Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated Filmmakers

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Overrated Filmmakers

Requiem for a Dream is also not about heroin addicts, at least the movie sure as fuck isn't as evidenced by the fact that the goddamn idiots who made it inserted approximately 18 closeups of their eyeballs reacting to the rush of what they were shooting and had their pupils do the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of what an eyeball on heroin actually does.

Also, it's a terrible piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Requiem for a Dream is also not about heroin addicts, at least the movie sure as fuck isn't as evidenced by the fact that the goddamn idiots who made it inserted approximately 18 closeups of their eyeballs reacting to the rush of what they were shooting and had their pupils do the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of what an eyeball on heroin actually does.

There are creative licenses taken in that movie with certain things. It made me really uncomfortable watching the desperation of the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

That doesn't qualify as a creative license. What actually happens to the eyes of heroin addicts would have been just as aesthetically impressive and frankly much prettier. It was a simple result of people who don't know anything about drug addicts making a movie about drug addicts so that they could pump two hours of miserable bullshit with absolutely zero purpose or interesting qualities to their characters. Fuck that movie.

Hating Trainspotting though is just stupid. Actually it's not even stupid, it's just one of the easiest, quickest ways in the world to identify yourself as someone with no taste or understanding of the medium whatsoever in very few words. It's like saying that you knew by track two of Sgt. Pepper's that you would never like that album.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

That doesn't qualify as a creative license. What actually happens to the eyes of heroin addicts would have been just as aesthetically impressive and frankly much prettier. It was a simple result of people who don't know anything about drug addicts making a movie about drug addicts so that they could pump two hours of miserable bullshit with absolutely zero purpose or interesting qualities to their characters. Fuck that movie.

Hating Trainspotting though is just stupid. Actually it's not even stupid, it's just one of the easiest, quickest ways in the world to identify yourself as someone with no taste or understanding of the medium whatsoever in very few words. It's like saying that you knew by track two of Sgt. Pepper's that you would never like that album.
    I loved Trainspotting actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

VigoTheCarpathian

Wes Anderson. I mean enough already

I'm going to add to this dialogue and provide no supporting facts/opinions: Michael Moore is a douche.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Lurker

You're right, I don't know anything about making shitty ripoffs of horror films.
    That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about you not knowing about making a movie because you've never made one.

You don't see him leave the bar. It cuts directly from him exiting the toilet to a close up of his feet back at the apartment. Explain to me how that told you everything you needed to know, dipshit. You make fucking horror movies that I'm relatively certain probably don't adhere to a fierce standard of realism. What the fuck is it that this one minute long diversion into a surrealist metaphor for Renton's desperation in the face of withdrawal somehow communicated to you about the filmmaker that has given you such an absurdly passionate hatred of what is probably the most consistent aesthetic work of our generation? Also, what the fuck would you know about heroin addiction?
    I had a girlfriend who watched the movie incessantly. I had to have seen it out of my peripheral vision at least a dozen times. You see Ewan McGregor leave the bar. Unless the print they had in Australia is different than the print they had in America, but the version I saw, you see him leave the bar.

And it told me everything I need to know about how out of his head Danny Boyle was in making this movie. I'm not proud to say I made some mistakes with addiction in the past and am too familiar with what ravages heroin has. I just thought he made light of the subject that I really found offensive. I mean, forget about the fucking toilet. A goddamn baby crawling on the ceiling?

For once, you and I agree. But again your wrong on the details. I counted 34 closeups of their eyeballs reacting incorrectly, not 18.
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

It is true that Jon Voight was pretty amazing in Anaconda.

Anaconda was overrated. This is his finest performance:
    Last edited by Boourns; 10-10-2012 at 03:42 AM.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    You have to be the same person as Slow Motion Apocalypse. You just have to be.
    This was the exact same thought that went through my head.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo View Post

I had a girlfriend who watched the movie incessantly. I had to have seen it out of my peripheral vision at least a dozen times. You see Ewan McGregor leave the bar. Unless the print they had in Australia is different than the print they had in America, but the version I saw, you see him leave the bar.
    Is this the same girlfriend that you hung out with for 3 days after she had died from an overdose?

You see him leave the toilet, and it's not even really a bar.

Why would they have a different version in Australia? You're an idiot.
    Last edited by algunz; 10-10-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Overrated Boardmembers.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937115/

Adventurer Captain Nemo joins forces with President Ulysses Grant to battle an evil genius who is causing naval disasters.
    I really don't know where to begin. RIVETING

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post

How is this not from the same folks who make MegaShark Vs. Giant Octopus?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Sharktopus!!!

This made-for-TV movie has an overall score of 3.9 on IMDB -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1506458/

And who can forget the smash-hit, Necromentia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286765/

VigoTheCarpathian

Who ever saw Julian Schnabel's bizarre interview on Henry Rollins' bogus show. when he was talking about holding hands with lou reed, listening to metal machine music around lou's fathers cadaver. HAHAHAHA TOO GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    How badly I want those old meme pics from back in the day...
    There are meme pics of this guy somewhere?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    There are meme pics of this guy somewhere?
    the assumption is that this guy is PTA i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Anaconda was overrated. This is his finest performance:
    I suspect your trying to be funny. I had several long conversations with Jon on the set and he was able to impart a lot of wisdom about choosing projects. Not at first but as I got more comfortable with our relationship, I gave him some grief about his appearances in the "Baby Geniuses" movies -- he's attached to the 4th and 5th movies of the franchise -- and he told me very soberly that there are some things you have to do for your kids. He didn't mean his actual kids because I don't think Angelina Jolie is going to see "Baby Geniuses" on a date with Brad Pitt but he meant his grandkids, and for me it would be my kids. I can respect where he's coming from even though I'm so fucked up my idea of a kids movie would be something like "Hansel and Gretel" in the classic Grimm tradition, where I show the kids graphically shoving the witch into the oven and you see her skin boiling and the soundtrack would just be full of hisses like steam engines to give the proper pop of her skin disintegrating and then they eat her because they had to much sugar and they need some protein and her corpse is the only source. Then as they try to leave her cabin they come upon a mass grave of the witches previous victims and discover that she was part of a coven, and now the coven is coming after them for killing their sister. See, I just came up with that off the top of my head. You never know how inspiration is going to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Is this the same girlfriend that you hung out with for 3 days after she had died from an overdose?

You see him leave the toilet, and it's not even really a bar.

Why would they have a different version in Australia? You're an idiot.
    I've had more than one girlfriend in my life. I'ive had sex with Bai Ling. You think I only ever had one girlfriend that any time I mention one, it's the same person? And you call me an idiot?

They have different versions of movies in different countries. Like in America, there are digital people added to the orgy scene in "Eyes Wide Shut" to avoid the NC-17, but in every other country those digital people aren't there. Again, and you call me an idiot?

If I get the budget I want, the effects for this are going to make the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" look stupid. I'm really optimistic too because of David Morrissey's role in this next season of the "Walking Dead." If the ratings continue on the trajectory they did the last two seasons and he trends enough on Twitter, I'll be working with my biggest budget yet. Lots of expectations but I'm up to the challenge.

This made-for-TV movie has an overall score of 3.9 on IMDB -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1506458/
    Do you know how many enemies I made in Tucson? People who thought I owed them a job on my Hollywood projects because they worked with me on one of the movies I shot in Tucson and they showed up and were drunk or high on the set even though I told them I was in recovery or just were lazy or didn't do a good job, and so somehow I'm the asshole because I break some "promise" they thought I made to take them with me because they can't have success on their own. And what's the one way they can get back at me? Give my movies bad scores on IMDb. I guarantee you if you talk to the filmmakers of the movies on IMDb that are less than 5 stars, the most of their bad scores can be traced back to people who have an axe to grind.

And who can forget the smash-hit, Necromentia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286765/
    From http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2009/0...-necromentia/:

Necromentia is another non linear anthology that intertwines it’s stories. This time the tale is that of three men – Hagen, Travis and Morbius – as they each experience their own personal hell, then proceed to reign hell upon the next man. And while there have been many attempts at re-creating hell on screen, none more famous than Clive Barker’s Hellraiser and it’s twisted ‘hero’ Pinhead, none have felt so unpleasantly real as Necromentia. Never has a film’s title been so apt – with it’s mix of freakish, nightmarish imagery, sadomasochism, gore, torture, and dark twisted storytelling, Necromentia is like watching a window into hell, showing the true “craziness of death” – including such twisted scenes as a pig headed monster wrapped in barbed wire dancing round a room and a karaoke sequence featuring a song that could have written by satan himself.
    Yeah, I was really going for a crowd pleaser with that one. It's no surprise it wasn't commercial. The audience for a movie like that is necessarily small because only a select few can be primed to accept such a dystopic view of life.

IMDb

Lurker

And in keeping with the intent of this thread, can someone fucking kill Quentin Tarantino and put us out of the misery of having another movie by him be released every so many years already? I don't know if he was trying to make a homage to Buddhism with the reincarnation of Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction" but as a native Singaporean, I thought that was really offensive. His soundtracks would be infinitely better if they had music from THIS CENTURY. Stop living in the past, Quentin. And how much of a sellout do you have to be to make a movie called "Kill Bill" and have advertisements say "In 2004, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill" and then right before it's released you cut it into 2 and Bill doesn't even appear until the following year? The only good thing about that movie was Lucy Liu, but then I've had an unrequested crush on her ever since "Ally McBeal." (Another girlfriend -- not the one who overdosed or who liked "Trainspotting," in case algunz is going to jump to those conclusions.) And now he's got this "Django Unchained" coming out and you just know it's another blaxploitation ripoff. Talk about going back to the same well too many times.

IMDb

VigoTheCarpathian

Your ideas are very boring

For someone trying way too hard to be offensive you sure get butthurt a lot by things that aren't there
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Did you guys hear that? He's going to show League of Extraordinary Gentlemen what the FUCK is up.

I'ive had sex with Bai Ling
    Your single greatest claim to fame is sticking it in some nerd bait that is only famous because she was in a scene in Star Wars Episode 3 that didn't even make it into the movie. BTW love the sweet Val Kilmer Doors tatt
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Hey, she was also in Crank 2: High Voltage.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

and celebrity rehab!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

"unrequested crush"

And in keeping with the intent of this thread, can someone fucking kill Quentin Tarantino and put us out of the misery of having another movie by him be released every so many years already? I don't know if he was trying to make a homage to Buddhism with the reincarnation of Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction" but as a native Singaporean, I thought that was really offensive. His soundtracks would be infinitely better if they had music from THIS CENTURY. Stop living in the past, Quentin. And how much of a sellout do you have to be to make a movie called "Kill Bill" and have advertisements say "In 2004, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill" and then right before it's released you cut it into 2 and Bill doesn't even appear until the following year? The only good thing about that movie was Lucy Liu, but then I've had an unrequested crush on her ever since "Ally McBeal." (Another girlfriend -- not the one who overdosed or who liked "Trainspotting," in case algunz is going to jump to those conclusions.) And now he's got this "Django Unchained" coming out and you just know it's another blaxploitation ripoff. Talk about going back to the same well too many times.
    Nobody gives a fuck.