Thread: Above & Beyond @ Coachella 13?

Lurker

Default Above & Beyond @ Coachella 13?

Title says all. A&B at Coachella would be epic. Supporters?

Default Re: Above & Beyond @ Coachella 13?

Took too much.

Kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Why not just see them in one of their 100 LA appearances before then?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Why not just see them in one of their 100 LA appearances before then?
    This. I used to be a fan a few years ago, but their Group Therapy shit is so played out now. Insomniac has done too many shows with them. TATW 350 @ Palladium Dec'10, Album release @ Palladium May'11 (2 Days), EDC Vegas June'11, Group Therapy @ Shrine May'12 (3 Days), EDC Vegas June'12, Nocturnal '12. Also a couple events at Sutra down in OC thrown in there too as well as any San Diego & San Fran shows.... They play so often on the west coast that Coachella would be absolutely nothing special and by the time Coachella'13 rolls around, it will have been 2 years since any substantial new A&B material was released.

Besides, as much as I like trance the last thing I want to be witnessing is everyone in the Sahara belt out "Sun & Moon" while crying and throwing up heart shaped hands...

Agreed completely!

Sucks for those of us that don't live on the West Coast.

Personally, I am massive fan of Anjunabeats so an A&B slot has my full support. No matter how many shows these guys play their sets are always refreshing and full of energy. Yea, you're gonna hear 'Sun&Moon' and 'On My Way To Heaven' but the rest is much more mysterious than 99% of the other bookings we'll be getting in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Personally, I am massive fan of Anjunabeats so an A&B slot has my full support. No matter how many shows these guys play their sets are always refreshing and full of energy. Yea, you're gonna hear 'Sun&Moon' and 'On My Way To Heaven' but the rest is much more mysterious than 99% of the other bookings we'll be getting in the Sahara.
    This. We're gonna get armin, tiesto, pvd, or some other big name trance act anyway. Why not get the people who do semi cheesy trance better than anyone else? I always enjoy A&B shows, and i can't get away from the aforementioned 3 fast enough when they start playing
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    This. We're gonna get armin, tiesto, pvd, or some other big name trance act anyway. Why not get the people who do semi cheesy trance better than anyone else? I always enjoy A&B shows, and i can't get away from the aforementioned 3 fast enough when they start playing
    I am sure we would love to know just how you know this, please, do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

If Anjuna talent should be at Coachella, I'd rather have Jaytech, Dusky, and Jody Westernoff over there instead.

Signed.

FULL SUPPORT.

I would also like Norin & Rad or Mat Zo, two other artists I discovered by listening to their group therapy sets. I didn't like any trance at all until I heard A&B at EDC this year
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    FULL SUPPORT.

I would also like Norin & Rad or Mat Zo, two other artists I discovered by listening to their group therapy sets. I didn't like any trance at all until I heard A&B at EDC this year
    Might as well bring Binary Finary haha

Quote Originally Posted by AwClark View Post
    This. I used to be a fan a few years ago, but their Group Therapy shit is so played out now. Insomniac has done too many shows with them. TATW 350 @ Palladium Dec'10, Album release @ Palladium May'11 (2 Days), EDC Vegas June'11, Group Therapy @ Shrine May'12 (3 Days), EDC Vegas June'12, Nocturnal '12. Also a couple events at Sutra down in OC thrown in there too as well as any San Diego & San Fran shows.... They play so often on the west coast that Coachella would be absolutely nothing special and by the time Coachella'13 rolls around, it will have been 2 years since any substantial new A&B material was released.

Besides, as much as I like trance the last thing I want to be witnessing is everyone in the Sahara belt out "Sun & Moon" while crying and throwing up heart shaped hands...
    Yeah, they've played a lot of shows in cali because people REALLY want to see them. They sold out the warfield in SF in 10 minutes...that's a record for the warfield, and if you're not familiar with that venue, go see some of the past talent they've had. They sell out every show they have in Cali in a matter of minutes and that is something no other trance DJ/group does, not even armin who couldn't even sell out ruby skye last time he came around. Their shows are incredible and that's why the demand to see them is so high. Next time they tour around here I doubt they'll still be doing the "group therapy" set and I've heard they're working on new oceanlab material.

Anyways, signed signed signed- great producers, DJ's, and a group that actually cares about their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    FULL SUPPORT.

Absolutely Norin & Rad - such talented producers I would love them on the bill. Honestly that's how I feel about most talent from the Anjuna camp - Andrew Bayer, Arty, Jaytech, Myon & Shane, Super8 & Tab, Parker & Hanson - all terrific sounds. Just caught mat zo recently in Vegas and he was fantastic, I could listen to Satellite Dynamics on repeat forever. Hopefully the label's recent success can help them nab a few spots in the Sahara away from Skrilly and the train of brostep.

if you need a place to start:

Also either of their studio essential mixes (2004 and 2011) are great, both essential mix of the year, A&B only group/DJ to ever have more than one essential mix of the year
    Last edited by nick5745; 10-22-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Lurker

Bump.

Would love to see these guys at the polo fields. The tour dates have the coachella-sized gap and no LA dates

I'd be down with A&B, I've missed them the last few times theyve come around my way
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

If we're getting cheesy trance Above and Beyond would be the best option. I have a feeling Above and Beyond, Armin, Dash Berlin, Tritonal, and Arty will all be there
    Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
    Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
    Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
    Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
    Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
    The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
    Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda

If only they'd play real trance and not the fist pumping "trouse" bro-anthems... Then I'd say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    If only they'd play real trance and not the fist pumping "trouse" bro-anthems... Then I'd say yes.
    ahaha that's highly unlikely nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Also either of their studio essential mixes (2004 and 2011) are great, both essential mix of the year, A&B only group/DJ to ever have more than one essential mix of the year
    I absolutely HATED the 2011 mix but the 2004 mix was fucking magical.