it.

I've seen The Presets play since late 06, early 07, till most recently, and got to say that their single 'Ghosts' from their newest album 'Pacifica' chimes in heavily on how I perceived them through the years. And maybe that's exactly what Julian Hamilton is mentioning in this song. From a high, to a destructive high, back to being their solid selves; evading a crippling end.

Once i was a very young man, and very young man are none to clever
    Sailed across to faraway lands
    And farway towns of tin an terror
    Ran amok in a strip called love
    Lost my mind in the streets of neon
    Now I’m coming on back
    Help me up move right, left foot forward
    Oh we had a merry old time, but merry old times don’t count for nothing
    Cocaine, song and women and wine

Memories blur and they make me shudder
    Bed in the morning, eight, four, five, couple of days to get my head off

Presets - Coachella 13

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    please no Presets again, nobody who has played in the last two years needs to come back yet, and especially not an act that's played TWICE in the last 5 years.
    i guess this applies to everyone but Justice unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    The Black Keys?

and the Presets are always welcome. their 2011 set was ridiculous.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i don't want Justice back either. and they've only played twice in the last 5 years as well. why should Presets play again before Justice?

as far as them being screwed, that's ridiculous. the tent was packed both years they played.

as far as Black Keys, they went from daytime Main, to subheadliner, to headliner. at least that's a progression. Presets played a smaller tent and were billed in the exact same spot on the poster when they returned.

i know there is no way GV will ever do it, but i'm totally down for norepeatchella. or, if they insist, at least book acts that haven't played since like '02 or '04 or '05 (not counting headliners).

*EDIT: and before somebody brings up that Justice had played in '07 too, let's ask ourselves who was the only act in coachella history that played to a silent polo field. hint: it wasn't roger waters, or radiohead, or RATM, or Prince.

i don't want Justice back either. and they've only played twice in the last 5 years as well. why should Presets play again before Justice?

as far as them being screwed, that's ridiculous. the tent was packed both years they played.

as far as Black Keys, they went from daytime Main, to subheadliner, to headliner. at least that's a progression. Presets played a smaller tent and were billed in the exact same spot on the poster when they returned.

i know there is no way GV will ever do it, but i'm totally down for norepeatchella. or, if they insist, at least book acts that haven't played since like '02 or '04 or '05 (not counting headliners).

*EDIT: and before somebody brings up that Justice had played in '07 too, let's ask ourselves who was the only act in coachella history that played to a silent polo field. hint: it wasn't roger waters, or radiohead, or RATM, or Prince.

your fucking annoying..shut the fuck up..your wish list would also make one terrible coachella besides elton john and maybe ministry before they turned into a crappy ass metal group..so incase you didn't get it..shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

old school

you obv don't know shit about fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    your fucking annoying..shut the fuck up..your wish list would also make one terrible coachella besides elton john and maybe ministry before they turned into a crappy ass metal group..so incase you didn't get it..shut the fuck up
    I wouldn't go as far and say his list of bands would make a terrible Coachella. But, nbvcide is fucking annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

old school

then attack me for that, don't attack Trent Reznor, the Knife, Underworld, Deltron 3030, Sunn 0))), Primus, Moderat, Squarepusher, DJ Lance Rock, Royksopp, etc as being a shitty Coachella.

naming Elton John and Ministry just shows me that he has no idea who most of the names in my wish list are. and obviously has never seen them live. my apologies for trying to have a wish list almost entirely consisting of acts that have never played coachella, with a few that haven't in years. and that i removed acts that cannot play or have said they will not play (KMFDM, Weird Al, etc)

Looks like we will be getting our wish. Their new live set is pretty killer btw.

I wish I would have been at Mojave instead of at Kanye's boring goddamned show.

I didn't know we were all wishing for them to play a month before Coachella in colorado...

I didn't know bemerritt was a geographic dunce...

So that whole lineup is coming to Coachella?

No, but the band that is all the way out in the US from Australia will be, you dunce.

You do realize this is a Presets thread, right?

yeah we should definitely stop bringing bands back that put on amazing shows, especially when they have an entire new album's worth of material to draw upon that they didn't the last time they played.

you dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

While i want you to be correct, there are plenty of acts on that poster that won't make the trip to Coachella.

Yeah, but being this is a Presets thread...

You're right and i totally agree with you that I think they will be there. Just not trying to get my hopes up before the lineup is out. They were superb at TI this year and I look forward to seeing them again.

Fair enough.

There are three or four names on that poster that I would expect at coachella, including TEED, the Presets and Pretty lights (not a fan). A few others are possible too. It's not a lock, but it seems a little more likely than if they were in the Ukraine in march.