Dear drug addicts of the board: Hoping you can help me out here. I've been home sick the last 48 hours with a nasty infection. Hadn't left my apartment since Wednesday. This afternoon, I headed out to get some fresh air. As soon as I left my apartment I was assaulted by a strong, strange smell in the hallway. It's hard to describe, but I'd say the most prominent "note" is that of burning plastic. There's also some kind of musty/grimy/sulfuric element to it, but it's not the dominant part of the smell. I think I'm also picking up on the slightest bit of sweetness. In the afternoon it was so strong that I was startled by it. It's definitely on my floor and I'm quite certain it's in my wing of the floor. There are 5 other apartments in this wing. I ran some errands and when I got back in the early evening the smell was still quite strong though now instead of being spread through the whole floor it seemed more localized to just my wing of the floor. The first time I smelled it was around 2pm and now at about 10pm it's roughly 50% of its original strength. Has anyone been through this before? Worth reporting? My landlord's out of town and all the apartments are individually owned. Would it be ridiculous to call LAPD?