Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra 15 / MMW / WMC

Default Re: Ultra 15 / MMW / WMC

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    My friend posted this on FB earlier. I don't think it's real but here ya go.

Attachment 8176
    trust me it is not real
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/ti...2013+EARLYBIRD

they're $230 now, not bad but i cant afford the flights and other expenses
    $300 with everything (fees, shipping)
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    this is going to be more like Ibiza and not coachella...the party wont stop in Miami for 2 weeks.
    You mean like its WMC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    You mean like its WMC?
    No it's going to be like IBIZA.... so full of drunk chavs on vacation and sunglasses stands selling ecstasy.

From May-September Ibiza is at its finest...Ultra has a opening ceremony and a closing. If you watch the UMF experience you will hear djs comparing Ultra to the Ibiza experience.....not to WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Good to know that Ultra's emails go straight to my spam folder. It looks like weekend 2 has sold out of the advanced group as well, just full price ones at this point.

It wAz teh scalpars

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    trust me
    whatever you do, do not follow this advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

It wAz teh scalpars
    Mos def.

Looks like I'm making my first trip to the South
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

So who bought tickets. Well, actually got early bird tickets through the email that went into everyones spam folders?

I'll be out there over the second weekend but not sure if I'll do Ultra or everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

If you are thinking about ultra, do your self and your wallet a favor and look at demf.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Albeit the fact the talent and overall experience of being in Detroit or Miami are virtually NOTHING alike.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    If you are thinking about ultra, do your self and your wallet a favor and look at demf.
    I can't get out of town very easily from May until the fall with work right now but I would love to sometime.

Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

SHM opening and Closing the festival. Playing Friday W1 and Sunday W2. This confirms that at least the set times will be different for each weekend.

WITH OPENING AND CLOSING PERFORMANCES SET FOR MARCH 15 & 24
    AT BOTH FESTIVAL WEEKENDS:
    MARCH 15, 16 & 17 AND MARCH 22, 23 & 24, 2013 IN MIAMI, FL

One Last Tour…The Final Curtain…It had to be….Ultra Music Festival

For the international juggernaut known as SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, it will end where it all began. The trio will wrap their final One Last Tour at both weekends of the 15th annual ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL, set for March 15, 16 and 17 and March 22, 23 and 24, 2013 at Bayfront Park in Miami, FL. They will bookend the festival with sets on the opening and closing nights of Friday, March 15 and Sunday, March 24, respectively. This marks a significant milestone in their incredible career together as ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL was where Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso made their SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA North American debut in March 2010.

”Ultra was the first place we really built a show for a main stage,” says SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA. “We filmed the whole thing and we played ‘ONE’ for the first time on that stage. It was a moment we would never forget and became the closing scene in our film, ‘Take One.’ The energy of the crowd was unbelievable and the fact that it’s part of Miami Music Week where so much new music is born made it even more special. It just felt right that we finished where so much was started and we’re honored to open and close the festival.”

This final stop of SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA’s One Last Tour will be highly emotional as the group bids farewell to their followers across the world and promises to create unrivalled memories for fans and them alike. After exploding on to the North American scene in 2010 at ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL with a main stage performance, the Swedes followed up their huge genre-defining club track “One” with the worldwide platinum-selling single “Miami 2 Ibiza” featuring Tinie Tempah, their first single to hit #1 on the Billboard club chart. Both tracks appeared on their 2010 compilation album Until One, which is still in the U.K. top 50 chart nearly two years after its release. The boys followed this with their second Billboard club chart topper and Grammy-nominated “Save The World” last summer, also a huge hit around the globe. They ended 2011 playing to 20,000 people at New York’s Madison Square Garden which sold out in a staggering nine minutes. This year has seen the release of the incendiary “Greyhound” and “Antidote” (a collaboration with Knife Party that reached #3 on the Billboard club chart) and in October SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA released their latest compilation album Until Now on Astralwerks. It rose to #4 on the iTunes album chart and debuted at #14 on the Billboard 200, marking the highest chart position and highest first week sales for a DJ-mixed album ever. The album debuted at #1 in the U.K. and top 10 in seven other countries. Until Now features the Swede’s third #1 Billboard club chart topper “Don’t You Worry Child” featuring John Martin, which is currently storming up the Top 40 charts. It recently hit #1 in the U.K., beating Adele’s “Skyfall.”

Limited tickets still remain for both weekends of ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL, exclusively at www.ULTRAmusicfestival.com.

About ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL:
    As the world’s most famous outdoor electronic music festival, ULTRA has won “Best Music Event” by the International Dance Music Awards (IDMA) six consecutive years, from 2005 to 2011, “Best International Dance Music Festival” by the Ibiza DJ Awards in 2008 and “Best Festival” by the Village Voice Media New Times consecutively five years running from 2005 through 2009. Originally created as a pure EDM (electronic dance music) festival in 1999, ULTRA has grown through the years to present not only the genre’s hottest, biggest and best headline artists (The Prodigy, Swedish House Mafia, The Chemical Brothers, Tiësto, David Guetta, deadmau5, Underworld, Kraftwerk, Armin van Buuren, Moby, Fatboy Slim, Justice, Carl Cox and Avicii to name a few), but also crossover headline bands that incorporate EDM elements in their music and have a history or new beginning in the EDM community and culture (The Cure, The Killers, New Order, Duran Duran, The Black Eyed Peas, Erasure, M83, Santigold, The Ting Tings, Cut Copy, Empire of the Sun and Bloc Party). In 2012, global pop icon Madonna appeared as a special surprise guest—the festival’s gift to their fans—to introduce the main stage final headlining artist AVICII, joining him behind the decks to premiere his UMF remix of her new single “Girl Gone Wild.” The year also was the subject of CAN U FEEL IT, a major documentary feature about the festival which was shown in over 500 theatres nation-wide. Together with its signature, cutting-edge productions, ULTRA is unrivalled by consistently presenting the world’s greatest, most diverse EDM line-ups year after year.

In 2013, as it enters its 15th year in existence, it will become the first major EDM festival in the world to expand to two weekends with dates set for March 15, 16 and 17 and March 22, 23 and 24.

A global brand, ULTRA takes place in Miami, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ibiza and Korea.
    edit: BARF

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL was where Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso made their SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA North American debut in March 2010.
    Pshhh and they're retiring already?! I was wondering what all the hype was when these dudes sold out MSG last year in couple minutes...

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

more of a reason not to go, a bunch of idiots will be there praising SHM when they'll play the same set they've been playing for almost an entire year

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    more of a reason not to go, a bunch of idiots will be there praising SHM when they'll play the same set they've been playing for almost an entire year
    Something tells me this set will have every song ever made and more lazerz than evar b4.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

So Swedish House Mafia is one headliner. Ok, 2 more left to be curious about or vomit over.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

doesn't deadmau5 play every year? there's #2
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    doesn't deadmau5 play every year? there's #2
    He actually hates Ultra. I'm too lazy to find you links, but he ranted about it last year.

he ranted about everything last year.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

No, he hates Ultra.

avicii, guetta/teisto

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    No, he hates Ultra.
    does he also hate his record label? pretty sure he went ham on all those clowns too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...tival-20120103

Electronic music star Deadmau5 released a 12-minute video to his fans on YouTube in which he slammed the Ultra Music Festival for its high ticket prices and unreasonable exclusivity contracts.

"Ultra to me is the definition of insanity – doing the same fucking thing every year, expecting different results every time," Deadmau5 says in the clip. "It's fun and it's cool, and if you've never been, go. But if you are one of those dudes that go every year, it's like, why would you go again?"

The producer balked at the high ticket prices for VIP tickets. "Five hundred and ninety-five fucking dollars for a ticket?" he said. "Wow, someone is laughing to the bank."

Deadmau5's main beef with the festival is that DJs on the bill are prohibited from playing sets at other venues while they are in town for the event. "[Winter Music Conference] used to be the Christmas for the fucking DJ, because you go to Miami for a week and play up to eight gigs that fucking week, easily," he says.

You can watch Deadmau5's full rant about the Ultra Music Festival in the clip below.

Interesting that SHM is at Ultra. Theyve had their own party the last few years. Ultra must have paid them a SHIT TON of money.

Interesting that SHM is at Ultra. Theyve had their own party the last few years. Ultra must have paid them a SHIT TON of money.
    They're not just at Ultra, they're doing their last ever show together at Ultra.

Take that SHIT TON of money, and double it.

since we're talking deadmau5 hates, what's the porter robinson beef about? best i could sumise is that the veldt and language sound alike and one called the other out but wait what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic