Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated Filmmakers

Lurker

Default Re: Overrated Filmmakers

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    I miss p.r. teo.... fucking xanman killed the thread
    Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin. Some of us have important meetings to get to instead of staying on an internet message board all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    My theory is P R Teo is really Dan Frank, director of Pets Of The Rich And Famous, Bikini Kitchen, and Coachella Massacre.

Attachment 8174
    It's offensive that you would think I wasn't who I say I was. It's more offensive that you would think I was responsible for those horrible movies. Have you even seen "Pets of the Rich and Famous? It makes "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" look like a great movie. The plot is paper thin and the acting is really awful. It's more offensive even that you would think I look like someone that ugly as that director.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Bai Ling is an oppressor of the Tibetan people.
    If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her. I guess it's so easy to do from the safety of the internet though, to make vicious comments about people you don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    It's always fun when some film nerd lectures you about how you should hate movies that you actually enjoy watching.

No, "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" is not "Citizen Kane", but damn if there weren't little kids dancing in the aisles during the movie, and our entire family went home happy. You don't have to hate yourself while you're watching a film to appreciate the genius behind the movie.
    Aren't you the one who couldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" is? Why don't you try watching something by Stanley Kubrick before you make us all laugh by calling Paul Thomas Anderson a genius. "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" was no good (horrible animation) and "The Master" was even worse. What was supposed to be wrong with Joaqin Phoenix's back? And he talked out of the side of his mouth like he had a stroke. My father had a stroke when I was young and he was never so powerful again after that so it was a real stretch that he would be able to fight off those cops like he did. I'm glad I get into movies for free or else I would stab myself for paying money to see that movie.
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo View Post
    Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin. Some of us have important meetings to get to instead of staying on an internet message board all the time.
    Sweet bro, did you get the job for Stargate 2? Independence Day 2?
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 10-17-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her.
    hand jobs?

Do you like the taste of your own penis p.r. teo?

Bai ling me long time.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Dude thinks Paul Thomas Anderson made The Fantastic Mr. Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

for real doe

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Also considers "watch some Stanley Kubrick" to be revelatory
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

(horrible animation)

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her. I guess it's so easy to do from the safety of the internet though, to make vicious comments about people you don't even know.
    Facts are facts, you fucking globule:

Quote Originally Posted by imdb
    Born in the southern city Cheng Du of China, Bai Ling began her career at the age of 14. She enlisted In the Chinese People's Liberation Army where she spent three years in a performance troop entertaining soldiers stationed in Tibet.
    That makes her an auxiliary to the crime, you worthless teabag.

oh and also:

Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin.
    If this had actually happened, you wouldn't have been posting it here.
    Last edited by TomAz; 10-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Dude thinks Paul Thomas Anderson made The Fantastic Mr. Fox.
    You're about as dumb as P.R. Teo. If you bothered to read the thread, Wed Anderson was brought up in the second page.

As for Teo's claim that I wouldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" was... what I said was:

"Enough scares and blood to be a legit horror film, enough humor and in-jokes to be a comedy, and the necessary cast members and female lead to make it a Joss Whedon production. Like all Whedon's work, there's a little "cheapness" to it - a few mistakes or missteps that should have been ironed out, some comedy that feels a little too cute, but all in all it's the best horror deconstruction since "Scream" with some really fine performances."

Maybe if I had realized at the time that P.R. Teo jerks off to the "Scream" DVD twice nightly I wouldn't have brought its hallowed name into the discussion, but I stand by what I said. Regarding "The Master" - just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it sucks. See, people often use film to explore their inner struggles, not just their homicidal urges. Wait... why am I arguing with an invented ghost login? Sigh.

So your theory is that I'm an idiot because in the middle of a paragraph discussing nothing but PTA, this jerkoff just inserted a comment on The Fantastic Mr. Fox? When you do that, contextually it makes you look like you think you're still talking about the same director.

Why don't we just dedicate this thread to letting Tom Servo and P.R., two people who have absolutely deplorable, retarded comments about film in any form to go back and forth calling each other stupid and neither one of you actually expressing a single opinion worth half a shit in the process.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

PTA's Resident Evil movies suck, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Sweet bro, did you get the job for Stargate 2? Independence Day 2?
    No I wouldn't be interested in doing one of those projects. I don't even know if he's even working on a Stargate 2. I'm not interested so I don't ask and he hasn't brought it up. I did give him some ideas on what the aliens should look like but otherwise we were just talking about this exciting new vampire property his company acquired that he said is a good fit for my sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Facts are facts, you fucking globule:

That makes her an auxiliary to the crime, you worthless teabag.

oh and also:

If this had actually happened, you wouldn't have been posting it here.
    I thought we were just going to speak English in here. Ok if not that's allright. 你他媽的混蛋

And better to stick to things you know, like waiting in line for food stamps and sitting by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    You're about as dumb as P.R. Teo. If you bothered to read the thread, Wed Anderson was brought up in the second page.

As for Teo's claim that I wouldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" was... what I said was:

"Enough scares and blood to be a legit horror film, enough humor and in-jokes to be a comedy, and the necessary cast members and female lead to make it a Joss Whedon production. Like all Whedon's work, there's a little "cheapness" to it - a few mistakes or missteps that should have been ironed out, some comedy that feels a little too cute, but all in all it's the best horror deconstruction since "Scream" with some really fine performances."

Maybe if I had realized at the time that P.R. Teo jerks off to the "Scream" DVD twice nightly I wouldn't have brought its hallowed name into the discussion, but I stand by what I said. Regarding "The Master" - just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it sucks. See, people often use film to explore their inner struggles, not just their homicidal urges. Wait... why am I arguing with an invented ghost login? Sigh.
    So what was the inner struggles in "The Master"? That Joaquin Phoenix wanted to fuck everybody? That he wanted to be like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Phillip Seymour Hoffman wanted to be like Joaquin Phoenix? That it was all just a dream like "Inception"? And the only time I would have jerked off to "Scream" was before there were even DVDs so your wrong like always on that.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    PTA's Resident Evil movies suck, too.
    He didn't make those movies. The first two are actually pretty good but I agree they should have stopped there on a high note.

IMDb

exciting new vampire property
    I could never hang with Hollywood types... they sound like morons
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

No I wouldn't be interested in doing one of those projects. I don't even know if he's even working on a Stargate 2. I'm not interested so I don't ask and he hasn't brought it up. I did give him some ideas on what the aliens should look like but otherwise we were just talking about this exciting new vampire property his company acquired that he said is a good fit for my sense of style.

I thought we were just going to speak English in here. Ok if not that's allright. 你他媽的混蛋

And better to stick to things you know, like waiting in line for food stamps and sitting by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check to be delivered.

So what was the inner struggles in "The Master"? That Joaquin Phoenix wanted to fuck everybody? That he wanted to be like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Phillip Seymour Hoffman wanted to be like Joaquin Phoenix? That it was all just a dream like "Inception"? And the only time I would have jerked off to "Scream" was before there were even DVDs so your wrong like always on that.

He didn't make those movies. The first two are actually pretty good but I agree they should have stopped there on a high note.
    You're insufferable. What gave you the audacity to come in here and act like anyone on these forums gives a flying fuck about your personal stories or encounters with b and c-list celebrities? No one gives a shit. Assuming you really are this "P.R. Teo" fellow, you make (and work on) extremely awful movies that only people without the access to technology would really appreciate. Not only that, but if you feel you are some star in your own eyes, why would you come to these boards and post to people who don't know who you are nor do they desire the drivel you force them to endure when you make a post?

No one fucking cares you narcissistic, Jet-Li-reject-looking motherfucker. Help reduce the surplus population and go drink bleach.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 10-19-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

... I haven't heard one celebrity that even reaches C-list, am I missing something?

... I haven't heard one celebrity that even reaches C-list, am I missing something?
    They are the ones that P.R. Teo works with.

VigoTheCarpathian

I'm just waiting for the grand finally when Randy becomes aware that he is p.r. teo. How surreal will this be for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    They are the ones that P.R. Teo works with.
    Right. Randy's saying that nobody he's mentioned amounts to even as lofty a ranking as C-list celebrity. Although I would disagree with that in regards to Jon Voight, but that was the joke he was going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Right. Randy's saying that nobody he's mentioned amounts to even as lofty a ranking as C-list celebrity. Although I would disagree with that in regards to Jon Voight, but that was the joke he was going for.
    Got it. I interpreted it differently. I thought he was referring to celebrities in general, as if C-list celebrities don't exist. Didn't initially realize he was referencing the "celebrities" P.R. Teo has worked with.

VigoTheCarpathian

the meeting of the minds

VigoTheCarpathian

what the fuck

You have Tom pegged. Truly, spot on.

The pictures of this p.r. teo guy are fucking classic.

Memes must be made.

I can't get memegenerator to work. Must be my firewall at work.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You're insufferable. What gave you the audacity to come in here and act like anyone on these forums gives a flying fuck about your personal stories or encounters with b and c-list celebrities? No one gives a shit. Assuming you really are this "P.R. Teo" fellow, you make (and work on) extremely awful movies that only people without the access to technology would really appreciate. Not only that, but if you feel you are some star in your own eyes, why would you come to these boards and post to people who don't know who you are nor do they desire the drivel you force them to endure when you make a post?

No one fucking cares you narcissistic, Jet-Li-reject-looking motherfucker. Help reduce the surplus population and go drink bleach.
    Have you seen any of my movies? Reading about them on IMDb isn't the same as watching them. I can post stuff on IMDb about how GuyInTucson is really smart and witty but of course it wouldn't be true. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true. So if you haven't watched my movies then your criticism doesn't mean anything to me. And you must not have watched them or you wouldn't be so offensive to me. Instead you would be one of my followers on Facebook and Twitter eagerly waiting my next movie to fawn over.

Why do I come here? Let's say it's like a self-tax. Charity work to mingle with people who go to the same events I"ve been going to since 2006. That and boredom. And if you don't care, you sure respond a lot.

IMDb

This thread is like a circle jerk with no real penises and a total lack of remuneration. I can't believe you boys are still in here.

I just got an email that P.R. tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full. P.R., please send again. I can't wait to read this hot load of bullshit.

This really belongs in the Wherein We Post Private Messages For Public Commentary Thread, but I figured it was more relevant here:

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo
    You asked for it, asshole. I was talking to Bai Ling on the phone Saturday and mentioned what you said about her oppressing Tibetans. She got really offended like I predicted and pointed out that even her maid is Tibetan so how can she oppress Tibetans? It was just to painful to hear the pain in her voice over being told about so offensive a remark that you said. I know your probably just a punk teenage kid who still lives in his parents garage so you don't have any real world experience but the words you say from behind the internet really do have an affect on how people feel. She yelled at me and said to me that I ruin her trip to Beijing so I hope you are happy about that. I hope you get run over by a car! Or better yet that you unknowing come to audition for one of my movies and I can laugh you out of the room. Don't expect that your career is ever going to get off the ground. I won't allow it!
    Awesome. So awesome on so many levels. High five, Tom.
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 10-22-2012 at 08:35 PM.