Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help settle a debate. Is Kid Cudi headliner material for Coachella?

Default Re: Help settle a debate. Is Kid Cudi headliner material for Coachella?

negative. but neither are most of the chella headliners!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Kid Cudi is not a headliner. He would be in the Jack Johnson category of weak headliners, maybe worse.
    This! Debate closed.
    Coachella 09, 10, 11, 12(1), 13(2)

It's all about the music.

I'm a Kid Cudi fan, but he is definitely not headliner material. Not even close yet. I could see them doing Drake before Cudi, which I would detest.

why is this thread not dead yet wtf

love the guy, but no. He's not headline material. Although now that Coachella sells out before the lineup is released, Golden Voice won't be obligated to book big names to sell tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ET MB 90266 View Post
    love the guy, but no. He's not headline material. Although now that Coachella sells out before the lineup is released, Golden Voice won't be obligated to book big names to sell tickets
    This argument constantly pops up and it reflects a short-sighted view that's kind of silly... Especially since all other actions from GV seem to indicate a focus on the long haul...

Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

The most I could see Kid Cudi getting is the slot A$AP Rocky had in 2012...

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

No!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Joking right? Headliner for these new kids who think little wayne is "so good"......... Not Coachella. I think all the newer rap is Shit..... Thank god I was at Coachella last year and watch the most Epic Rap headliners EVER!!!!

kendrick lamar is on his way. two more albums like good kid/m.a.a.d city and he's a lock.

Kid Cudi is not a headliner, nor will he ever be. And the same goes for Kendrick Lamar. Keep dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Lurker

NOT EVER. NO. NEVER EVER. EWW.

Nope.

Lurker

FUCK YEAH.

Definitely not. I know I would hugely disappointed to see him headline.

Quote Originally Posted by nevilledevil78 View Post
    Joking right? Headliner for these new kids who think little wayne is "so good"......... Not Coachella. I think all the newer rap is Shit..... Thank god I was at Coachella last year and watch the most Epic Rap headliners EVER!!!!
    man ur so cool man... do you like immortal technique

No sir no how

Quote Originally Posted by ET MB 90266 View Post
    Goldenvoice and Coachella brands will always require them to book big names. That is what the Coachella brand is. If they were careless to not feel obligated the next years sales would plummet. As much as people complain about the lineup and the headliners they are still pretty damn good, whne you see some of the alternatives that have been booked at festivals.

Its just starting to really make money and it is the biggest and id say the most respected music festival America has.